Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First DIY Juke in Progress...  (Read 16046 times)

toeknee1973

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2017, 09:24:13 pm
Re: First DIY Juke in Progress...
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 10:45:57 am »
about 95% done.... :applaud:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:53:12 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 01:56:40 pm »
Looking really good, man! I just cut the metal parts for my project, will start building it very soon.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:38 am »
Nice looking box. I'm in the planning stage of jukebox 2.0 and looking for software. Definitely gonna check out TouchJams. I was thinking about giving up on dual monitors, but I like the way the software looks in your setup, which is similar to my plans.
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:50 pm »
How are you attaching your monitor(s)? My previous build was a rack mount CRT, but it's looking like this one will have to use an ELO 17" touch screen with the stand alone casing. Did you de-case your monitor? It appears to be a stand alone, at least from the front, but I can't see how it is staying put.
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 01:33:55 am »
Nice looking box. I'm in the planning stage of jukebox 2.0 and looking for software. Definitely gonna check out TouchJams. I was thinking about giving up on dual monitors, but I like the way the software looks in your setup, which is similar to my plans.

yeah im using touchjams mate theres nothing i know of better around and worth every cent , i have a skin on the site called egosbar with a four album view but it depends what your looking for

i like my screen simple with only the four cds

NoEmzGames

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2024, 02:20:55 am
  • What game should I get next?
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »
Nice build. I am looking for ideas for my jukebox which I will eventually get to.  Might be a dumb question but what do you have displayed on the top monitor? Videos? Thanks for sharing!

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 09:38:38 am »
Nice build. I am looking for ideas for my jukebox which I will eventually get to.  Might be a dumb question but what do you have displayed on the top monitor? Videos? Thanks for sharing!
I have it to display the videos when playing music videos or the videos for when a karaoke song is on. I also have it to display the "playing now" screen while I'm selecting new tracks. TouchJams has different setting for what you want to to do with the 1st and 2nd monitor. I believe you can also have to display pictures that you might have in a folder.I would recomend you going to Touchjams.com and download their full demo for free, you'll like it. Thanks 

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 09:43:25 am »
How are you attaching your monitor(s)? My previous build was a rack mount CRT, but it's looking like this one will have to use an ELO 17" touch screen with the stand alone casing. Did you de-case your monitor? It appears to be a stand alone, at least from the front, but I can't see how it is staying put.

Sorry for the late response, but the top screen was mounted on very tightly from the cutout, then i applied little bit of epoxy through the inside( not the best way to hold, but hasnt fallen out yet,lol) , the bottom screen i used a couple of long screws with large washers that attach to the lcd from the back. The screen has no back cover. (check the pics)...

monkeychunkuk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2015, 10:50:05 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
First DIY Juke in Progress...
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 11:22:30 am »
A great build!

toeknee1973

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:00 pm »
thank you Monkey...appreciate your comment :applaud: