Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PC spec Sound Off! Making processor chart.  (Read 30323 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 08:21:52 pm
PC spec Sound Off! Making processor chart.
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:47:25 am »
EDIT: Here is the first draft of what I would like to accomplish.  If a lot of comparable processors fall into the same range, I may substitute a number for the processor model and then list multiple processors under the same number.  I'll probably have Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.  :lol
WIP - use at your own risk.  Processor lines as well as color lines will be moved as more people chime in.
THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST DRAFT

To help those who want to know what the required specs are to run the games they are interested in, I thought I'd make a chart. 
Sorry I don't have a sample made up, but I'm at work and I don't want to waste time making a crappy version in MS paint.

On the left side will be select games/emulators listed from least demanding, to most demanding. 
Next to them will be a bar that turns from red to yellow, to green.  The more demanding will not turn to green until farther right.
Along the bottom, left to right, will be processors, slowest to fastest, with vertical lines drawn where they fall in relation to being able to run the games.

I don't want to list too many games.  I'm guessing if someone wants to run pole position on an ancient PC, they'd probably use an old build of MAME anyway.

outrun
m2emulator (daytona usa, sega rally, etc)
cruis'n usa/world
california speed
supermodel emulator (daytona 2, scud race, etc)
san francisco rush
ridge racer (in MAME)

I'd like input from people with other processors, especially intels.

Please list your processor, OS, Video Card and the most demanding game/emulator on this list that it runs 100%.  Feel free to add comments that might help place them appropriately.

I know lots of other things factor into it, but this will help give people an idea.
I'll put some info about video cards, OS's, and disabling services in Windows in the same post.

Example:

3.4Ghz AMD Athlon X3, XP64, Nvidia 8600GT
just barely plays California Speed 100% after MUCH tweaking to the PC. 
Plays Supermodel Emulator.  Plays SF Rush at 90-100%.

I'd place this processor aligned with the yellow section of those games, as a 64 bit OS and a lot of tweaking was needed. 
Someone should not have expectations that a PC with this processor would run those games perfectly out of the box,
especially with antivirus and a bunch of other windows background processes going.
If they are up for tweaking, they may get away with using it though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:52:56 pm by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:19:48 am
Re: PC spec Sound Off!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »
Using MAMe64.EXE (from mamedev - no custom builds)

Windows 7 64 bit (Main PC)
Intel Core i5 - 3.4 ghz (3570k I think?)
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB

I can play the Model 2 and Model 3 emulators fine.

Ridge Racer - ridgerac - Average speed: 100.00% (214 seconds)
San Francisco Rush - sfrush - Average speed: 100.00% (214 seconds)
California Speed - calspeed - Average speed: 99.79% (100 seconds)

Dirt 3 and NFS Shift 2 play perfect. (PC Games)

Windows 8 64 Bit (Driving Cabinet - to be upgraded)
Intel Core2Duo 3.0 ghz (E8500?)
4GB RAM
NVIDIA 8800 GT 256mb

Daytona (Model2) - Plays fine.
Scud Race (Model 3) - Felt a tiny bit sluggish - but totally playable.  With a faster video card it would probably be fine.
Cruisin World - Plays at 100% just about everywhere except The China Great Wall level - drops down 60% occasionally there.
Ridge Racer (MAME) - Sound skips, although it is playable.
California Speed (MAME) - Sound skips, totally playable
San Francisco Rush (MAME) - Don't bother.  Sound skips.  Emulation slow.
Dirt 3 and NFS Shift 2 both have be turned down pretty low to play.

Windows 7 64 bit (MAME Cabinet)
Intel Core2Duo 2.8ghz (E7400)
4GB RAM
NVIDIA 8500 GT

Anything with advanced graphics suffers. 
Ridge Racer (MAME) - Sound skips, emulation feels slow, although it is playable.
California Speed (MAME) - Sound skips, emulation is slow, input lag makes game unplayable.
Cruisin World (MAME)- Plays about 95% perfect I'd guess.  Couple of sound skips - not sure if they were processor or emulation related.

