Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539578 times)

boostinallovryou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1680 on: November 26, 2015, 11:04:19 am »
Hi Boost

I called in about 5 hours ago and no tournaments. I will be home in about 8 hours and will try again. I am using a dongle and not the emulator

Note: That I can not see leader boards on WT yet. I remember you said that you have to do performance upgrades on the server for me to see leader boards. I am not sure if that is why I can not see tournaments.

Thank you
Correct, you cannot see wt lb until both rounds of enhancements go in.  I also need to add your card to db by hand.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1681 on: November 26, 2015, 11:08:55 am »
Let me know if you are able to play more than 5.
Hey boost I played more than 5 times and still lets me play another round. I thought it may be because I didn't call in after. So I did so and still could play again played five rounds in a row even restarted. Tried all combos and still let me play. 23 under my best score! Also I am asked to play the tournament from the attract screen before anything else comes up? Is that what everyone else's machine is doing?
Yes, my machine asks if you want to play tournament right from main screen.  Ok, that is fine that the machine lets you play more than 5.  I will do the work on the servers end.  Meaning i will only take your first 5 game results and use those on leaderboard.  No matter if you call in or not a started game is recorded on the cabinet and sent to server sooner or later.  So no matter how many games you play, I'm only going to use the first 5 for leaderboard calculation.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1682 on: November 26, 2015, 11:15:17 am »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I am going to step away for the next 4 days.  Taking a few days to clear my head and think about nothing.  So the only thing im going to do is add the two card entries by hand and then I'm going dark.  Not reading the board, not touching the server.  When i return on monday I'll post again.  I won't be going back and reading old posts so save questions for monday.  Have a great holiday everyone!

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1683 on: November 26, 2015, 12:14:13 pm »
What have we here
Where do you find this stat information?
Played 2 rounds at St Andrews. Need to practice to keep up with you guys.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:29:44 pm by TimBoch »

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1684 on: November 26, 2015, 12:54:28 pm »
Hallllooooo

I can see tournaments.  ;D ;D Thanks you boost.

@Tim - in attract mode. Insert your card and it will pop up.

Happy holidays.

Torin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2021, 11:57:56 am
« Reply #1685 on: November 26, 2015, 01:15:03 pm »
What have we here

Put in your players card when the game is in attract mode and it will come up.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1686 on: November 26, 2015, 01:37:00 pm »
What have we here

Put in your players card when the game is in attract mode and it will come up.

If the pc idle's. Not sure how to explain.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1687 on: November 26, 2015, 03:49:21 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I am going to step away for the next 4 days.  Taking a few days to clear my head and think about nothing.  So the only thing im going to do is add the two card entries by hand and then I'm going dark.  Not reading the board, not touching the server.  When i return on monday I'll post again.  I won't be going back and reading old posts so save questions for monday.  Have a great holiday everyone!
Enjoy your holiday break mate you deserve it!!  :notworthy:

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1688 on: November 27, 2015, 07:21:50 pm »
Tournament is supposed to be limited to five rounds, correct?  I played six.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1689 on: November 27, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »
Please read post below
Quote from: Spitfire on Yesterday at 05:06:27 am
Quote from: boostinallovryou on Yesterday at 02:10:14 am
Hey boost I played more than 5 times and still lets me play another round. I thought it may be because I didn't call in after. So I did so and still could play again played five rounds in a row even restarted. Tried all combos and still let me play. 23 under my best score! Also I am asked to play the tournament from the attract screen before anything else comes up? Is that what everyone else's machine is doing?
Yes, my machine asks if you want to play tournament right from main screen.  Ok, that is fine that the machine lets you play more than 5.  I will do the work on the servers end.  Meaning i will only take your first 5 game results and use those on leaderboard.  No matter if you call in or not a started game is recorded on the cabinet and sent to server sooner or later.  So no matter how many games you play, I'm only going to use the first 5 for leaderboard calculation

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1690 on: November 27, 2015, 10:46:36 pm »
I hope everyone in the States are having a great Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate it here in Australia but I thought that my family and I would have a thanksgiving dinner in Boost's honour giving thanks for all he has done to make things so much better with this great game. 
THANKS Boost for all your hard work once again!!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:38:19 am by Spitfire »

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1691 on: November 28, 2015, 06:59:27 am »
Please read post below
Quote from: Spitfire on Yesterday at 05:06:27 am
Quote from: boostinallovryou on Yesterday at 02:10:14 am
Yes, my machine asks if you want to play tournament right from main screen.  Ok, that is fine that the machine lets you play more than 5.  I will do the work on the servers end.  Meaning i will only take your first 5 game results and use those on leaderboard.  No matter if you call in or not a started game is recorded on the cabinet and sent to server sooner or later.  So no matter how many games you play, I'm only going to use the first 5 for leaderboard calculation

Missed that one, been too busy to keep up with everything.

-23?  I need to work on my putting.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1692 on: November 29, 2015, 02:30:29 am »
I'm not here right now, you guys didn't see me, I'm on vacation......but I couldn't delay in sharing this update to the web site.

http://pgaprivateserver.somee.com/tournamentleaderboards.aspx

All of our tournaments will be here as we have more.  Just select the tournament you want to view from the drop down list box, click the button, instant results.  Right now it's just the overall info.  Will add longest putt, drive, etc.  But as you can see......Spit didn't reach the top!

Ok, back to my vacation, I was never here :-)

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1693 on: November 29, 2015, 09:00:53 am »
I'm not here right now, you guys didn't see me, I'm on vacation......but I couldn't delay in sharing this update to the web site.

http://pgaprivateserver.somee.com/tournamentleaderboards.aspx

All of our tournaments will be here as we have more.  Just select the tournament you want to view from the drop down list box, click the button, instant results.  Right now it's just the overall info.  Will add longest putt, drive, etc.  But as you can see......Spit didn't reach the top!

Ok, back to my vacation, I was never here :-)

Nice Boost. Thank you for the name change as well.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1694 on: November 29, 2015, 11:31:06 am »
Looks good Boost. Now get back to relaxing. The golf world needs you rested ;)
Also, I found these from a local arcade game vendor.  They had 3 PC towers and from various PGA cabinets that they have used for converting into Multicade games.  I think this is for PGA Championship 1. At least that is what I can make out of the dongle. I tried to get the hard drive for it, but I guess they like to wipe these and reuse them. I asked them about I/O boards and such, but they were very busy, so if you had parts you might need, I could ask them.  Their website is: http://www.summitamusement.com/

On a side note, is there anyplace that lists the history of this game?  The wiki is pretty limited and it would be cool to see what the other versions of the game offered in comparison to Team Challenge that most of us are playing.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1695 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:27 pm »
Boost that's great mate. What are your thoughts about keeping the leaderboards for WT and Tournaments on the one website? Or is there going to be to much info to do that?

Tim I/O boards and card readers are the most important thing needed right now to build a new system as everything else has a work around.
Has anyone been able to get the game to work without the IO board?? Also boost did mention that he would be able to make and card work with any card reader but that is very low down on his list of to do things??

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1696 on: November 29, 2015, 07:30:06 pm »
Based on the tournament scores, I'm doing something wrong.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1697 on: November 30, 2015, 07:48:37 pm »
I agree, my scores are not going to get me to the top either.  Only 3 games played on tournament and 2 interrupted by Thanksgiving Dinner.  Anyway here are a few spares I have lying around:
The CP I would love to swap with someone who has a red one, each pay shipping.
Betabrite has a slight rip on upper L hand side to cardboard, but works 100% $30 + shipping
Card Reader (no leds) $10 + Shipping

On a side note (asshatarcade.com) has a interesting write up about running 2 dongles and 2 drives in one Global VR computer (need for speed GT/Underground), could be a neat way to keep Edition # in computer to be able to play pebble beach.

