Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat 4 PC Patch  (Read 11744 times)

8way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
Mortal Kombat 4 PC Patch
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:06:17 am »
Hi, does anyone have or know were i can download the official/update patch for this game? It's the last patch that Midway released, patch #3. And on a side note, does anyone know how to have the background music without the CD in the drive. My cab does not have an optical drive and i would really like this game on their with some music.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Mortal Kombat 4 PC Patch
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:39:37 pm »
Hi, does anyone have or know were i can download the official/update patch for this game? It's the last patch that Midway released, patch #3. And on a side note, does anyone know how to have the background music without the CD in the drive. My cab does not have an optical drive and i would really like this game on their with some music.

That game is old and busted, and midway is now out of business.  Try a google search for "Mortal Kombat Enhanced" and you should be able to find the best version of mk4. 

8way

• Offline Offline
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 04:26:26 am »

That game is old and busted, and midway is now out of business.  Try a google search for "Mortal Kombat Enhanced" and you should be able to find the best version of mk4. 

Thanks but im not really interested in that "Mortal Kombat Enhanced". For this cab I only have two options when it comes to MK4, one is the PC version and the other is the N64 version (I don't really care for MK Gold for DC). I really wanted the PC version over the N64 version but without this patch i might have to change my mind. I just can't believe i can't find this patch, I just hope someone that has it reads this.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:08:38 am »
I can remember when mk4 has still relevant and you couldn't find the last patch even then.  I'm not sure it it exists. 

mk enchanced is NOT the gold version... it's the pc version.  All it does is patch the game so that it will actually run and puts the higher poly count mk gold models in place.  You don't get the new gold characters or gameplay or anything... it just "enhances" the regular version... thus the name.  I mentioned it because it's far more easy to find this floating around than the regular pc patches.

The n64 version actually looks better than the pc version btw.  The special effects on the pc version look very flat and fake for some reason.  The n64 version was the highest rated of the three ports back in the day with the only benefit of using the pc/psx version being fmv endings. 

Just something to think about. 

8way

• Offline Offline
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:00:54 pm »
The patch definitely existed, all the dead links i find point to Midways site before WB took over. I have the game installed on my cab and only have one problem, the FMV's skip. So it runs fine and looks pretty good on my standard res monitor, much better then on a PC monitor. I read that the patch fixes the FMV's that's why im looking for it. I also read that the "Mortal Kombat Enhanced" mod made the game unstable that's why im not too interested in that, but i might try it and see for myself. The N64 version does sound good, but i do remember having some sound issues with PJ64 emulator, might have to give it another try. This game is giving me more trouble then its really worth, but i just want it on the cab to complete the collection. Thanks for your input.

pharoah007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2017, 07:27:26 pm
  • Why buy it when you can BUILD it!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »
what about getting a MK4 JAMMA PCB?   They can be had for cheap. 

8way

• Offline Offline
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 07:37:20 am »
what about getting a MK4 JAMMA PCB?   They can be had for cheap. 

Were??? I see one on Ebay for $299, jammaboards.com had it for $189 but now out of stock. Not really what i consider cheap, not when you can pick up the pc version for $10.

Yoeddy1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2022, 12:40:23 am
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:37 pm »
Official MK4 PC Patch attched.  Enjoy!   :D

I would also like to know how to get music to play without the cd.

Jason
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:49:23 pm by Yoeddy1 »

8way

• Offline Offline
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 01:15:31 am »
Official MK4 PC Patch attched.  Enjoy!   :D

I would also like to know how to get music to play without the cd.

Jason

Thank you very much, im looking into playing BG music without the CD.