Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any interest in original cab dimensions  (Read 91788 times)

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
Re:Any interest in original cab dimensions
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2004, 09:54:37 pm »
I love the fact that he's got this thing sitting in what looks like the middle of the kitchen....awesome!  ;D
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2004, 06:53:11 pm »
I guess I missed the news about the site update. Thanks man! Nice to see the Moon Patrol cab was added too. Now I have to decide between Galaga and Moon Patrol  :o
This signature is intentionally left blank

ratabase1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2020, 09:51:51 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2004, 08:08:58 pm »
Would you supply me with the Pole Position Cabinet dimensions?  Also, does your cabinet have the artwork on the sides?  If so, would you be willing to take some pictures of the sideart for me also?  THanks.

I'm sorry for being lazy and not reading all six pages, but I read most of them.

I would be more than happy to help anyone undertaking such a project.  But I need a quick clarification that has probably been answered somewhere on this thread.

It seems some people are offering pics+measurements.  Is that OK?  Here's the cabs that I have to be measured.  Keep in mind this is a barn find and most are conversions, so if we are talking tape measure and digital camera I can handle that.  Or if the following list contains enough cabs that people need dimensions to I'll read up on Autocad and do my best.
Here are the cabs I believe I can measure accurately (most were exposed to the elements for several years and have bad bottoms so this is an incomplete list-plus I can't name all the cabs.
Super Pac Man
 I have 3 of these cabs but I think I only have one back, maybe none.
 Stern cab
  I have two-no backs again.  These are conversions so I don't know what they were originally.  I have been told they are a common Stern cab used by Frenzy, Turtles, etc.. Here is a pic of what one looks like-mine have the "Stern" logo down the side like the one in that link.
Bubbles?
This is a Williams cab that currently houses Yie-Ar Kung Fu.  The bottom is rough on one side so measurements might be hard, I don't know yet because I've never tried. :)
Centipede
Again the bottom is rough.  Currently has a Wrestling game.  But the CP is a lightly converted Centipede CP if those measurements are needed.
Pole Position UR
Empty cab but I believe I have both parts to the back.  
Game Plan
Currently houses a Mr Do's Castle.  Say's it was made in 1981 in IL.
Gorf
No CP, but otherwise in good shape for measuring.
Zaxxon/Congo Bongo
I have two.  These cabs are made of particle board and aren't worth restoring, but between the two I can get measurements.  Both are complete, lumberwise.  Lots of doors and angles on these cabs.
Universal Cab
This is exactly what I have.  Universal made a lot of conversions and this seems to be their most common cab.  Awesome design.  Two-piece back, all complete.
I have others that I either cannnot think of or haven't yet ID'ed.

LMK if I can help.

-Erik

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:53:37 am
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2004, 03:39:27 am »
I am in talks with lancelet about getting all those dimensions for those cabinets he has access to, including pole position.  Actually come to think about it, I already have partial pole position cabinet plans that I measured myself, but I have not attempted to draft them up yet, because of the complicated plastic area around the steering wheel.  It will be tricky but I will attempt that soon.

spriggy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2024, 09:45:27 pm
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2004, 09:48:32 pm »
Good Job on the plans Jakobud.  

Greatly helps people such as myself who just don't have access to full or gutted classic cabinets...especially living down here in Western Australia!!

If you need any help compiling plans, I'm proficient in DeltaCAD.  Very easy program to use!  Please feel free to ask this pedantic SOB!.

Can anyone help on dimensions for a Taito generic cab for my 'Jungle Hunt' Build Project (ie Jungle Hunt, Elevator Action, Qix etc.)??
"Once a Knight, always a Knight.   Twice a night.. and your doing alright!!" ::)

hunky_artist

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2006, 06:39:21 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
    • www.pennylanepictures.com
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2004, 08:24:53 am »
I tell you what, if any plans or measurements for this style Tatio cab appears before this summer is over I'll be a happy little bunny!   ;D

« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 08:26:32 am by hunky_artist »
www.pennylanepictures.com

(my art website) :)

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2005, 11:29:43 pm
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2004, 09:15:59 pm »
A few cabinet measurements needed for Midway Kickman/Satans Hollow MINI Cabaret (or Wizard of Wor?)