I'm not going to even bother installing Dirt 3 or NFS Shift 2 on this system, as I'm sure they won't play very good.

I will keep updating this post as I test more on each system.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:17:31 pm by Fursphere »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re: PC spec Sound Off! Making processor chart.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:56:55 am »
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Intel Core i7 950 OC'ed @ 4.0Ghz
Nvidia Geforce EVGA FTW GTX 680 4GB
6GB DDR3 Ram
2TB HDD
ECCI 7000 FFB Wheel
CST Pedals
TH8RS 8-way gated stick shifter

Haven't tried SF Rush yet but all other games/emu listed in the OP run full speed basically at all times.

Small Exceptions:

Ridge Racer/Rave Racer has some slight sound skipping here and there.

In Scud Race, there is one part of the track in the Advance "Incan" Course that drops frames to about 48 and then come back up to a solid 60fps. Daytona 2 is flawless btw.

F-Zero GX, which should also be on that list, runs at 60fps most of the time, expect for some spots on a few courses. But make no mistake....it is by far the most demanding arcade racing game to run if you want 100% smooth rock solid 60fps all the time with max internal resolution.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:56:39 pm »
F-Zero GX, which should also be on that list, runs at 60fps most of the time, expect for some spots on a few courses. But make no mistake....it is by far the most demanding arcade racing game to run if you want 100% smooth rock solid 60fps all the time with max internal resolution.

You mean the emulated GameCube version right (via Dolphin)?  (besides the internal hack to see the Arcade game within the GameCube version, I don't know of the arcade version being "available" any other way)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:53 pm »
Also as I've mentioned it is extremely unstable.  The desert stage, for example won't run 100% on nearly any machine.  On lesser machines that particular stage will slow the game to a crawl. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:25:00 pm »
I think this is a good idea btw, but I think you might want to be a bit more exacting on your test requirements. 

"does it run" is subjective.  On the other hand running it in mame with frameskipping turned off, and throttling turned on and playing a lap should give you the average framerate in the command prompt when done, which is not. 

Typically 85-100% is playable, anything under 85 may result in mild audio skipping ect... The game running at under 70% is usually unplayable. 

Also auto frameskipping in mame typically leads to audio issues if you need it, but if you manually set the frameskip value you can usually fix it. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:26 pm »
Also there are lots of oddball tweaks you can do in mame that will dramatically increase performance... they may not be what you think either. 

Example:

I just tried Ridge Racer in MAME.  I was getting audio issues even with frameskipping, and various other slowness issues.  (MAME reported 83.5% average) So I did the standard tweak that works for a lot of multi-processor games.  In the slider menu I overclocked the main cpu to 110%.  Now the game runs a dramatically better 95.63% with NO audio skipping and only the occasional frame skipping. 

So a list of how to get these games to work well might also be needed.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »
If you want to get serious about it we need to establish acceptable testing parameters.

Length of test.  Avg FPS vs Highs and lows?    Rom revision?  Resolution?  Monitor refresh rate, since its probably not what the original arcade machine was?

I'm all for it.  Just tell me how you want the testing done and I'll spreadsheet it out. :)

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »
  In the slider menu I overclocked the main cpu to 110%.  Now the game runs a dramatically better 95.63% with NO audio skipping and only the occasional frame skipping. 

Wow I was unaware of this. Thanks for the tip man I'll try this out  :applaud:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 09:14:07 am »
I don't want to ask too much of people for fear of not getting as broad of a spectrum of processors.

I'll get into all the tweaks, as well as video cards in comments outside of the chart.  I didn't know about the overclocking either.
I'd seen the option and maybe even played with it, but never thought about it when trying to get games that were on the verge of playable over the hump.

