Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: i hate to give this guy views but...  (Read 3286 times)

dcninja

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2015, 11:35:40 am
i hate to give this guy views but...
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:29:13 am »
it's so funny!!! check out his colorful comments too! hahaha what an idiot.

mattgold

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2016, 12:28:05 pm
  • Tinker 'till it's right...
Re: i hate to give this guy views but...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:28:36 am »
oooooo... Pat. Pending TECH!  :notworthy:

:lol

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2024, 10:30:57 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:43:40 am »
I'm honestly a tad confused.  Is this joker taking himself serious or is he just an amazing troll?  Either way, it has an "Aminated" screen saver!

He even claims to have written the OS and that the thing runs on a Sega Megadrive...  Gotta be a troll.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:28:25 am
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 09:58:14 am »
I love the camera work from an 80's music video.

I would think it was brilliant comedy if it weren't for his comments about selling them:
got some MINI , 2 player PLEXIGLASS models coming !!!! 12,000 games also ( same standard , but in bartop form )

CraftyMech

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 08:08:45 pm
  • I love the smell of solder in the morning...
    • craftymech.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:31:37 am »
I love the confusing array of redundant rom sets underlaid by a crosshatch grid.

" :censored: of shooters!"
BitKit 8bit FPGA Multi - http://craftymech.com

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:28:25 am
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 11:48:17 am »
Someone needs to make one that's like an old car dealership commercial....

stigzler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 03:01:48 pm
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time....
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:31 pm »
I can tell I am getting old.  That music was offensive to my ears.  :oldman

Well he can do what he likes since it isn't a crime any more to sell your cabinet with roms inside.   :o
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Slippyblade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »
I can tell I am getting old.  That music was offensive to my ears.  :oldman

Well he can do what he likes since it isn't a crime any more to sell your cabinet with roms inside.   :o

Nah, the music sucked.  Video sucked.  Build quality is barely functional.  I love the rats nest of what looks like a double keyboard hack.  He makes a big deal of "showing the LED's on the controller..."  Those look an awful lot like Num, Caps, and Scroll lock.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:20:17 pm by Slippyblade »

Unstupid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 08:46:34 am
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:29:54 pm »
This has to be a joke right?  Who would not bother to rotate their pictures into the correct orientation for the video?   ???

slappyhooper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2016, 06:59:59 pm
  • Being a civilian...That's the life!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:02:16 pm »
I loved the match to show the patent pending usb converter.
Has to be a troll.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:56:36 pm »
He even claims to have written the OS and that the thing runs on a Sega Megadrive...  Gotta be a troll.

Sure it runs on a Megadrive. See those two PCs around the side? Those are the expansion modules that plug into the cartridge and accessory ports. You gotta have that much horsepower for the 208 button and six LEDs from his custom encoders made by Logitech.

matsadona

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 02:54:23 am »
I really hope it is a troll... But sadly he is probably just completely nuts  :dizzy:
Even worse is that there are people out there buying crap from these kind of dudes, since they don't know better. Spread the word about quality arcade builds people so that we will get rid of this dark side of arcade gaming :)
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

zanna5910

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2023, 02:43:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:11 am »
Wow, that front end.  12000 large icons.  Has anyone ever tried to open a folder of 12K items using large icons with every set using the same icon.  That would be murder to look thru.  down, down, down, down, down, down, almost there! down, down, down...  :dizzy:

CraftyMech

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 08:08:45 pm
  • I love the smell of solder in the morning...
    • craftymech.com
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 11:37:20 am »
Wow, that front end.  12000 large icons.  Has anyone ever tried to open a folder of 12K items using large icons with every set using the same icon.  That would be murder to look thru.  down, down, down, down, down, down, almost there! down, down, down...  :dizzy:

Did I click on Donkey Kong (rom set 3) or Donkey Kong (rom set 2)? Who cares it has 12,000 games! I'm the King of MAME!  :burgerking:
BitKit 8bit FPGA Multi - http://craftymech.com

dcninja

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »
dude is hitting comments on there now... we should all go troll him and try to get more info. someone contact him about buying one of those and post the results plz hahaha

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:41:48 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »
dude is hitting comments on there now... we should all go troll him and try to get more info. someone contact him about buying one of those and post the results plz hahaha

Just remember rule #5.    :police:

Scott

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »
I think I saw a Dankey Kang rom in there somewhere.... ;D

dcninja

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:31 pm »
dude is so fired up!

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:45 am »
dude is so fired up!

I take it you saw his other videos then? I took a peek at his Megadrive OS (it runs Firefox! Bitchin'!) and some of the other older videos. I had to stop after three minutes. Watching a cross-eyed Metallica wannabe trying to convince people that using a SEGA splash screen makes a Megadrive isn't my idea of appealing.

