Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tough time with measurements  (Read 2619 times)

2panther

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2014, 04:02:12 pm
Tough time with measurements
« on: October 01, 2011, 04:36:41 pm »
So I have my TV decased and need to build some sort of mounting frame to attach it to in the cabinet.  My first attempt was to simply measure the dimensions horizontally and vertical between the ears. I built a frame with those dimensions out of 2x2 pine but once I dry fit it to see how I did it didn't fit. I think my mistake was that the outside dimensions of my frame are the dimensions of the ears so it doesn't fit around the TV itself. I really wish I had paid more attention in shop class.

I'm not sure how to do this the right way now. My cabinet is 26" wide where the TV needs to fit in. The actual dimensions looking at the decased TV are 24" W x 19 1/4" , would making the inside dimensions of my second attempt frame 24 1/2 x 19 1/2 work?  The max width of the frame itself can only be 26 or it will be too wide to fit in the opening.

Is there a better material I should do this with rather than 2x2 pine?

the inside dimensions of my frame measure 23x18

it's too bad too because my frame was a perfect fit for the cabinet!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:55:37 pm by 2panther »

AlienInferno

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2024, 04:10:07 pm
Re: Tough time with measurements
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:13 pm »
CRT?

If so I made my mount out of 3/4" plywood.  Cut it to fit like I wanted inside the cab then marked the center point.  From there I made a template out of cardboard to fit around the TV and transfered that to the wood.  Cut it out.  Test fitted.  Trimmed some with the router.  Test fit.  Repeat until it fits.

If it's LCD couldn't you just use the wall mount location in the back and screw it down to a board?

P.S.
I used some 2x2 in the back of the mount for it to lay on and then used some 3/4" angle aluminium in the front to hold the mount down so it wouldn't move around if the cab was moved.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:06:29 pm by AlienInferno »

2panther

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2014, 04:02:12 pm
Re: Tough time with measurements
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:43:09 pm »
yes its a CRT, 27" Sony Wega. I ended up rebuilding the frame with the correct interior dimensions needed and will be mounting it up this week when I get a chance.

thanks for the reply