Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HELP!!! printing out marque on banner paper athome  (Read 2963 times)

me

• Trade Count: (0)
HELP!!! printing out marque on banner paper athome
« on: June 22, 2002, 12:23:48 pm »
helllllo... :)
okay here is the deal..i am just about done on my second cab...first is all broken and lives in the garbage these days :P....my question was..how i print out marque using banner paper..25X9...i looked around the web...did not find any info....KINCOS charges $25 :-/ for a print that big..i wish i was rich enough.....anybody with info please help :-[...post here..or mail me...i am guessing i have to use some software....thanks in advance to anyone who gives out info.. ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Johnny the MAMEr

Re: HELP!!! printing out marque on banner paper at
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 04:35:04 pm »
Well it's been a while since I did mine but I do recall going deep into the settings on the printer and chosing the banner paper. I cranked the resolution up all the way up and it took 45 min. to print it out.  
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/sugg3d/MAME/Marquee.html

me

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 09:37:18 pm »
well....i did see your site..the MK cabinet...i am using WINDOWS XP...and got a EPSON PRINTER>>>>any other help???..please please :'( :'( :'(

Johnny the MAMEr

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2002, 10:14:28 pm »
I used a Epson stylus color 600. I have WinMe so you might have a variation to these instructions.

Here's what you need to do from the control panel.

1st crank up your resolution by clicking on: Control panel, printers, epson icon, printer,properties, main,advanced, more settings, print quality to 1440dpi, OK button.

Now for the paper: printers,epson,printer,properties,paper,user defined (now put in a numer of inches that exceeds the length of your marquee & hit the landscape button while your here), apply button.

Start printing your file and go watch an episode of Starcade on G4 because it'll take almost that long for it to print out.

Let me know if you have any problems.

me

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 10:46:28 pm »
;D ;Dokayyyy....thanks for the info..i have access to win me...and the printer is usb...so i will try and let you know...again thanks for the info...i will post up the cabinet as soon as i am done....thanks ;D