For now, I'm happy with "this game is playable, but the sound skips sometimes".  That gets thrown in the yellow area, as to say "it might work satisfactory for you, it might not"

Mentioning the % displayed my MAME is definitely better.  Is it F10 or F11 that displays that?  (stuck at work without MAME for the next umpteen hours)

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 09:18:00 am »
F11 displays %

F9 and F10 seem to set the "skip" factor - "Auto" being the default.   

I don't see any way to dump the info to a log file - just have to take mental notes while playing I guess?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 09:40:11 am »
Generic Eric sent me this link to a benchmarking batch file:
http://dosmame.mameworld.info/Special_Blog?id=21

I'm stuck at work and don't have the time, but if someone wants to modify it to test the above games in MAME, great.
If people use it and post their results, I'll use them.

I'll still take "this game runs full speed IMO, but the sound skips occasionally" and post those results too.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:30 am »
edit - this wasn't useful information
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:10:56 pm by Fursphere »

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:46 am »
I just want to point out that the built in benchmark in mame isn't a true representation of how the game will play. Some may benchmark at say 200% or 300% and yet during actual game play only sit around 90%. Not to say it isn't a good comparison between processors just that people buying processors need to be aware that a game that benchmarks above 100% may not be playable or have lots of stuttering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 10:13:03 am »
I just want to point out that the built in benchmark in mame isn't a true representation of how the game will play. Some may benchmark at say 200% or 300% and yet during actual game play only sit around 90%. Not to say it isn't a good comparison between processors just that people buying processors need to be aware that a game that benchmarks above 100% may not be playable or have lots of stuttering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Agreed.  You'll have to take the raw benchmark number to stack up the systems, then put a human interpretation on each result that says "playable, skips, horrible...  whatever"

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 10:36:09 am »
.....and we're back to "this game runs full speed IMO, but the sound skips occasionally" as being the standard upon this chart should be made.  :lol

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 10:57:35 am »
There is something to be read into these numbers.  I'll admit, I am still trying to figure out what I am reading, but from at least one site, I there is an extra step missing that might numbers seem more realistic. 
For example:
NOTE! New MAME builds report benchmarks in a percentage, and not frames per second. When submitting benchmarks, please work out the framerate and submit that instead. For instance, if you benchmark sf2 (60FPS according to MAWS) and it reports "205%", then your framerate is 60*2.05=123FPS.

Here is a link to a site that explains some of the benchmarking commands. 
http://benchmark.mameworld.info/howto.html

What I don't know, is if between the 2 sites that I have shared links to, if the percentage is the same number (I'm not certain)  Also, 100 seconds at the fastest frame rate seems less than useful.  It would be good to know the range of variables in each of the commands.

I have sent an email to the contact link at both of those pages to see if they can provide me with some insight.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:19 am »
The FPS calculation makes sense except for MAME telling me San Francisco Rush is running at 1100%.  The game runs good and smooth, but that number seems a little off, especially considering how bad the game fails on my two lesser systems.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 05:27:50 pm »
Well when you turn throttling off the sound is going to be bunked... afterall, everything is running too fast.  Then you run the test again with throttling back on.  I would be quite surprised if a game ran well over 100% and had stuttering issues unless said issues had something to do with poor emulation (which is irrelevant to our tests). 

Again, because the percentage is a average of your total gameplay time, you'll have to play at least an entire lap to get a good idea of performance.  Also no setting around in the game menus forever ect... as they typically run full speed and will throw your values off.  You need to be hitting start and inserting coins as soon as the game boots. 

Also I don't think that the actual values above 100% are important.  The thing about mame is if it runs at full speed on your system it will generally run at a ridiculously high speed if you turn throttling off.  So one game reporting 200% runs just as well as another reporting %1100 because both are over 100%.  Its when the games report LESS than 100% that we need to make note of it. 

Just making suggestions though, I'm not the captain of this boat... just trying to help. 

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 06:05:39 pm »
Ok, I must have had a dense moment.  I didn't realize that when you run MAME from the command line (without any options other than ROM name) it'll give you average speed when you exit the game.

