Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Does anyone know of a good MP3 playlist generator  (Read 858 times)

Skeleton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2002, 05:45:22 pm
    • Skeleton's Arcade
Does anyone know of a good MP3 playlist generator
« on: March 22, 2002, 07:10:09 am »
It really surprises me considering the popularity of MP3's that I can't find a good, simple, fullscreen playlist generator.

What I am looking for is:
1) Fullscreen - not windowsy looking
2) Operated by keyboard
3) Generates Playlist and then just send M3U filet to Winamp to play, sort of like a frontend to Winamp.
4) Scans all MP3's in user defined directories and their subdirectories for the ID3 tags and maintains it in some sort of a database. I don't want it scanning thousands of MP3's every time I run it, only when I tell it to update the database.
5) A tree-like interface (similar to the left side of the Windows Explorer window, only with a larger font which would be readable of an arcade monitor) which goes like Genre--Artist--Album--Song. Selecting an item in the tree automatically selects all items under it. For example if the Country genre is highlighted and selected it will add all songs under that genre to the playlist, if a particular album is highlighted and selected it will add all the songs on that album, if a particular song is selected it will only add that song.  I picture it like the selection tree being on the left half of the screen and the playlist being on the right half of the screen.
6) Navigation would go something like this: up/down arrow keys - move up and down the genre/artist/album/song list, left/right arrow keys - expand collapse genre/artist/album, spacebar - add highlighted genre/artist/album/song to playlist, enter- Launch winamp with playlist sent as a M3U file, U key - update database, X key - exit, D key - clear playlist

This seems simple enough to me, but I can't find anything out there that comes close enough to fitting this description. I did find a Winamp plugin called, I think, MP3 Archiver that comes sort of close to this, but it is buggy and has some features that I don't need or want. Programs like Arcade Jukebox are nice, but they aren't good at managing thousands of MP3's.

If you know of anything that would do this please tell me. I would rather not spend a ton of time making my own. I would rather spend my free time making cabinets and playing games.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »