Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539718 times)

Spitfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1720 on: December 03, 2015, 05:10:45 am »
Gvd yes it would be awesome to view each other's game but I'm not talking about Skype or cameras etc. I'm talking about actually playing on you machine controls against someone else but not only do you see the shot on your machine but the player you are playing against sees your shot on his machine as if they were right there with you taking the shot. Like all multiplayer games these days. Then we could use Skype or FaceTime just to chat while playing. That's what I'm talking about.
Boost any chance of this ever being able to happen??

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1721 on: December 03, 2015, 05:50:40 am »
Finally got to play some golf after a hard work week and found this baby to go top of the leader board. Me likey!!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1722 on: December 03, 2015, 06:33:15 am »
Gvd yes it would be awesome to view each other's game but I'm not talking about Skype or cameras etc. I'm talking about actually playing on you machine controls against someone else but not only do you see the shot on your machine but the player you are playing against sees your shot on his machine as if they were right there with you taking the shot. Like all multiplayer games these days. Then we could use Skype or FaceTime just to chat while playing. That's what I'm talking about.
Boost any chance of this ever being able to happen??

Hi Spit

I understand. I was thinking Skype or something like Facetime can be a work around.

Maybe boost have something up his sleeve.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1723 on: December 03, 2015, 07:17:38 am »
Yes it would be a good work around. STP was talking about this way back at the start of this thread but it never got off the ground as we were waiting for ed to produce but all he delivered was doughnuts  :laugh2:
Yes if it is possible boost is the only man that will deliver it. But for now let's set up a FaceTime or Skype call and play a round mate pm your details.

Also had a very productive round Gerhard and reclaimed the getable scores on 3 courses to hit the top of the leaderboard. It was the jd n Coke that did all the work. Ha ha ha :cheers: will have a crack at those courses where you have 2 or 3 and even 6 shots on me for another time. Will buy a bottle of Jack for that as I think it will be a long night!!  :dizzy:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:33:14 am by Spitfire »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1724 on: December 03, 2015, 10:17:19 am »
Sorry for the extremely short response but I'm getting the little one ready for daycare.  I will respond to all questions when i get to work, but it seems everyone is excited to know if live play between 2-4 people is a possibility.  The answer.......is yes :-)    It is something i thought of about a year ago when i picked up my cab.  It is 100% doable and i have two solutions but havent prototyped them yet.  It really comes down to if i can piggy back on existing computer or if i need everyone to buy a 80 dollar fpga board with my RTL on it.

Spit, you know im serious and this WILL become a reality when i say these words........It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.  Oh, as a teaser, my solution uses a webcam and injects a video of your opponent onto the game screen so you can see them along with talk to them as you play.  Up to 4 people :-)

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1725 on: December 03, 2015, 11:13:23 am »
Boost

This is getting better and better and better!!!!!!!!! :D

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1726 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »
To answer Spit's question yes, you can have multiple tournaments at the same time.  The tournament designation was different.  I remember seeing single day tournaments at the same time a monthly was going on.  Again I ask.....really?  We only run a week tourney hahahahah.  I'm starting to spoil you guys hahahahah.
We have been spoiled, not only by what you have done to bring a game back to life, but also bring a group of golf crazy guys together. This is becoming a great community and a lot of fun.

Is it possible to make an Excel spread sheet to set up course conditions and round settings? I am not good with marcros, but would it be possible to randomize course settings. My jaw dropped seeing how much you did to get the beta tournament running. Even more impressed how you consider it as not much of a big deal to keep doing it. That's a lot of work and a big deal in my book.

I look forward to Joe's first tournament ;)  Unless he makes me try first.

Hello

Allot has happen over night.(For me that is)

In excel the formula =randbetween(1;24) would randomize between 1 and 24. Have a look at the attached excel spreadsheet(in the zip file). I did the first line and copied that a 1079 times. Double click on any blank cell to randomize.

