Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: unbelieveable Act-labs answer about new Analog Mame and Dual lightgun on XP  (Read 1533 times)

Reg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2004, 10:43:45 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Topic: Analog Mame V.74u1 support now Dual Gun/Mice for win XP!  
regisma
Member # 2905

Rate Member
  posted September 25, 2003 07:46 AM                    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I have just read this great news!

news exerpt:

September 23, 2003: My old monitor is fried; I'm currently using an even older 15".

Now the real news: Jake sent me a bunch of additions that enables multiple mice & lightguns in winXP. All you XP users can now thank Jake (Jake's web site).
NOTE: this build will only run on winXP; called "mameAnalog+XP ver 0.74.1", since only changes are the XP multiple mouse stuff. WinXP build, source & diff

I will try to release mameAnalog+ & mameAnalog+XP at the same time in the future, hopefully using the same source code and only a different make option. Of course, official mame 0.74u1 also came out today, so I'm behind that. :-p

end of news exerpt

thanks
Reg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 5 (0.22 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2003 (22 days)  |  IP:  

Grant - ACT LABS
Administrator
Member # 2631

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2003 10:31 AM                        
Has anyone tried two light guns with this new version of analog mame?
How well does it work?

--------------------
You ask me...? I ask who...?

Posts: 34 (0.13 per day) | From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jan 2003 (250 days)  |  IP:  

regisma
Member # 2905

Rate Member
  posted October 01, 2003 06:33 AM                    
Hi,
No Pc lightguns are out yet so I do not see how someone can do this test!

I'm pretty sure that there is a Test PC in Act-Labs ready to try it out!

here is the link of the Modified mame with it's sources code...

http://www.urebelscum.speedhost.com/

may be someone in your team can contact the MameDev to see with them if they plan to include it in the next official version of Mame.

thanks

Reg

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
is it just me or is this a non-answer?

We knew all of this from the posts here in the software forum and on the main arcadecontrols.com page...

I didnt' see anything actlabs specific saying anything new or of use...

Further more this isn't act labs answer this is "jake" and u_rebel and other peoples work to make this possible not Act Labs... I really don't understand what you are getting at.

can you clarify please?

rampy
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 10:42:41 am by rampy »

Reg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2004, 10:43:45 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Hi,

It is just the fact that Act-Labs claim that two lightgun will work
in Mame.  We know that in Windows XP there was no possibilities
to make them work  two lightgun in Mame (OS Restrictions).

Now uRebelScum and another person find a way to integrate two  lightgun in Mame in Windows XP. I have written to them to let them know that now the lightgun will work on Windows XP.

With what I know the dual lightgun capability comes with their new PCTV light gun not their CRT light gun ones, because the PC TV light have a switch to differenciate both guns in windows. if you use just one gun you set the switch to 1 if you play with two gun you set the switch to position 2.

It is just strange that they ask if someone have tried it ...because the PCTV guns
are not shipped yet to users! that's why I have written to them to tell them to try it out .

thanks

Reg

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
oh... well that's old news =)

earlier thread

*Shrug* The whole 2 gun thing with act labs has left a bad taste in my mouth (TV version or PC).

rampy