I started building a replica cabaret/mini a year ago to house my Kickman. I already have the mini monitor bezel and mini marquee, only needing the control panel (if anyone has one, even bare, as I already have the trackball, email me :) )

However all the farther I got was cutting out the two sides of the cabinet. I had a couple of contacts that promised dimensions when they "undug out" their machines, but a year later, I havn't gotten any farther or more details.

The dimensions I need would take no more than 5-10 minutes for anyone owning a MINI Cabaret version of either a Kick(man) or Satan's Hollow.  Possibly a Wizard of Wor could be used as well as it had the same side profile, but used horizontal vs vertical monitor so may be different.

Here's what I mainly need.  I know the widths (~18"), but need the rest of the cross-piece measurements.
(Easiest would be to measure X/Y for both points of each from the lower back corner of a side)

1) Top piece (above/behind marquee)
2) Middle top piece (below.behind marquee with speaker grille attached)
3) Spacer board piece (between speaker board and monitor bezel)
4) Monitor bezel glass holder
5) Control panel top/front/lip (if I decide to build out of wood if I can't find an original one)
6) A couple other measurements to double check things regarding the back side.

I can email a drawing indicating the points I need measured to assist.

Thanks in advance. Reply here or via PM or in email ( bfrandse @ hotmail.com) -- please include "cabaret" or "mini" in the email so the spam filter doesn't trash it.

------

By the way, I have finished building a replica of an Atari mini cabaret. It came out looking very nice.  I spent a total of about $45 on the wood, and $5 on stain, poly and spray paint and screws (caught some good deals).  All I have left to do is cut into the control panel for controls and do the wiring.  If anyone wants details on this I would be glad to post.  I made the cabinet as large as I could to fit both sides onto a single 49"x97" piece of MDF to save costs, and make it lighter and more easy to move. It's about 4" shallower than the original's I think, per the draft plans the Kyle Lynstrom(sp?) gave me as he's not done with them yet.

Generic Eric

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2004, 01:35:04 pm »
I tell you what, if any plans or measurements for this style Tatio cab appears before this summer is over I'll be a happy little bunny!   ;D

I can't make you a little bunny. But I may be able to make you happy.  Today I picked up this cabinet

Let me know if you are interested.  I will make them available eventually.

[edit] I am very redundant. [/edit]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 11:25:14 pm by generic_eric »

AlexSledge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2004, 08:54:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2004, 02:03:13 pm »
Are any of these "plans" going to be completed?

Most people will need more than sides if they want to build a replica cabinet. I'd think things such as coin door cutout, monitor shelf, marquee/speaker shelf, and such should be included at minimum.

spystyle

• Thanks alot, now I have to build a time machine and warn myself yesterday!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2021, 02:30:18 pm
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2004, 02:30:11 pm »

Most people will need more than sides if they want to build a replica cabinet. I'd think things such as coin door cutout, monitor shelf, marquee/speaker shelf, and such should be included at minimum.

I disagree, all I need are the side measurements, the width can be determined by the monitor and CP.

If anyone submits new measurements for sides I'll be happy !

If you think about it, after you have the sides cut out all you need are rectangles and squares, very easy, and as many older cabinets used 19" screens you would have to scale the width (and possibly depth) for a bigger monitor anyway.

That's just my opinion, I say "custom" over "replica"

(and I don't think you should be so demanding of volunteers)

Don't be a llama :)

Craig
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 11:50:31 am by spystyle »

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2004, 04:46:11 pm »

I have wondered about this as I have been drawing up so many plans for cabinets.  It seemed that more people were generally interested in the basic shape and look of the game.