@Spit It would be awesome to have match play rounds and see what the other one is doing. One could setup a camera and stream it. Something like Skype would do the trick. We could have a conversation and a beer while we doing it.  :D

Hello Gerhard.

Really liked the randomizer spreadsheet.

I played around with it a little mostly to format it so I knew when days began and ended. I also added a new sheet with the 2016 PGA Tour dates in case anyone wanted to set up tournaments representing an actual event.

Give it a look if you like. It is attached as a zip file.

I have made an additional Excel file that includes additional sheets for the Team Challenge Courses and a current list of online players.  I have attached it here as PGA Tournament Conditions Randomizer Expanded.zip

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:12:22 pm by TimBoch »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1727 on: December 03, 2015, 03:11:51 pm »
Sorry for the extremely short response but I'm getting the little one ready for daycare.  I will respond to all questions when i get to work, but it seems everyone is excited to know if live play between 2-4 people is a possibility.  The answer.......is yes :-)    It is something i thought of about a year ago when i picked up my cab.  It is 100% doable and i have two solutions but havent prototyped them yet.  It really comes down to if i can piggy back on existing computer or if i need everyone to buy a 80 dollar fpga board with my RTL on it.

Spit, you know im serious and this WILL become a reality when i say these words........It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.  Oh, as a teaser, my solution uses a webcam and injects a video of your opponent onto the game screen so you can see them along with talk to them as you play.  Up to 4 people :-)
Boost that's awesome mate!!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1728 on: December 04, 2015, 05:18:57 pm »
One of my best games. 2 Hole in ones on the front 9 and 70 000 GSP. 100 000 GSP in 13 holes.
And I missed 2 puts  :banghead:

Sorry Joe. I just took St Andrews back.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1729 on: December 04, 2015, 05:23:17 pm »
Now I feel even less worthy. You're shooting these scary low scores and doing it from the wrong side of the ball too? 

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1730 on: December 04, 2015, 10:02:01 pm »
WTF??? 2 holes in one!!! Ha ha ha that's outrageous. Imagine the tvs you could have picked up back in the day with all those points! :laugh2:

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1731 on: December 05, 2015, 01:14:13 am »
WTF??? 2 holes in one!!! Ha ha ha that's outrageous. Imagine the tvs you could have picked up back in the day with all those points! :laugh2:

This does not happen allot. It was a crazy game. Everything just worked.   :dizzy:

Tim when boost have the game setup so we can see what each other is doing you will learn allot. That is how I learned. There are a couple of really good players in SA. The guy that came second in the world champs lives not to far from me. When you leave the game to idle. After awhile you will see footage of two guys shaking hands. That is footage from the world champs. The one on the right is the guy who lives close to me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:21:59 am by gvdvyver »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1732 on: December 07, 2015, 03:10:12 pm »
Hey sorry for the extra amount of radio silence on my side.  Had a few extra honey do's I had to take care of.   Tim sent me an awesome csv (Thanks!) and I would like the next tournament to be his.  I need to add the feature to read in csv files to the tournament tool.  Need a day to get that working.  Then the next tournament will be up.  After this works I hope Tim sends more for say the next month or two worth of tournaments.  I can load them all up and there will be no delay.

Also it's cool that if the tournaments follow the real tour there is a "promo" date in the DB.  This means after a tournament ends if there are a few days of nothing the game will put up a promo letting you know when the next tournament will begin.  So I think we can streamline this tourney stuff. 

Again thanks to Tim for putting the time in to actually craft the weather so it feels real.

Torin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2021, 11:57:56 am
« Reply #1733 on: December 07, 2015, 03:26:37 pm »
Sounds good Boost!

Question:  Does the tournament LED betabrite board display anything from the tournaments or WP?  Just wondering what the sign displays since I don't currently have one.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1734 on: December 07, 2015, 03:28:13 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Boost. Gerhard deserves the credit for making the easy to use randomizer tool. I just played around with it and added some things. Hopefully others will find the Excel file useful and also give setting up tournaments a go. Without all you have done, we wouldn't have even the option of playing online. So thank you.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1735 on: December 07, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »
Sounds good Boost!

