Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Two monitors in cab - couple questions on their use  (Read 2007 times)

86atc250r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2012, 04:17:43 pm
Two monitors in cab - couple questions on their use
« on: December 09, 2011, 12:47:01 pm »
I have a cab I just bought.   Its got a vertical 19" LCD in the normal location and someone's installed a horizontal one (for watching TV apparently) above it in the back portion of the cab.

I was thinking it would be cool to use the horizontal one to display marquees and/or control layouts during gameplay.

Is this feasible with Mala or another FE or anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?    I'm somewhat familiar with MALA as I built a vertical Super Pacman cab using it a couple years ago.

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
Re: Two monitors in cab - couple questions on their use
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:35:11 pm »
Pretty cool that you already have two screens like that!   

If I am remembering correctly, you can make some screen dumps from CPWizard, or use marquees or something else.  And then you can use Infranview to display the pictures on another screen.   See the post below for a few more details.  Or if that's not enough, you could search the forum for Infranview to see if other posts have more info about it.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=102440.0

86atc250r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2012, 04:17:43 pm
Re: Two monitors in cab - couple questions on their use
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:43:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I got the setup working satisfactorily with CPWizard creating the control panels on the fly, using Hyperspin & a hyperlauch/autohotkey script.    It's kinda "hacky" but it's working just like I wanted.    Seems that CPwizard wasn't really intended to do this sort of thing but I'm sure if Headcaze tweaked it a bit for this type of use, it would be much easier.

When you select the game in Hyperspin, CPwizard fires and displays the control panel (and when I make a custom layout, the marquee).    When I exit, CPwizard closes down and my windows background for the 2nd screen (some space invaders art) shows in the secondary monitor until the next game is selected.

If this hacky setup turns out to be unreliable, I may have to go more the route in the thread you posted.    I'll update as I finish the cab up, working on it right now actually.