Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Request - Neo Geo CP artwork  (Read 1587 times)

Zrooney

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2018, 07:33:27 am
  • Master Procrastinator
Request - Neo Geo CP artwork
« on: July 29, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »
I need someone to do some slight custom artwork for my CP. I am using a Dig Dug cabinet control panel but want to put Neo Geo graphics on it. The problem is the Neo Geo artwork is larger than my CP, so i need someone to re-size the Neo Geo artwork to fit a dig dug CP.  I also would like to have "Exit" added in the top right, I really don't know how hard that would be to do that. 

The dimensions are

24" wide by 11 5/8 long

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have some very limited Photoshop skills, so if someone could guide me through what to do that would also work.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2024, 11:31:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Request - Neo Geo CP artwork
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 02:55:14 am »
Something like this ?  Made it 25 x 12 5\8 (the size you wanted plus 1\2 black border all around for trimming to fit as needed) at 300DPI in png format but that is around 10MB so couldn't upload here due to attachment size limit of 2MB so saved as JPG with fairly high compression to get under 2MB - if you want to print it out send me an E-mail address and I'll send you the PNG format without compression. Also the location of the control buttons changed a bit since the new dimensions were a different ratio so the placement need some adjustment but I think I got them positioned well but look it over and see if they need some tweaking and I can adjust them prior to sending the PNG format if needed.

EDIT : Noticed a couple errors on the Art (black line on the red and White spot on the black of player 2 So Adjusted and reuploaded )
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:25:01 pm by JDFan »

Zrooney

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2018, 07:33:27 am
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »
Thank you so much JDFan. What you have done is more than I could have imagined, and thanks for being so helpful. The only thing I would need to make sure of is the button holes for placement.

The very bottom holes need to be 7/8 inches from the bottom of the CP, so from the bottom of the artwork.

The middle buttons (B) need to be 4 1/4 inches from the bottom. (Obviously the other buttons would curve respectively)

The "Left Player Start" and "Exit: need to be 3" inside, so away from the edge. So all the buttons should be 4 1/2" apart from one another.

That is the only thing I need done. If you can do that than that would be fantastic.  I will just give it one final look over and have it printed. Thanks so much again!

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »
I can move them as needed fairly easily but not sure exactly what you want -- ie when you say for example Button B 4 1\4 inches from the bottom is that the center of the button hole or the top or bottom ? And does that include the 1\2 inch border I put in for trimming or should it be 4 3\4 inch from the bottom since it now has the 1\2 border) I assume you are using 1 1\8 inch holes correct (that is the size I made them all including the joystick holes).

The very bottom holes need to be 7/8 inches from the bottom of the CP, so from the bottom of the artwork.
Does that include the 1\2 inch trim or should it be 1 1\8 due to the added 1\2 inch ?

The middle buttons (B) need to be 4 1/4 inches from the bottom. (Obviously the other buttons would curve respectively)
Again does that include the extra 1\2 inch border or should it be 4 3\4 and is the measurement to the center or bottom of the button

The "Left Player Start" and "Exit: need to be 3" inside, so away from the edge. So all the buttons should be 4 1/2" apart from one another.
Same as above 3" or 3 1\2" and to the edge or center of the button ?

If you want to PM me the details of what you want I'll adjust it and include an E-mail address and I'll send a .png copy so it will not have any compression artifacts that the JPG compression usually adds.

SO I take it the CP already has the holes cut then ? ( If so I Could make it without the white circles for the holes and just center up the text and black background WITH A B C D for the holes based on the measurements you send (that way the curve of the buttons doesn't have to be exact and you don't wind up with a bit of white background if they are off a small amount.) Figure that way you could cut them after placing on top of the CP.

I attached an example of what I mean with just the background and one with the background and button placement but no white button outlines for example ( I have it set up so those and the button holes are each on separate layers so moving them around is easy in Photoshop )
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:35:44 pm by JDFan »

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »
OK got the PM and will be sending the adjusted files by E-mail (will probably be links to a dropbox file since the E-mail attachment file size is pretty small and the file is around 10 -11 MB in PNG format) Here is a screenshot of the Panel with Ruler Lines showing the relevant measurements as noted in your PM. I think I got them all placed the way you wanted but if you see any adjustments needed let me know.