Question:  Does the tournament LED betabrite board display anything from the tournaments or WP?  Just wondering what the sign displays since I don't currently have one.
My board didn't show anything when I got it. I think this was due to it being a Challenge machine. When I installed the Team Challenge, I was shocked when I saw it light up. It now shows all sorts of information about the current round and many other things.

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1736 on: December 07, 2015, 03:44:06 pm »
Sounds good Boost!

My board didn't show anything when I got it. I think this was due to it being a Challenge machine. When I installed the Team Challenge, I was shocked when I saw it light up. It now shows all sorts of information about the current round and many other things.

That's awesome.  It would be great if it showed tournament and World Play stats.  Do you or anyone know if it does?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1737 on: December 07, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »
Sounds good Boost!

That's awesome.  It would be great if it showed tournament and World Play stats.  Do you or anyone know if it does?
It displays all sorts of player stats during any game Played whether it be a tournament or world tour or normal play. I think it would be Abe to display what ever you want it to display as long as the info is pushed to it.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:36:40 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #1738 on: December 08, 2015, 12:27:41 pm »
i have a betabrite that i had hooked up at one time to the computer that pulled RSS feeds and displayed them on the sign.

the software can pull any manner of data and display it...so i suppose you could have it do other things too as well. just a matter of formatting the data stream properly.

http://www.remote-control.net/software/ledsign/

is where i got the software from. there are 3 or 4 different programs here should anyone want to have a play.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1739 on: December 09, 2015, 12:56:17 pm »
25 or better on Troon North Pinnacle

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1740 on: December 09, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »
Mmm nice clubs. Been flat out for last week of work. Holidays next week so definitely need to get in some practice and put a little dent in this one man South African show!! Urghhh! :timebomb:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1741 on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »
Hey boost any idea if these items found in WT especially the sets of special clubs, make the game easier when used or if found?? Might a special putter make it easier to hole putts or special clubs make you hit further?

Jthain

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2016, 12:13:03 pm
« Reply #1742 on: December 09, 2015, 11:04:58 pm »
HI All-I'm a new PGA TEAM CHALLENGE owner and just looking for some advice. I don't have all the courses and wondering how I can get them.  My info screen says it is...
Game version 4.0.0.8
Dongle version 4.0
Shell version 0.0.1.0
PLUS version 1.1.0.7

I also have a couple install discs...
Version 3.0.1.2 (2 discs)

What are my options? 
Thanks!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1743 on: December 10, 2015, 01:15:48 am »
Mmm nice clubs. Been flat out for last week of work. Holidays next week so definitely need to get in some practice and put a little dent in this one man South African show!! Urghhh! :timebomb:

I like your spirit Joe.

I am on holiday from next week as well. We should do the Skype thing. I am happy to play in the morning hours.

Ps.  I eat pressure breakfast.   :laugh2:

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1744 on: December 10, 2015, 01:38:28 am »
HI All-I'm a new PGA TEAM CHALLENGE owner and just looking for some advice. I don't have all the courses and wondering how I can get them.  My info screen says it is...
Game version 4.0.0.8
Dongle version 4.0
Shell version 0.0.1.0
PLUS version 1.1.0.7

I also have a couple install discs...
Version 3.0.1.2 (2 discs)

What are my options? 
Thanks!

Hi Jthain

Welcome to the forum.

You need the All Access Pass patch if you want all the courses. I can provide it to you. Send me a PM

The better option is to get you cabinet online by activating your cabinet on a server that Boost is hosting and play World Tour and Tournaments. Boost did it all for us. All the info is below. I copied it from the first page on this thread.

