Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: fooling with m2emu network  (Read 31823 times)

AMG KC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:20:59 am
Re: fooling with m2emu network
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2019, 02:15:55 am »
Ah so you feed the car data into memory directly. Pretty neat idea. Keep it up :)
Hi :) I have a few questions to add.

Im a bit muddled on what the status of Indy 500 multiplayer is, will it run well now and be completely playable?

What is the best way to run it with 3-5 players?

How do i run that lua file you made for it?

Do you find XP x64 runs better for this or other Windows versions?

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2019, 11:28:27 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2019, 10:53:18 am »
Ah so you feed the car data into memory directly. Pretty neat idea. Keep it up :)

Im a bit muddled on what the status of Indy 500 multiplayer is, will it run well now and be completely playable?

Running Indy 500 multiplayer (or any model 2 game) would most likely require that m2lagfix. Speak of m2lagfix, I would like to know the current progress on that (or a new version of m2emu updated for later operating systems). Sadly, the only way to run these Model 2B or 2C games is to exit test mode at the same time. Very finicky network coding atm.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:02:55 am
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2019, 12:13:13 pm »
In the past I've been able to get a 2 Player with the 'regular' Model 2 Emulator network function working - it's just highly temperamental. I don't know if the thing about both systems having to exit the test mode at the same time is true or not, I think it's just if there's any lag between the two it causes an instant network failure.

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2019, 10:35:26 pm
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2019, 04:22:26 pm »

Running Indy 500 multiplayer (or any model 2 game) would most likely require that m2lagfix. Speak of m2lagfix, I would like to know the current progress on that (or a new version of m2emu updated for later operating systems). Sadly, the only way to run these Model 2B or 2C games is to exit test mode at the same time. Very finicky network coding atm.

you have all the reason that it will have to be "automated" but also I am more than sure that we are advanced in question of "nowadays we can do it" many years passed and it is time to work on it.
I'm ready for whatever

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:27:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2019, 03:52:07 pm »
Theres a lua fix to indy 500 that Sailorsat made

I've got it somewhere so I'll try post it

At least 4 players works fine now with it

AMG KC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2019, 01:58:24 am »

Yeah mate i found that worked too, i dont know if im using m2lagfix or not, no idea how to tell if it is working or if the emulators are still just talking direct and ignoring the lagfax file.

Be nice if we could get it all to run as smooth and synced as Sega Racing Classic does!

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2019, 04:46:04 am
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2019, 04:46:04 am »

That'd be appreciated, if you could, please Boomslang.... I'm slowly collecting hardware to put a 4 Player system together in the future... and Indy 500 is one of the main Model 2 games I'd like to run on it (Don't want to know how much $$$ I pumped into that machine in the arcade back in the day).

But... until then... just reading and learning... and collecting stuff to try out when I get time... and a new garage to set it up in :lol

Thanks again to all of you who put all this effort into making these old classics more manageable on what we have access to today, Cheers.. :cheers:

AMG KC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2019, 05:39:05 am »
Itd be good if someone could take the network system from Sega Racing Classic and implement that into Model 2 emulator, it works beautifully with no jolting cars or lag at all, even when 1 machine is running at 60Hz and another is 75Hz, which ive noticed caused issues with M2 Emulator networking.