Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vampire Night DLX Arcade Cabinet NIGHTMARE  (Read 2163 times)

Luka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2021, 05:14:24 am
Vampire Night DLX Arcade Cabinet NIGHTMARE
« on: August 03, 2014, 07:37:07 pm »
Hi everyone I have a Vampire Night Deluxe which I am trying to get up and running. Firstly the huge 46" rear projection screen decided to spark from the flyback and not work but thankfully we found a replacement screen which went in nicely the other night. But now the bloodly game board is giving me grief and I was wondering if anyone else has had fun tinkering with a Namco System 246 before because I have read online that they can be a nightmare so I am expecting a bumpy road ahead. Anyways the issue I have is the machine powers up but the game board seems to display a message:

JVS CONNECTING...
[ Jv Monitor]

Once it get's to this message it seems to just hang and I have left it for a couple minutes just in case but normally it would of booted by the same time frame. I did even plug in a small TV just make sure it wasn't the screen or the cable or something but it displays the same message.

I have also stripped it down and cleaned the system but it doesn't seem to make a difference, also now it will randomly not display any errors just a blank screen. I'm at my whits end with this damn board it seems no matter what I do it just keeps giving me the middle finger.

Here is a image link of the JVS board:

Here is a photo of my version of the Namco System 246:

Serial Number:

I checked the voltages at the power cable for the JVS board and I got the following:

Red 5.27V
Yellow 12.57V

Many thanks folks  ;D