Thanks to the massive efforts of member "bootsinallovryou" our PGA Tour Golf machines now have the ability to connect to an online server allowing us to compete against one another on tournament leaderboards.!  A step by step tutorial to enable tournament mode for these machines has been provided by member "Spitfire" and is posted below.  You can read how this started and track current progress starting from page 13 (post #499) of this thread.

To join in online you need the latest patcher_04 linked below and a regular team challenge machine. No other machines will work. On the attract screen run the patcher in your cd rom drive. Once it says press any key to continue turn off and power up your machine again. Once back in attract mode go to the operators menu by pressing the red operators button inside ur cabinet. Be sure to have your machine connected to the Internet by plugging in an Ethernet cable directly to your cabinet Pc ethernet port. If you are using wireless be sure to configure your wireless connection as per the instructions before trying to register. Choose register/connect option, register cabinet and register your machine using the 4 digit code option using any four digits as it doesn't matter. Make sure you change from Dial up to cable adsl option and follow on screen instructions and allow the machine to call server.  This may take a while first time to get to 100% complete.  Once registered choose the force a call to the server and exit to game option and that's it. You should now be tournament enabled and online. To play online in a Tournament or the World tour option on your cabinet You will need a players card and reader. You will also need to turn your machine off free play otherwise you won't be able to select World Tour and Tournament on the start screen. This has to be done in the operators menu by choosing machine and settings option and disabling free play.
Once you select World Tour it will ask you to insert your players card. It will say that the card is not tournament enabled and will run you through a number of steps to make it so follow instructions and your card will be made tournament ready and you will be given a player number. Now you can use your card or number on any machine linked to Boosts Server and your home made player can be used to play every course on the game without having an all access pass. You will be able to unlock hidden skill shots on every course to unlock special player customising items and equipment. Once all courses available on World Tour are played you will be given a player ranking and it will also unlock heaps of customisable clothing and equipment to use on your player in the Game face option of the game. You can also keep track of how many skill shots you have found and your ranking by inserting your players card into your card reader on the attract screen of the game. There are now also leaderboards available so you can show the world you are the best player out there.  All this is thanks to are Legend known us boostinallovryou!!! without him none of this would be possible!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1745 on: December 10, 2015, 03:59:26 am »
Hey boost any idea if these items found in WT especially the sets of special clubs, make the game easier when used or if found?? Might a special putter make it easier to hole putts or special clubs make you hit further?

I was wondering the same. I will ask a couple of guys here in SA. They should know.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1746 on: December 10, 2015, 04:57:08 am »

I was wondering the same. I will ask a couple of guys here in SA. They should know.
Yes would be nice to now as it seemed that after finding the gold clubs I was able to hit the ball longer might be my imagination ha ha.

Hi JT Don't waste ur time with the all access pass just get online and all the courses are open in world tour and you can compete in tournaments and leaderboards. That's the way to go thx to our King Boost  :burgerking :notworthy: :burgerking:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1747 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:26 am »

I like your spirit Joe.

I am on holiday from next week as well. We should do the Skype thing. I am happy to play in the morning hours.

Don't get too cocky mr Gerhard on my day I can shoot a pretty mean score. It's just my day don't come around that option ha ha ha :lol but with holidays means more practice and more practice means those days are a coming!! :soapbox:

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1748 on: December 10, 2015, 05:40:38 am »

I like your spirit Joe.

Don't get too cocky mr Gerhard on my day I can shoot a pretty mean score. It's just my day don't come around that option ha ha ha :lol but with holidays means more practice and more practice means those days are a coming!! :soapbox:

It's like Gary Player said. The more you practice the luckier you get.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1749 on: December 10, 2015, 08:56:29 am »
My machine only had 1 512mb ram card and 3 extra slots so i picked up a couple 512mb ram dimms.  Will adding 1 or both of the ram cards help performance much? On very rare occasions things get choppy during ball flight, so I'm hoping this might help.

