Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: EMS Top Gun 3 (Lightgun) Issues  (Read 2466 times)

CoryBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2024, 07:28:48 am
  • Bopity Boopy
EMS Top Gun 3 (Lightgun) Issues
« on: May 28, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »
I got a top gun 3 arcade gun recently and have experienced a few issues.

After the first 45 minutes of use playing random gun games the gun stopped getting recognized. I was confused at first but then began to work out what it could be. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a couple times and made sure everything was getting power. The gun recoils, lights up and buttons work but wouldn't move the cursor.

I finally took it apart as my next guess was that the camera module got disconnected. I was right, the recoil kick disconnected one of the wires from the camera.

I fixed it the first time by just soldering it back on, but after a few minutes of use the recoil kicked it off again. I then extended the wire and soldered it again. It has stayed on for the last few weeks.

Here is the issue I am having now that I can't decide what to do to fix it. Every-time I pull the trigger the gun recoils twice now. I tried flattening the spring and extending it out but nothing is working. It is quite annoying, any ideas?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:37:11 pm by CoryDee »