Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Switch between Combined and Separate pedals in Windows on the fly?  (Read 1345 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
Problem: Some driving games & Demul emulator require the pedals to be marked combined in Windows game controller config, while others require they be marked as separate axis.

Logitech profiler changes this on the fly, so it's not an issue for those with Logitech wheels.
I plan to switch over to a USB Immersion arcade PCB as an interface, so I'll no longer have Logitech profiler to fix everything on the fly.
The one big sticking point is needing to switch combined/separate pedals on the fly.

Do any of you software guys have any information that would be useful in doing this?

I'm thinking that if I knew where the info was stored in windows or the registry, I could have an autohotkey script swap in correct value before the game is launched.

nugarp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2024, 12:03:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Switch between Combined and Separate pedals in Windows on the fly?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 04:14:17 am »
Sorry to resurrect. I'm adding a wheel and pedals to my cab - did you ever find a solution for this? I'm going to be using a fanatec wheel (GT2 911), but I'm hoping instructions (or at least inspiration) may be similar.

[Edit] I ran process monitor on the config and found that I just needed to set:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Fanatec Endor AG\FanatecWheel\{55EE75C1-F543-490B-A3E9-65CA04BA03C7}\5]
"CombinedPedals"=dword:00000001

or alternatively, 00000000.

YMMV to anyone else with a Fanatec as that might be a device id, but I'm too lazy to check.

My pedals aren't coming in for a bit but I'll reply back if I get it working.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:36:05 am by nugarp »
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
Re: Switch between Combined and Separate pedals in Windows on the fly?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:51:57 am »
Sorry to resurrect. I'm adding a wheel and pedals to my cab - did you ever find a solution for this? I'm going to be using a fanatec wheel (GT2 911), but I'm hoping instructions (or at least inspiration) may be similar.

[Edit] I ran process monitor on the config and found that I just needed to set:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Fanatec Endor AG\FanatecWheel\{55EE75C1-F543-490B-A3E9-65CA04BA03C7}\5]
"CombinedPedals"=dword:00000001

or alternatively, 00000000.

YMMV to anyone else with a Fanatec as that might be a device id, but I'm too lazy to check.

My pedals aren't coming in for a bit but I'll reply back if I get it working.

Did not fine the solution and ended up selling the immersion pcb, but the registry entry you found looks to be the ticket!