Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Chicago Gaming - Arcade Legends 2 - NeoTec S-501 / Vertical Defection Failure?  (Read 906 times)

zgolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2013, 11:54:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Just purchased this game for $100.00 with the "newbie" diagnosed headline ...  ???

Is this an expensive problem to fix by a competent tech ?

Any help would be appreciated ... Thank you !

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:03:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
while i don't know this board specifically, most of these neoteks are the same. off the top of my head....

there is a microchip on the board...something like a LA7851 or 7852. It'll be the only 20 pin microchip on there. This chip first handles the vertical deflection. you'll have to check the power supply and make sure it's getting power. (pin20 opposite the dot marking the pin1) this is the power for the vertical deflection.  should be over 12 volts i think 16 or something like that. not too important. as long as it's  not like 9 volts.... i think the chip requires at least 12 volts or something like that. if it's low you need to dig a little deeper. There may be something shorted causing the power to dip low.

if that's getting power, i'd check the LA7832 or 7833 chip. this chip looks like a transistor but has about 7 legs sticking out the bottom instead of 3. It actually performs the deflection. Check it's power pin (pin6 - you may have to solder a tag wire onto the bottom of the board to measure without shorting things out with your probe accidentally.) it should be 20 something volts...24, 26. if there is juice there, i'd just replace the LA7832 and go from there if it still doesn't work. again if it's low you'll need to dig deeper.

to measure to voltages, just clip the black line from the meter to the metal frame and probe the pins (if you can) to read the voltage. If you can't get to them, you may have to solder a tag wire onto the pin and read the power that way. this works well if things a buried out of the way and the bottom side of the board is inaccessible.