So I just did a complete race in Ridge Racer and got:

D:\HyperSpin\Emulators\MAME>mame64 ridgerac
Average speed: 100.00% (214 seconds)

(that was on my i5)

This is actually playing the game, not watching the attract screen.  I'll redo all my previous results - and update my original post (2nd post in the thread I think)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:13:47 pm by Fursphere »

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »
Mame64 0.140 hiscore and no nag
C:\Games\arcade\mame64>mame64 ridgerac
Average speed: 62.54% (154 seconds)

About my laptop
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Pentium CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
MB Brand : Acer
MB Model : Aspire 5742Z-468s

On my second computer
Mame64 0.143
C:\mame 143>mame64 ridgerac
Average speed: 39.48% (194 seconds)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (Build 7600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
Freq : 2511.21 MHz (200.91 * 12.5)
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
RAM : 4096 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

I'll update more later.
How much of that info is useful to anyone else?  I found it using cpu-z.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:53:53 pm by Generic Eric »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:01 am »
I hate to complicate things even more, but I found out something odd about the recent versions of mame that may skew things a little. 

If you turn on auto frame skip in your mame.ini or add this flag to the command line, auto frame skip works pretty well, without any audio skipping issues.  If, on the other hand, you start the game with it off and then change it in game, it appears to function much worse.  Why I don't know, but I thought I would mention it.  Ridge Racer had some serious audio issues for me but when I set afs in the ini they went away. 

Hehe, I actually have time to play today. 

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 09:09:16 am »
I hate to complicate things even more, but I found out something odd about the recent versions of mame that may skew things a little. 

If you turn on auto frame skip in your mame.ini or add this flag to the command line, auto frame skip works pretty well, without any audio skipping issues.  If, on the other hand, you start the game with it off and then change it in game, it appears to function much worse.  Why I don't know, but I thought I would mention it.  Ridge Racer had some serious audio issues for me but when I set afs in the ini they went away. 

Hehe, I actually have time to play today.

I also came across a post somewhere that said some games have an option in the service menu to turn off interlacing, which results in faster emulation.
NFL Blitz was one of them.  I think I checked ridge racer and there was no such option.

If you got the juice to run Ridge Racer, check out Ace Driver and the 3D Gaelco games from the same time period.
They all require around the same amount of horsepower.  None are emulated perfectly yet.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 09:54:10 am »
Man, Ace Driver has got the same flickering problem as the one in the contest.  I think I've went blind! 

It ran pretty well though, for what it's worth. 

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2021, 10:10:33 am
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 10:53:37 am »
Good timing.

Win X64
3.4 Core i7 Ivy Bridge with top end Motherboard
4GB RAM

Only spec that plays Ridge racer to same level as aracde. Tested with Arcade machine next to PC.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 12:58:49 pm »
Interesting. I'll check out AD next week or two when I'm with Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Resident Evil 6.

Check out the differences in car drifting between RR1 and Rave.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:31 pm »
Good timing.

Win X64
3.4 Core i7 Ivy Bridge with top end Motherboard
4GB RAM

Only spec that plays Ridge racer to same level as aracde. Tested with Arcade machine next to PC.

vitiviti....how is the center spring tension of RR on the real arcade cabinet? Is it strong or somewhat light and flimsy feeling? Just curious.

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »
Light and gets stronger. feels springy!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:00 am »
Light and gets stronger. feels springy!

cool thanks. Sounds like I'm duplicating the feeling quite closely with the way I have the center spring effect applied to my ffb wheel.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 11:28:27 pm »
I've been playing NFS Hot Pursuit on my cab.  On the Core2Duo / 8800gt i had to lower the settings down pretty low.  To the point where it was hard to play.

So I swapped the video card tonight with GTX 460.  The game looks fantastic now and is much more playable, but it stutters a little still.  So I think I'm going to go the extra mile and just migrate my entire Core i5 rig to the driving cabinet, since the video card alone won't do it all.

