Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A Different Superman Arcade to be. Tlk269  (Read 3013 times)

Tlk269

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2011, 07:31:51 am
A Different Superman Arcade to be. Tlk269
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:25:12 pm »
(First of all, sorry for my English)..

Hello,

A few weeks i got to buy an arcade from someone that make a few years ago a lot of money from them..
Some of the arcades that he had, when to the garbage because he never pick them up from the coffees and the owners didn't want them anymore..
I got one in great shape but with a lot A LOT.. of dust inside and outside.. even with spiders inside. but it was fully working.
Now i am going to change colour for red and blue, am i going to buy some cp, marquee, header and side artwork from the original superman arcade (the cabinet was a little ugly ..) and i am going to make as my taste.
Hope that you like it and give me some ideas please
thank you all
(lets try spell check now :p )
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:28:12 pm by Tlk269 »

Harakiri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2014, 05:02:37 am
  • Invisible member status
Re: A Different Superman Arcade to be. Tlk269
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:54:27 am »
Bem vindo ao fórum!

Já há bastantes anos que não via uma Hyper Video e ainda por cima em tão bom estado de conservação!
Lamento informar-te mas esta secção do fórum é destinada a máquinas de vídeo dedicadas, ou seja, com hardware específico a um jogo apenas e toda a sua decoração alusiva:

A maioria das máquinas de vídeo em Portugal nos inícios da década de 90 vinham equipadas com o sistema JAMMA (Japan Arcade Machine Manufacturers' Association) que era um protocolo padrão que consistia numa ficha de 56 pistas e ligava a todas as placas (PCBs) com esse mesmo sistema.

Exemplo de uma ficha "JAMMA" ligada a uma placa (jogo).

O teu tópico será movido para a secção "Project Announcements" pois essa máquina não se encaixa na categoria de máquina dedicada e podes sempre beneficiar do sistema JAMMA para a converter numa multi-jogo.

És do norte de Portugal?

- Translation:

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't seen a Hyper Video in such good condition for a very long time!
I regret to inform you but this section of the forum is destined for dedicated arcade machines, which were manufactured with specific hardware and game art:

(...)

Most early 90's Portuguese arcade cabinets were generic JAMMA (Japan Arcade Machine Manufacturers' Association) which is a standard protocol that consisted of 56-way socket to connect JAMMA PCBs (Games).

Reference image:

(...)

Your topic will be moved to the "Project Announcements" because that cabinet does not fit the category of dedicated arcade and you can always benefit from the JAMMA system for multi-game conversion.

Do you live in north Portugal?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:47:50 pm by Harakiri »