Thanks
Jason

DanielVW

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2015, 03:16:08 pm
« Reply #1698 on: December 01, 2015, 03:21:04 am »
Hi All

my name is Daniel

i have just just joined this forum and would like to ask for some help.

i have a team challenge arcade but the game seems to be corrupted 
and as luck would have it, i dont have any disc's.

if someone could please advise me were i can buy discs or if there is downloadable images
available somewhere that would be great.

thank you   

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1699 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:33 am »
Hi Daniel welcome to the club mate. I do have the team challenge disks but I'm in Australia. STP the starter of this forum had a drop box that had the disks in that. That's your best bet or maybe someone else in the USA can help.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1700 on: December 02, 2015, 02:05:04 am »
Hello

I am close to start with a website design. Sorry for the delay. I have been covered with work from head to toe.
I was thinking to include the following:

3 tabs (for a start). One for WT Leader boards and one for Tournament Leader boards. Then a Troubleshooting section.
I will make place for the 2 skill shots next to, or at the bottom of each leader board.

What do you guys think of a comment section?
A general comment section or a comment section for each leader board?
If we go with the comments section I will then create a Register and login page as well.
Or do you think this Forum is good enough?

Any thing ells you guys think I should do as well?

Let me know you thoughts.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1701 on: December 02, 2015, 04:50:08 am »
Hey GVD would be great to have all these things on one website. The skill shots should be in the WT tab as they are part of that game. Not sure about a comments section as don't want to have to scroll heaps to get to leaderboards. The troubleshooting is a must and if I find some time I'll try and compile all the little tips that are on this forum too add to your site. Not sure what else is needed I think you've covered everything.

Boost how far away is the next tournament? As I'm having withdrawals  :dizzy:

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1702 on: December 02, 2015, 09:32:33 am »
It's really up to you guys on how often the tournaments are.  I actually have a lot of questions for the group.  Like how often, how long should one run for, was 5 tries good, was the wind too easy, should i just throw in rain and fog randomly, was the same weather every day ok or should every day be random?

Lots of questions so i can ensure everyone is having a good time.  Also should a handicap system be implimented?

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1703 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »
I think random conditions, within reason, are exactly what golf is. It is nice to have a weekly tournament. I think 4 rounds would be a good limit. Figure that follows most tournament events.  Also, I think that the setting should be set at "Hard". I think this makes the cup size more realistic to real life. This should make my bad putting even more frustrating ;) But I think it has a more real feel.  Handicaps at some point might be a good idea to try and balance tournament scores.

Is there any way that other players can set up conditions? I don't want you getting burned out even more having to do all this set up. Though it is greatly appreciated. 

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1704 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:24 pm »
I think the "within reason" is where i wanted to lock things down at.  Right now i use a random number generator to choose a wind direction between 0 and 359.  Then i use the rng to generate a wind speed between 0 and 20.  Is 20 high enough?

I then propogate a full day of conditions across 60 days.  Would you like different conditions for each day?

The difficulty settings are in numbers.  Last tourney was 3 which was what gvr was running their past tourneys at.  Is hard 4 or 5?

The tool i wrote makes starting a new tournament easy.  I just needed to know how often and when to start and stop them.  I can preload like two months worth into the server and then i dont have to touch anything.  A new on starts and stops when the date comes up.  So if they start on mondays and end on sundays is that good for you?

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1705 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:05 pm »
I would say that winds in a random direction range of maybe 40 degrees and speeds maybe up to 20mph would be good. The ball really moves quite a bit even at 10mph. It would be nice to see these settings be at least slightly different for each day of a tournament and I don't know if that can be done for each time we log in to play an additional round. I still like the idea of 4 rounds as a max as it corresponds to real life tournaments.  Also, could the courses be set up to correspond to the actual PGA tour. Figure they play many of these real courses and then others correspond nicely to their regions or styles.  When nothing fits, then we have a fun week of something adventurous ;)
I play offline on setting 4 which is Hard. I feel it plays more like real golf, though it still is pretty easy to shoot well below par.
Can tournaments be set up to play Thursday through Wednesday? Not sure if this is better for most to play on the weekends. My days off are always different, so I have no "weekends."
Is the tool something that could be put online and used by other players? That way maybe a "guest" player could set up conditions, and also take the blame for them ;)

I must say, this has got me so excited I actually posted my Golden Tee 2006 Complete on Craigslist.