I mean, if you wanted to make a real truely genuine replica cabinet there is a LOT you would have to measure on an original.  Like exactly where and how the monitor was mounted, what type of framing was used on the inside and the dimensions for all the internal mounting blocks, PCB mounting location and dimensions, power supply mounting dimensions, how the wires were mounted and run inside the cabinet, etc etc... the list goes on and on if you want to make a cabinet that is exactly like an original... and you are never going to get completely accurate dimensions for all these things unless you have access to the original cabinet blueprints from the original manufacturer....

Anyways, no matter how exact you try to make a 'replica' cabinet, it is still just a replica and not original and if a dimension is off by even a 1/8" that's enough justification to complain about it if you are truely wanting it to be EXACTLY like an original...

In the end, it seems like people want to just customize the cabinet a little bit here and there but they want the general shape of the originals.  

dek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2011, 01:23:33 am
  • Banana Cognac!
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2004, 12:24:26 pm »
Here's a strange request ;D

Anyone have a bartop megatouch they can measure up?

hunky_artist

• Offline Offline
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2004, 08:05:27 pm »
I've just seen these post tonight, 2 months after first asking if anyone had one of those cabs... lol *doh!*

did anyone ever get any measurements taken? I got some a short while back... but i didnt get any side measurements i dont think. like the width of the control panel and the like

if not dont worry about it, ill probably end up drawing them from scratch to just have that rough shape. But if anyone does have some numbers to throw at me (just dont throw too hardd) then ill love you forever...

well.. maybe a month or so  ;D

Nannuu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 11:55:21 pm
  • Anytime now, I'll start my cabinet
    • Will and Liliana's Projects and Family Photos
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2004, 12:41:34 am »
My Taito cab is 22 7/8" wide on the inside.  The top portion of the cp is 6 3/4" deep and the front of the cp is 6" high.  The marquee is 6" viewable (7.25" total).  Bezel is 20.5" deep.  These are what I have scribbled down here to do my artork anyway.

I was thinking that Spriggy was going to add all of that info to his dimensioned drawing when it is done just as Jakobud has been doing.  If you haven't seen Jak's site, check it out.  He is getting a good collection there.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 12:42:36 am by Nannuu »
Next I'll be on fries, and that's when the big money starts rolling in.

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2004, 01:37:07 am »
Just about down on the Taito Sideart.  Just touching up a few places.
Then I'll start on the dimensions.  I'm also getting some original cabinet parts/brackets/artwork shipped to me, so I'll measure those as well for the plans.

"Once a Knight, always a Knight.   Twice a night.. and your doing alright!!" ::)

hunky_artist

• Offline Offline
« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2004, 08:06:22 am »
Yeah, I've seen his site, it's excellent... just doesnt have any cab shapes for the cab im going to build unfortunately.

Spriggy, Nannuu... you're both legends. Thanks for this help with the measurements!  :D

If I get any more details, this is going to make my life so much easier for when I build my cab during the next 6 months or so (and of course progress will be posted on here)

I was always deciding between the centipede, generic Taito, and pacman cab shapes. (I've always preferred the smaller, more classic simple shapes of the older games. The cab is going to be kept as simple as possible. No 476 button control panels here ;) )

In the end the Taito one just kept on leaping out at me. And now I've decided it will be perfect in the house here... so woohoo

cheers again guys!

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2004, 08:14:15 am »

Just to plant another cabinet dimension seed,  after I finish with the 'Taito UR Cabinet' plans, I will be asking the beloved arcade brethren for some dimensions for an 'Asteroids Cocktail'.  Very simplistic in design and artwork, as well as a classic.  

Makes it all that much easier to document and build as a replica.

Shite...I haven't even finished the Taito plans and I'm already asking for more.  Pure Greed!!!

I'm all ears!!   ;D

Game On!

hunky_artist

• Offline Offline
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2004, 05:06:03 am »
how's things going spriggy? going well?  :)

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2004, 07:42:37 am »
Yeh..things going well.

The left side of the 'Taito' sideart is done.  'Wade'  has the AI file and is printing it on a plotter, so as to overlay it onto his cabinet to check it's accuracy.
Go here for all the info.. http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=19558;start=40

I have started on the plans.  I'm at the very basic compilation stage.  I'm also waiting for some original parts to arrive (ie brackets, hinges, coin door, unpopulated CP etc) so they can be measured and drawn up in CAD format.

