Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Light gun help  (Read 1567 times)

theonegoku

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2014, 09:59:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Light gun help
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »
Ok electrical people, I need some help.  Long time lurker, love watching the project threads but now I need some help.  I have a top gun 3 and bought a table saw pedal because I hate pressing a button on the side to jump out on time crisis...I was just gonna solder a cable from the a button to the pedal and be done, at most I would need to know how to find what cable I would need to work with each other, but I opened the pedal and...not really what I expected...

I've posted some pics that I took with my iPad just to show what's going on, the first one is ove the gun, the goldish square toward the front of the barrel is where the A button presses against to initiate the action. And the other two are the pedal, and the connection on it.  If it helps any it's a conntrol 862 series.

I remember a while back I had googled so etching about this and someone had modded it with this pedal, but for the life of me can no longer find the project.  If you guys need any more information from me, please let me know.  Thank you

V/R

Theonegoku