Keep up the great work!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1706 on: December 02, 2015, 01:49:47 pm »
The tool cannot be put online for a number of reasons.  It would have to be ported to ASP so the user could execute it against the server db, more logic would have to be written so if a mistake was made it could be deleted (currently I execute direct sql commands when I modify the db), this would expose direct access to the db so hackers and other security issues would need to be addressed.  It's a big headache.  Much easier for me to just load up X number of tournaments.

The schedule of when a tournament is and what course is played is completely up to you guys.  If you want it to follow the real PGA tour that is no problem.  Just list what course you want, and what week you want it and I'll add it.

Also if you want to completely tailor the weather I have no problem with that.  You can put it into CSV format (comma separated) and I can modify the tool to read that in.  If this is something you want to do let me know and I'll post the format the CSV needs to be in.

As for M-Sun, Thur - Wed, it's totally up to you guys.  It can be anything you want.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1707 on: December 02, 2015, 04:37:38 pm »
Hey boost a 4 or 5 day tournament every week or every second week would be the way to go no longer than that as the withdrawals are quite strong ha ha ha.  At least 5 rounds minimum however I think 10 over the course of the tournament would be better to give you a chance to get used to the course and conditions each day. 2 rounds each day. The conditions should be randomly generated as you have done 20mph wind is heaps and happy for them to jump around from hole to hole. Which is not realistic but makes it a lot more fun. Include fog rain everything. As long as everyone is exposed to the same conditions it doesn't matter. These conditions however should change each day as the course plays way different with different conditions so you can wait till the next day if you are struggling to see what conditions are thrown up so then you can struggle even more ha ha ha
all this I am happy for you to generate. Thx boost

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1708 on: December 02, 2015, 05:10:01 pm »
Boost, that is so very true about putting stuff online and the security of the server and such. Understand completely.

The idea of a setup .csv is a very cool idea. So I am interested in helping with conditions if needed.

I still like the idea of a tournament being 4 scores (rounds).  I played Links 2003 in online tournaments for about 10 years (sometimes even on courses I designed) and am now playing Perfect Golf tournaments online for about the last 3 months. I often played practice rounds previous to my tournament rounds to get a feel for the course and conditions. We could still use the World Tour or even the Play Golf option (even thought there are fewer courses, this difference between TC and AAP surprised me a bit) to practice prior to playing our tournament rounds.

But mostly, I look forward to participating and competing with a fun community of players that brought such enhanced enjoyment beyond what I ever expected from my new arcade game.  :cheers:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1709 on: December 02, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »
Hey Tim. Yes you could play the course before you play tournament on world tour or play golf option. However the biggest obstacle to getting a good score is the wind conditions on a hole and the green slope. Those two things can make each hole a lot easier or harder so if you're not practicing in the exact conditions as per the tournament it makes things very hard.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1710 on: December 02, 2015, 06:44:17 pm »
Boost, that is so very true about putting stuff online and the security of the server and such. Understand completely.

The idea of a setup .csv is a very cool idea. So I am interested in helping with conditions if needed.

I still like the idea of a tournament being 4 scores (rounds).  I played Links 2003 in online tournaments for about 10 years (sometimes even on courses I designed) and am now playing Perfect Golf tournaments online for about the last 3 months. I often played practice rounds previous to my tournament rounds to get a feel for the course and conditions. We could still use the World Tour or even the Play Golf option (even thought there are fewer courses, this difference between TC and AAP surprised me a bit) to practice prior to playing our tournament rounds.

But mostly, I look forward to participating and competing with a fun community of players that brought such enhanced enjoyment beyond what I ever expected from my new arcade game.  :cheers:

Helping with setup would be great.  These tournaments are not for me to dictate what everyone plays.  It's for you guys to tell me what you want and then I make it happen.  So I'm not sure if you are familiar with .csv files but they are really simple.  You can use excel if you want or do it with a text editor like notepad, emacs, vi, whatever.  But here is how the format needs to be:

Each course obviously has 18 holes.  The game requires 60 days worth of condition information per hole.  That's going to be 1080 lines of information.  Each line will be in the order of (Pin Index, Wind Direction, Wind Speed, Rain, Fog).  The pin index is a number between 0 and 24 which denotes which location on the green the pin is at.  You won't know what the location is without looking at a course file.  My advise would be to make it a random number and then you can choose if it's the same per day or what.