Thanks for the help.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1750 on: December 10, 2015, 09:29:52 am »
My machine only had 1 512mb ram card and 3 extra slots so i picked up a couple 512mb ram dimms.  Will adding 1 or both of the ram cards help performance much? On very rare occasions things get choppy during ball flight, so I'm hoping this might help.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Tim

Adding some ram can only do good. What size graphics card to you have?

I believe the performance of the PC plays a big role in how accurate the trackball preforms. When you spin the trackball and it starts to slow down, notice how it starts to spin to the  left or right as it slows down. It never stays 100% straight.

With that said. If your PC lags, it pics up the direction of the trackball late and thus an inaccurate shot. Try playing the game with a 64mb or an really old 126mb gpu. You will very quickly see the effect.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:38:15 am by gvdvyver »

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1751 on: December 10, 2015, 03:30:56 pm »
Welp, I sold my Golden Tee Complete.  After the developments here, Golden Tee seems worthless and completely outdated.  The gameplay is so much better on PGA and now with the online stuff, it is the game to have. 

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1752 on: December 10, 2015, 04:17:25 pm »
Welp, I sold my Golden Tee Complete.  After the developments here, Golden Tee seems worthless and completely outdated.  The gameplay is so much better on PGA and now with the online stuff, it is the game to have.
I listed my Golden Tee 2006 Complete too. If I can ask, what did you ask for yours and where was it sold?

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1753 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:14 pm »
Sold in Boise, Idaho for $500.00.  Gladly watched it go although it was fun while it lasted.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1754 on: December 10, 2015, 10:11:19 pm »
Sold in Boise, Idaho for $500.00.  Gladly watched it go although it was fun while it lasted.
Thanks Torin. I never was very fond of Golden Tee when I played it in the bars. But I have enjoyed mine a lot over the last 3 years.  I originally was looking for a Birdie King game as I was beginning my arcade.
It has been a little while since I got out to Boise, but had some fun overnights at the End Zone and the Pie Hole.

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1755 on: December 11, 2015, 09:40:46 am »
Thanks Torin. I never was very fond of Golden Tee when I played it in the bars. But I have enjoyed mine a lot over the last 3 years.  I originally was looking for a Birdie King game as I was beginning my arcade.
It has been a little while since I got out to Boise, but had some fun overnights at the End Zone and the Pie Hole.

Oh yes, good times to be had at those places.   ;D

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1756 on: December 13, 2015, 05:05:59 am »
Another crazy game. 2 Hole in ones on the back 9 on par 4's.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1757 on: December 13, 2015, 09:53:27 am »
Unbelieveable, did you unlock anything in world tour with that score? I have only broken 20 once and you are regularly in the 20s, and now a 30.
Jason :notworthy:

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1758 on: December 13, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »
Hey sorry guys for not getting tournaments setup for this week.  My wife has been in and out of the hospital.  My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and the little guy tried to come early.  Been a task to get him to stay put.  We are home finally and tonight after my chores are done I'm going to setup enough weekly tournaments to get you guys into february without me touching anything.  Sorry they wont be the specialized ones by Tim but I  just dont have the time to write the new code and test.  I'll choose random courses and random weather.  Hope you guys understand.  Thanks!

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1759 on: December 13, 2015, 03:03:51 pm »
Hey sorry guys for not getting tournaments setup for this week.  My wife has been in and out of the hospital.  My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and the little guy tried to come early.  Been a task to get him to stay put.  We are home finally and tonight after my chores are done I'm going to setup enough weekly tournaments to get you guys into february without me touching anything.  Sorry they wont be the specialized ones by Tim but I  just dont have the time to write the new code and test.  I'll choose random courses and random weather.  Hope you guys understand.  Thanks!
I think your wife is the understanding one to allow you all the time you work on this stuff for us ;)  There will be plenty of time to code when you are up 5 times a night for feedings and changings ;)
Hope things go more smoothly for her...and you.