I got curious about his ultra crap Mortal Kombat Klone so I crawled for SteelToken420. Suddenly the name and his behavior makes a whole lot of sense. Try it, I spent about two commercial breaks just browsing his garbage.

I probably wouldn't crap on him if he didn't try to pass off a twenty year old piece of hardware running his own OS.

I'm going to purge the cache now. :puke
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:03:54 am by SavannahLion »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 02:20:13 am »
dude is so fired up!

Sounds like an opportunity to order 10 units.......maybe not.  :lol
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

brandon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 03:08:43 pm
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »
There is absolutely no way this is real..  This is somebody from the community having a go at us, pulling our legs, "taking the piss" as the brits say.  There is just NO way this guy is serious.  If he's smart enough to change the start up screen on Windows to say Sega, and he's smart enough to hack a keyboard and get the machine running then he HAS to know enough about our community and frequent this and may other forums.  Anyone knowledgeable enough to do this would know that there is no way anybody would fall for what he's trying to say.  Unless he is one of those rare folks who are just barely smart enough to be dangerous..  I'm just in such awe at want an idiot he is that I can't believe he's for real.

This reminds me though.. what was that guys name that used to do a real hack job of Mame cabs and sell them at amusement auctions?  Its been years ago but I remember him being a sleazy Ron Jeremy/ Mario looking guy that everyone said smelled funny.

brandon

• Offline Offline
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 09:17:50 pm »
well.. I guess I was wrong.  After further examination I realize that people this dumb and/or full of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- really do exist.  I guess I should final stop giving humanity the benefit of the doubt.  Someone always proves me wrong.  ;D

Slippyblade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »
well.. I guess I was wrong.  After further examination I realize that people this dumb and/or full of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- really do exist.  I guess I should final stop giving humanity the benefit of the doubt.  Someone always proves me wrong.  ;D

I gotta know, what changed your mind?

brandon

• Offline Offline
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »

Mainly it was reading the comment by  SavannahLion which has since been deleted, about this thread:  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,105987.120.html 

Its not the same guy but if there is one guy like this out there it means there are more where he came from.  ;D

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 12:11:17 am »

Mainly it was reading the comment by  SavannahLion which has since been deleted, about this thread:  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,105987.120.html 

Its not the same guy but if there is one guy like this out there it means there are more where he came from.  ;D

It took me like five edits to get the damn link to work properly then I decided that I sounded like a putz by mentioning him so I just flat out deleted it. Basically what I was trying to say is...

Take a look at his other Youtube videos. They date back about two years. Now go look for the one where he has a rant about something or another.. I don't feel like looking through his channel again, but it's labeled raz or something. Once you watch it (I saw about three or four seconds of it, so I have no idea what he's talking about), go Google his handle. SteelToken420. Seriously, I ---smurfing--- spent months pulling papers on SB420 and I didn't catch on to that?

He's unstable like the guy in the link I couldn't get working. He's likely the kind of guy that spends 5 minutes reading an article and he's suddenly more knowledgeable than the guy who spent 30 years writing that paper. ::)

What's scary is that, apparently, he works at a computer repair place (is that a cardboard sign??) and that is crazy scary. Do you trust the pot head willing to give you  two games for your RROD 360? :dizzy:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:13:39 am by SavannahLion »

brandon

• Offline Offline
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 12:26:47 am »

It took me like five edits to get the damn link to work properly then I decided that I sounded like a putz by mentioning him so I just flat out deleted it. Basically what I was trying to say is...

Take a look at his other Youtube videos. They date back about two years. Now go look for the one where he has a rant about something or another.. I don't feel like looking through his channel again, but it's labeled raz or something. Once you watch it (I saw about three or four seconds of it, so I have no idea what he's talking about), go Google his handle. SteelToken420. Seriously, I ---smurfing--- spent months pulling papers on SB420 and I didn't catch on to that?

He's unstable like the guy in the link I couldn't get working. He's likely the kind of guy that spends 5 minutes reading an article and he's suddenly more knowledgeable than the guy who spent 30 years writing that paper. ::)

What's scary is that, apparently, he works at a computer repair place (is that a cardboard sign??) and that is crazy scary. Do you trust the pot head willing to give you  two games for your RROD 360? :dizzy:

wow.. well, he may think he knows everything but he also has to know he's outright lying about creating his own OS that looks an AWFUL lot like Windows Vista with the loading screen and system sounds changed.  Matter of fact I called him out on that and he never said another word..  So I guess he knows just enough to ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- people who don't know any better and con folks out of their money.  It is scary though, because people like that shouldn't have I.T jobs.  He's the kind of guy who would install some spyware on a lady's laptop so he can watch her undress via her webcam..   I could be wrong though.. maybe he DID write his own OS for Sega Genesis that will run Firefox, Flash Player, MameUI32 AND Capcom CPS2 games.  All on one  Motorola 68000 and Z80. LOL   :applaud:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:28:20 am by brandon »