The workshop is now finished (except for a few things).  I'm also balancing the wife, kids, house renovation, work and other arcade based projects as well (ie 'Cosmic Guerilla' UR restoration, build a Jamma Supergun/Test Bench ... and so on!!)

Bring it on!  (puff.. puff.. collapse!)

:)

AlexSledge

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2004, 10:39:19 am »
spystyle: I wasn't making any demands, only suggestions. I'm sorry I didn't work to make that more clear.

Jakobud: My concern isn't for a true exact replicas, because as you say purists will never be happy. But enough information to build a complete cab in one shot for the non-carpenters out there is worth considering.

Things like original monitor position, speaker location, etc. fall into this category of desired information I would think.

Those that are looking for "similar-but customized" can customize even if provided with the rough 'original' layout information. But those that want a machine that looks (give-or-take) exactly like a Q*Bert (for example) except it's a MAME cab in disguise can't get there from scratch with just the side dimensions. The monitor mounting angle inside a Pac-Man, is completely different than that in a Defender as well.

Providing the monitor shelf, speaker shelf/marquee shelf, etc. will save people some trial & error when building their cabs when they just want to build & go, and not have to find out the hard way that they can't hear their speaker well with it just bolted under the monitor or that their monitor neck just went crunch because it was sticking too close to the rear door.

If all people need is the side template, heck, take any snapshot of any cab side, rotate image to level the base, edge tool, crop & fill to shape, hunt down PDF manual to get height, resize image based on that height, and you're done in two to five minutes. Output to HPGL, and 5 minutes of CNC routing action later you have the side of anything you want. I've done this several times just yanking images off eBay.

Of course I wouldn't expect information like the 2"x2" braces/supports or any of the board-cage type information since most ppl will just toss the PC into the base of the cab, or use PCB feet where-ever they're comfortable with them.

Anyway, again, just my opinion/take on the matter and everyone has opinions.

On a related note, If you want the dimensions for any of the following let me know:

Crystal Castles
Pole Position (I have so many of these that you will definately see some of the plastic molded control panels up on eBay after a while)
Atari Football "cocktail" (rather tall cocktail, I like it)
Star Castle
Defender
Millipede
Pac-Man
Space Zap
Return of the Jedi
Capcom Street Fighter II: TNC
Simpsons (4P)
Chase HQ
Phoenix
Pleaids
Nintendo (DK, Mario, etc.)
Turbo (upright)
Mechanized Attack (big dual mounted gun cab)
Dig Dug
Gunsmoke

Thanks again for all your effort Jakobud.

I have wondered about this as I have been drawing up so many plans for cabinets.  It seemed that more people were generally interested in the basic shape and look of the game.

I mean, if you wanted to make a real truely genuine replica cabinet there is a LOT you would have to measure on an original.  Like exactly where and how the monitor was mounted, what type of framing was used on the inside and the dimensions for all the internal mounting blocks, PCB mounting location and dimensions, power supply mounting dimensions, how the wires were mounted and run inside the cabinet, etc etc... the list goes on and on if you want to make a cabinet that is exactly like an original... and you are never going to get completely accurate dimensions for all these things unless you have access to the original cabinet blueprints from the original manufacturer....

Anyways, no matter how exact you try to make a 'replica' cabinet, it is still just a replica and not original and if a dimension is off by even a 1/8" that's enough justification to complain about it if you are truely wanting it to be EXACTLY like an original...

In the end, it seems like people want to just customize the cabinet a little bit here and there but they want the general shape of the originals.  

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2004, 10:53:59 am »
I didn't check out all cab plans, but the ones I saw didn't just give the side view. The plans I saw where detailed enough to build a cab from scratch. IIRC there typically are 3 files in a plan (Side view, Side view with cross boards and the front view). The plans also include CP dimensions, marquee dimensions, monitor position etc.
This signature is intentionally left blank

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2004, 05:41:58 pm »
AlexSledge,

I noticed your offer of supplying some cabinet dimensions.