Wind direction is in degrees (0 - 359), speed is in MPH, Rain and Fog are 0 or 1.  0 = no, 1 = yes

Starting with hole 1 a new line equals one day.  So Hole 1/Day 1= line 1, Hole 2/Day 1 = line 61, etc.  Each piece of info needs to be separated by a comma.  So here are a few example lines:
13, 128, 7, 0, 0
13, 246, 2, 0, 1
13, 14, 19, 1, 0

First line is Hole 1, Day 1, pin index 13, wind blowing towards 128 degrees at 7 mph, no rain, no fog
Second line is Hole 1, Day 2, pin index 13, wind blowing towards 246 degrees at 2 mph, no rain, yes fog
Third line is Hole 1, Day 3, pin index 13, wind blowing towards 14 degrees, 19 mph, yes rain, no fog

Need 1080 of these bad boys.  You can name the file the name of the course.  You are not obligated to do this.  If it is a big pain after seeing all of this it is no problem at all.  If it's not and you want to continue, awesome!  Once I get a file from you I'll verify it and modify the tournament tool to read it in.

I'll setup the next tournament tonight when I get home.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1711 on: December 02, 2015, 07:11:46 pm »
Hey Tim. Yes you could play the course before you play tournament on world tour or play golf option. However the biggest obstacle to getting a good score is the wind conditions on a hole and the green slope. Those two things can make each hole a lot easier or harder so if you're not practicing in the exact conditions as per the tournament it makes things very hard.
I think you described exactly what makes tournament golf, tournament golf.  Familiarize yourself with the course but still have to play the ccourse as the conditions come each day.  No previous knowledge.  After seeing your scores Joe,  I think your game has been tuned far beyond most.   :D

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1712 on: December 02, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »
Boost that's awesome mate would love to setup a tournament one day when time permits. Is there a way to cut down the 60 days of conditions for each hole?? Why is this needed if our courses only run for 5 days and only change each day? Would 5 inputs per hole service this or however many days we won't our tournaments to run?  And if the conditions remain the same per hole each day wouldn't we only need 1 input per hole is that possible?

Tim not to worried about my scores or ability as I have played this game for years now and have become pretty good at it on my day. However I won't everyone in the community to continue to enjoy and play these tournaments and it's human nature not to continue playing if you are always getting killed every tournament. Ha ha ha so the idea of being able to practice a few times to familiarise yourself with conditions and course would help this I think. I don't want it to be unlimited number of rounds as that would work the other way we're the better players would post even bigger scores. So limiting the number of rounds is great it puts the pressure on to post your best score but only four rounds is way to little and the weaker players have no way of winning or even getting close to winning. And this eventually will stop them from playing. Which is not good for these tournaments. Handicaps may be another way to even things up again as everyone no matter what ability should feel like they have a chance to win the tournament. This would keep everyone happy challenged and playing for years to come.
Eventually once the right mix is found I would like to see us having some sort of small prizes to win this would add to the tournaments and give extra incentive to play enjoy and win.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1713 on: December 02, 2015, 08:28:04 pm »
Boost that's awesome mate would love to setup a tournament one day when time permits. Is there a way to cut down the 60 days of conditions for each hole?? Why is this needed if our courses only run for 5 days and only change each day? Would 5 inputs per hole service this or however many days we won't our tournaments to run?  And if the conditions remain the same per hole each day wouldn't we only need 1 input per hole is that possible?
Nope, all 60 days per hole have to exist.  If not, BAD things happen.  This is because of the way their software was written.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1714 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:58 pm »
Nope, all 60 days per hole have to exist.  If not, BAD things happen.  This is because of the way their software was written.
Thought as much mate. Maybe a 60 day tournament marathon might need to be played ha ha. Can more than 1 tournament be run at once boost? Also what is the challenge match option about mate? Can that be used to create a specific match against select friends?? Would be awesome. Also is there anyway to play these matches linked to each other were it looks like your playing a 2 player match and you watch there shots but they are playing on there machine?? Ha ha ha I'm getting ahead of myself but how awesome would that be??

