Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: You Local Arcade - What Was The Name?  (Read 9962 times)

Tailgunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2009, 01:21:16 pm
Re:You Local Arcade - What Was The Name?
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2003, 11:32:04 pm »
Qix is a raster game, it'll be on the dynamo cab you've seen in project announcements as that one will be my vertical arcade monitor cab. Star castle will be on my horizontal PC monitor cab that'll cover the rest of the vector games. There are only two vertical orientation vector games I'm aware of, it just so happens they also use the same controls so it seems appropriate to make a cab for them.

Much like Paige I'd rather have several cabs than one big one, I've got seven at present and will be looking for more this weekend at the Winston-Salem auction.

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2003, 11:39:37 pm »
local arcade names we used to have here:

Arcade City
Red Baron
Old Towne
Trigger Palace

RetroJames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2021, 05:26:38 pm
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2003, 11:57:48 pm »
Qix is a raster game, it'll be on the dynamo cab you've seen in project announcements as that one will be my vertical arcade monitor cab. Star castle will be on my horizontal PC monitor cab that'll cover the rest of the vector games. There are only two vertical orientation vector games I'm aware of, it just so happens they also use the same controls so it seems appropriate to make a cab for them.

Much like Paige I'd rather have several cabs than one big one, I've got seven at present and will be looking for more this weekend at the Winston-Salem auction.

So many computers though.  I know you dont really need much for tempest and tac scan, but still that is several of everything if you are talking several cabs.  What the heck, you only live once!  Sounds cool can't wait to see the finished product.  What is the vector cab going to be?  Tempest retro?  TacScan had a pretty lame cab.

Tailgunner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2009, 01:21:16 pm
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2003, 12:32:02 am »
Heh, I'm a packrat. I've got about a dozen old computers I'm using up on these cabs. Dunno what the actual cab will be yet, it depends on what I find at the auction.  

spidermonkey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 04:15:59 am
  • Bombjack junkie
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2003, 01:11:22 am »
1  Leisure Land   Ceder Knolls New Jersey
2 Video 24         Madison N.J
3 Barnacle Bills   Ortley Beach N.J.
4 Showbiz Pizza   North Plainfield  N.J.
5 Time out      Rockaway Twp.  N.J.
6 Lucky Leo's   Seaside Heights N.J.
7 Bowcraft Amusements   Scotch Plains  N.J.
8 Carousel Arcade   Seaside Heights  N.J.
Number 3-6 and 8 are still alive and kicken. The rest have been shut down,torn down or replaced with a friggin Starbucks. >:( Video 24 was one of Starbucks victim's. :(  On the other hand the Carousel arcade still has like 20 to 30 classics and I still pay a visit every August. ;D
"Sinistar has bad breath"

Edgedamage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 12:21:23 am
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2003, 10:50:05 pm »
Toronto area

The little Biju club Bayview village mall You needed a membership card to play the games.
All seasons amusements Sheppard Centre mall
The Deli at young and sheppard
Arnolds just north of the deli
Bowlrama
Studio 81
And  not to forget the standard Defender in every corner store.
And the standard miss pac cocktail in every donught shop and little greasy spoon resturant.
And the almost two per block arcades on the downtown strip.
Curls in the squat rack !?!?!

zero-one

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2003, 10:30:04 pm
  • Still learning...
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2003, 10:18:40 am »
Toronto also...

All I remember is taking the subway to Young & Dundas and walking north on Young and hitting one of the many arcades. Can't remember a single name. Last spring, I was surprised to see that one still existed and that in the back they had a dozen classic games.

I also remember going to the CN Tower to play in the huge arcade they had in the basement. It had a distinctive name that I can't remember.

I started university at Waterloo in '82 and played mostly Galaga in a games room just above the students pub called the Bomb Shelter.