Noteably.....your Atari Football "cocktail".

I have been tracking down someone for dimensions for a 'Track 'n' Field' Cocktail for about 18months.  I had two people offer, however I haven't heard from them in a year (must be my bad breath :) ).  As far as I'm aware, the Atari Football and T'n'F cocktails have the same dimensions.

Are you able to supply me with the dimensions for this cocktail and it's extension base (if you have it)?  I can then compile them in CAD format as soon as I've finished the Taito ones.

Also, as a general note.  If people are wondering why I'm so interested in cab dimensions..... I live in Australia... 'The Land of NO Classic Cabs'. (Rare!!)

Cheers

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2004, 10:47:38 pm »
AlexSledge,

I have been tracking down someone for dimensions for a 'Track 'n' Field' Cocktail for about 18months.  I had two people offer, however I haven't heard from them in a year (must be my bad breath :) ).  As far as I'm aware, the Atari Football and T'n'F cocktails have the same dimensions.

Are you able to supply me with the dimensions for this cocktail and it's extension base (if you have it)?  I can then compile them in CAD format as soon as I've finished the Taito ones.

Also, as a general note.  If people are wondering why I'm so interested in cab dimensions..... I live in Australia... 'The Land of NO Classic Cabs'. (Rare!!)

Cheers

Spriggy I have a contact with a Track n Field cocktail I think I can get some good dims for you...  give me a little time to get them.

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2004, 11:18:14 pm »
Jakobud,

Lovely!!  Thanks for the T'n'F offer.   Beautiful and simplistic looking cocktails if I do say so myself.

I'll email the 'Taito' plans when I'm finished for you to play with and post.

Cheers

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2004, 12:38:06 am »
Jakobud,

Lovely!!  Thanks for the T'n'F offer.   Beautiful and simplistic looking cocktails if I do say so myself.

I'll email the 'Taito' plans when I'm finished for you to play with and post.

Cheers

Yes the T n F cocktail is really a nice one.  Almost a forgotten design among homebrew cocktails...

Yes please email me the plans whenever you get them done and I'll post them!

AlexSledge

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2004, 08:14:22 am »
I sure can. I don't have the extension base. This is what I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6110351497&rd=1

Note that that one is not mine.

AlexSledge,

Cheers

AlexSledge

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2004, 08:16:55 am »
I need to check them out again, when I looked last (admittedly a while ago) it didn't look like there was enough there to build a complete "box" of a cab on the one or two I checked out.

I didn't check out all cab plans, but the ones I saw didn't just give the side view. The plans I saw where detailed enough to build a cab from scratch. IIRC there typically are 3 files in a plan (Side view, Side view with cross boards and the front view). The plans also include CP dimensions, marquee dimensions, monitor position etc.

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2004, 04:41:22 pm »
I sure can. I don't have the extension base. This is what I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6110351497&rd=1

Note that that one is not mine.

Excellent!
Can't get enough help I say!

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 04:44:48 pm by spriggy »

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2004, 08:06:45 am »
*Just a quick update*

Have started the Taito Cabinet Plans.  Long ways off finishing, but started non-the-less.  They'll stay at their current stage until I receive my original CP and other parts that are currently being shipped.

Here's a quick dodgy jpeg...   ::)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 08:08:48 am by spriggy »

hunky_artist

• Offline Offline
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2004, 05:28:48 pm »
dodgy jpg's are more than welcome when they have a few measurements on them  ;D

this is, and will... help me loads.. thanks for this

Laurent

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2004, 12:01:38 am
  • Si j'avais des dents, j'te les vendrais...
    • Nouvel Empire!
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2004, 05:06:38 pm »
Can't you include also plans for original control layouts?!