That will allow me to play the PS2 emulator games better too.  :)

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 05:13:28 pm »
Ridge racer all ok on:

3.4 i5 4GB Triple buffering, Force sync

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »
Ridge racer all ok on:

3.4 i5 4GB Triple buffering, Force sync

That's good to hear Viviti :)

Tell us what you think of the emulated version vs the actual arcade machine. Anything missing?

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »
As you know I run them side by side, and the emulation is perfect in sound speed and accuracy with the occasional glitch but not worth mentioning ( and I do mean occasional like 0.01% of the time) and then its only a polygon missing or something.

All in all I consider it to be 100% perfect.

retrorepair

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 04:49:58 pm
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 01:11:19 pm »
*waves goodbye to vivanonno*  :)

Yep can confirm on my i5 2500k it runs perfectly. RR2 also (including those awesome lighting effects). Rave Racer is very close to 100% speed also, only drops the occasional frame with the CPU running at 4.2ghz. I'm running XP64 shelled to hyperspin btw.

You can probably add GTI Club to the bottom of that list, runs well on my system but still skips a bit. (FYI the emulation was greatly improved recently thanks to Ville, think only the network board needs emulating properly now for those replays to work as they should).

My arcade racing setup:
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRepair
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/retrorepair

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 03:23:32 pm »

Yep can confirm on my i5 2500k it runs perfectly. RR2 also (including those awesome lighting effects). Rave Racer is very close to 100% speed also, only drops the occasional frame with the CPU running at 4.2ghz. I'm running XP64 shelled to hyperspin btw.

You can probably add GTI Club to the bottom of that list, runs well on my system but still skips a bit. (FYI the emulation was greatly improved recently thanks to Ville, think only the network board needs emulating properly now for those replays to work as they should).

nice! Last time I tried GTI Club I couldn't get past the calibration screen and it got so confusing trying to set it up with my wheel I just quit. Need to try it again though.

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »
Hi Joel. Bristolmartin here.

Windows 7 x64 makes a big difference and my i5 3.2 runs race racer perfectly.

retrorepair

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 04:49:58 pm
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 10:19:15 am »

nice! Last time I tried GTI Club I couldn't get past the calibration screen and it got so confusing trying to set it up with my wheel I just quit. Need to try it again though.

The wheel calibration won't work until FFB is added since it calibrates itself using this. Just make sure when you load the rom you press all your pedals in etc and when calibration fails just press the test button to skip it, the wheel should work fine as long as it's centered while it's trying to calibrate.

Hi Joel. Bristolmartin here.

Windows 7 x64 makes a big difference and my i5 3.2 runs race racer perfectly.

Hey Martin :) I can't use windows 7 for my setups since I'm using calamity's crt emu driver for 15/24khz so I'm stuck with XP64, pretty sure this is why I have problems with M2emu also. I had a feeling win7 would be faster though.
My arcade racing setup:
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRepair
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/retrorepair

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »
That's a shame. I'm actually going to try and clock down the i5 to 2.8 and if that works I'll order an i3 and see if I can get away with that. With the amount of Mame conversions I'm doing, all the hard ware will get used this year for sure.

Really looking forward to doing the T2 Cab and plugging in a few games. But the one Im most looking forward too is my Ivan 4X4 to mame - Super sprinthere I come!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
The wheel calibration won't work until FFB is added since it calibrates itself using this. Just make sure when you load the rom you press all your pedals in etc and when calibration fails just press the test button to skip it, the wheel should work fine as long as it's centered while it's trying to calibrate

OK i"ll try that thanks.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:37 pm »
Added some of the processors mentioned based upon comments about how they performed on the games listed.
Not real sure about the accuracy of the placement, but it will still give people a general idea.  :-\
I'm a bit confused at the processors more powerful than my own having trouble with California Speed.
It also sounds like there is less of a gap between SF Rush and Ridge Racer than I experience.
Maybe it's because I'm running v.137 (IIRC).