Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Android Newbie-Front end? Info on Gaming with android please  (Read 2121 times)

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
Android Newbie-Front end? Info on Gaming with android please
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »
Hey Guys,
I bought my son a cheap 7' tablet and for fun one night I tried some console games on it and mame. It worked well.  I see they sell Android TV consoles, which you can connect to a tv load a wireless pad and play emulators off it.  I am wondering if there was a way to have a front end of sorts on the android? I have not had any luck locating such a beast. I have seen that you can run windows on android etc, however wondered if anyone was working on a front end for android?

Thanks
jIm
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:23:10 pm by Demon-Seed »
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Re: Android Newbie-Front end? Info on Gaming with android please
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 05:21:02 pm »
Retroarch appears to be the only one however it is uses its own built in emulators.  It seems to have good to meh performance depending on the emulator though.  Not sure how viable this is but it might be worth trying to modify the apk to use preferred versions assuming it isn't dependent on certain files.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:26:38 pm »
Hey
I did
Try that retro arch and it wasn't all that good. I also noticed you can run windows on a tablet wonder if that would work?
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

sharpfork

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:51 pm »
I don't know of a front end for emus on android other than the clunky on in retroarch.  I expect one will come at some point.