And what about Mortal Kombat. Was it the same cabinet used for every Midway fighters? (MK2, MK3/UMK3, MK4, KI and KI2)

Wade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2023, 08:30:51 pm
  • 80's Child
    • Wade's Gameroom
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2004, 11:47:30 am »
Spriggy and others,

I'm afraid the Atari Football and Track and Field cocktails are very similar, but not exactly the same.  I have a T&F cocktail I could measure if no one else gets to it first, but it would be a couple of weeks.  I am behind by a week or two, and my brother is out of town this week so I can't get the Taito sideart from him until this weekend at the soonest.

Wade

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2004, 03:11:58 pm »

And what about Mortal Kombat. Was it the same cabinet used for every Midway fighters? (MK2, MK3/UMK3, MK4, KI and KI2)

No, they are different.  Similar, but different, especially around the kickplate/coindoor panel.

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2004, 08:46:30 pm »
Spriggy and others,

I'm afraid the Atari Football and Track and Field cocktails are very similar, but not exactly the same.  I have a T&F cocktail I could measure if no one else gets to it first, but it would be a couple of weeks.  I am behind by a week or two, and my brother is out of town this week so I can't get the Taito sideart from him until this weekend at the soonest.

Wade

Excuse my ignorance.  I'll get my facts straight next time I shoot my mouth off!   :-X   :)

Oh well.  Looks like we'll have plans for a T'N'F and an Atari Football cocktail!!

When dimensions become available to me.. I'll start them up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:48:22 pm by spriggy »

MinerAl

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2023, 07:11:28 am
  • duck
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2004, 09:41:26 pm »
Ignorant of the Atari Football sub thread here I posted limited dimensions for mine on Paige's Giant Coctail thread.

I hope these'll help somebody make plans.  I'll do specific measurements and pics if needed.

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2004, 02:27:23 am »
Ignorant of the Atari Football sub thread here I posted limited dimensions for mine on Paige's Giant Coctail thread.

I hope these'll help somebody make plans.  I'll do specific measurements and pics if needed.

I just PM'ed you with some more instruction for them so I can draw them up.

Well get TnF soon too.  And I'll get those Dunk Shot cocktail dimensions from paige too!

spriggy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2004, 05:58:32 am »
I just scored the general side dimensions and angles for the T'n'F cocktail.  Excellent.

I just need to get the dimensions for the control panel (which could be fairly closely worked out from the side dimensions anyway), dimensions for the coin door location, access door and extension base height.

I also need the offset dimensions for the access door and opposite side, the glass and the cp itself (ie the access door, cp and glass are not level with the cabinet edges, but offset! Looks about 1/2".)

Also, how is the underside of the control panels constructed.  The Atari football cocktail has a long piece of particle/mdf board which the monitor mounts on, this also extends to cover the underside of the control panel.  Is the Track 'n' Field cocktail built the same?? (see attached Atari Football drawing)

I hope you understood all that...  I almost don't.. ;D

These dimensions would be very easy to obtain.  The plans won't take long to knock up either.

Any help!!

Jakobud,  I can compile these and send them to you whilst you compile the Atari Football.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 06:17:18 am by spriggy »

MinerAl

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2023, 07:11:28 am
  • duck
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2004, 09:24:32 pm »
The player 1 CP on the Atari Football (the one to the left of the coin door anyway) isn't on the sliding monitor board.  Its underside is only big enough to extend to the main body of the cab.  The sliding monitor board butts up to it.  So you can take the monitor and player 2 CP off together, and still have player 1 CP in place and unaltered.

Laurent

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2004, 12:01:38 am
  • Si j'avais des dents, j'te les vendrais...
    • Nouvel Empire!
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2004, 12:00:24 am »
No, they are different.  Similar, but different, especially around the kickplate/coindoor panel.
Then I'll need those as well... ;oP

I might check if I can mesure up something as old as MK4 at my local arcade...

Tilzs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2011, 10:41:56 am
  • Neat
    • Cocktail Arcade
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2004, 12:25:29 am »
I have an operation wolf and an outrun cab sitting in my basement. Does anyone want measurements? The op wolf is pretty unique and there are a lot of angles / pieces on it.