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1715 on: December 02, 2015, 08:55:37 pm »
I've already surrendered to the idea that I won't shoot those - 20s scores you guys are shooting.  I find those scores quite amazing.

But I think tournaments are for competing to the best of your abilities for each round. This seems to more closely represent real life to me. Practicing the actual settings sounds more like trying to solve a rubics cube than playing a golf tournament.  We already have the world tour to let us keep trying to go as low as possible.

I do hope we switch to level 4 (hard) settings as the hole seems unrealistically large to me at level 3 (normal).  The game already plays very easy,  but a more real to life hole size will make people have to hit better approach shots, shape shots into hole locations,  and such.

The best way to equalized players of different abilities is through a handicap in my opinion and this should keep everyone's interest in the game. I have played my Links 2003 tour for almost 10 years and competing for those 4 rounds every week became a scheduled part of my week. There are some scary good golfers there too who shot scores I can't comprehend, but the handicap made them have to keep their game strong and scores low to cover their handicap.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a golf freak. .

Also,  do we think that challenge matches might be doable in the future?  Oops. I think Joe beat me to that question. That would be a lot of fun if possible.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:32:03 pm by TimBoch »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1716 on: December 02, 2015, 09:21:48 pm »
I'll make sure the tournaments are set to 4 from now on.  I was just duplicating the previous GVR tournaments.

Challenge matches might be in the future.  If memory serves you logged into GVR's website and created basically a mini private tournament and invited your friends right?  If so I'm not sure that's really beneficial as we are already a mini group.  Also I'm not sure if I have the challenge tournament designation.  This is needed to identify the tournament as a challenge.

To answer Spit's question yes, you can have multiple tournaments at the same time.  The tournament designation was different.  I remember seeing single day tournaments at the same time a monthly was going on.  Again I ask.....really?  We only run a week tourney hahahahah.  I'm starting to spoil you guys hahahahah.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1717 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:19 pm »
To answer Spit's question yes, you can have multiple tournaments at the same time.  The tournament designation was different.  I remember seeing single day tournaments at the same time a monthly was going on.  Again I ask.....really?  We only run a week tourney hahahahah.  I'm starting to spoil you guys hahahahah.
We have been spoiled, not only by what you have done to bring a game back to life, but also bring a group of golf crazy guys together. This is becoming a great community and a lot of fun.

Is it possible to make an Excel spread sheet to set up course conditions and round settings? I am not good with marcros, but would it be possible to randomize course settings. My jaw dropped seeing how much you did to get the beta tournament running. Even more impressed how you consider it as not much of a big deal to keep doing it. That's a lot of work and a big deal in my book.

I look forward to Joe's first tournament ;)  Unless he makes me try first.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:54:03 pm by TimBoch »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1718 on: December 02, 2015, 09:59:23 pm »
Yes boost you have spoilt us and the things you can do r mind boggling to most of us?? :dizzy: happy the way things are running and just tweaking here and their to see what works better or not.
Again I ask Boost is it possible to actual create a multiplayer game were you can actually see the player your playing against take his ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- on your machine while playing it on his machine?? As this would be very very special!!
 :notworthy:

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1719 on: December 03, 2015, 02:45:44 am »
We have been spoiled, not only by what you have done to bring a game back to life, but also bring a group of golf crazy guys together. This is becoming a great community and a lot of fun.

Is it possible to make an Excel spread sheet to set up course conditions and round settings? I am not good with marcros, but would it be possible to randomize course settings. My jaw dropped seeing how much you did to get the beta tournament running. Even more impressed how you consider it as not much of a big deal to keep doing it. That's a lot of work and a big deal in my book.

I look forward to Joe's first tournament ;)  Unless he makes me try first.

Hello

Allot has happen over night.(For me that is)

In excel the formula =randbetween(1;24) would randomize between 1 and 24. Have a look at the attached excel spreadsheet(in the zip file). I did the first line and copied that a 1079 times. Double click on any blank cell to randomize.

@Spit It would be awesome to have match play rounds and see what the other one is doing. One could setup a camera and stream it. Something like Skype would do the trick. We could have a conversation and a beer while we doing it.  :D