Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dual Strike - Controller for PS3, xbox1, PC, xbox360 piggy and KeyBoard Encoder  (Read 16125 times)

bencao74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2015, 07:04:23 pm
Hey,
 time to present the Dual Strike Arcade Controller here. Dual Strike was originally made for versus fighting Arcade Sticks like this ones here:

After developing Dual Strike since almost 1-2 years we`re now at FW Version 3.1.

In short here`re some features

* PS3, xbox1, PC HID Gamecontroller and keyboard encoder for MAME. Chance to piggyback a xbox360 controller pcb
    * Auto-Detect of consoles PS3, xbox1, PC gamecontroller, xbox360 piggyback
    * Keyboard Encoder designed for default mame button layout
    * Configurable via host software and without
    * 4 Button Layouts for Keyboard Encoder
    * Button Layouts can be activated on the fly and in game
    * Player1 and Player2 button layouts can be switched on one player CPO
    * 20 screw terminal ports for connecting all of your wires.
    * No soldering required.
    * USB type B jack for connecting any standard USB cable.
    * Piggyback interface for even easier installation of pass-through PCBs.
    * Integrated switch interface for USB pass-through functionality. Any two wire protcoll can be supplied to the switch.
    * Separate connection points for all power lines and signals.
    * Mounting holes for easy installation inside your arcade board or cab.
    * Easy Firmware update
    * Joystick mode switch for left, right analogue stick and digital pad (like on MadCatz Fightsticks and Fightpads)
    * Emulation of a joystick mode switch for the pass-through device (like a MadCatz Fightstick and Fightpad PCB)

The docs are here
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AV5ukYTEiJk3ZGRmNGpjOG5fOGdremduZnZo&hl=en

Ok, before talking to much, here`re some pics.

You can read in my blog about the Dual strike development (http://bencao74.blogspot.com/search/label/Dual%20Strike%20PCB)

Find in my shop the Dual Strike PCB

http://www.arcadeforge.de
http://wp1114205.wp150.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress/?page_id=127

The project is open source and the comunity is very active. There exists projects like TEasy, which extends Dual Strike. TEasy connects Madcatz TE xbox360 pcb without need to solder

REVIEW CALL

For making an independent review I`ll give Dual Strike PCBs for free. Reviewer should have some experience and a setup suitable for this device :cab or arcade stick and one or more of the consoles xbox1, PS3, PC with MAME setup, xbox360 (padhack needed). PM me if you`re interested to make a review.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:21:36 am by bencao74 »

PunkRockCaveman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2012, 07:39:58 am
I could test this ... I have a couple of sticks here, which I just use for the mak ... do you think it's possible to install a Dual Strike parallel?

cheers, prc

bencao74

• Offline Offline
MAK, sure, just wire it down to your button via the srrew terminals and you`re. You even don`t need to turn on your solder iron ;)

PM me..

Bye,

Jochen

bencao74

• Offline Offline
So, I`ve two testers. One more is welcome...

bencao74

• Offline Offline
added some more features...

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 08:02:44 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
PM sent.  I'd be glad to check this out.   :cheers:

bencao74

• Offline Offline
perfectthen, review call is closed... Dual Strikes are sent out...

bencao74

• Offline Offline
review is on the way. currently we`re working on a alternative firmware for this board. This alternative firmware will include a trackball / spinner interface and has a configurable keyboard interface.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
My review of the Dual Strike Controller

BobA

PDF of review attached

bencao74

• Offline Offline
Thanks a lot BobA! This review is great, very well strucutred and I`m sure helpfull for many poeple

I`m glad that you had a chance to get look into the MAME features like this one:

The Dual Strike made an excellent add on control panel for the 2nd player on my bartop. I had been using a USB joystick but using a real control panel for the second player adds a lot to the playability of the
bartop. To connect to the minipac inside the bartop would have required a 13 wire cable and connectors so the addition of a player 2 panel using the dual strike required just a usb connection.

and the points about the xbox support
Running Mamedox on the Xbox and using the Dual Strike was as simple as plugging it in. No controller hack is required. The Dual Strike worked as soon as it was plugged in. It was the easiest single player arcade controller that I have ever made for an Xbox.

Thanks again :)

bencao74

• Offline Offline
 I was playing around with a firmware pre-release :) Dual Strike works now with Trackballs and Spinners... :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFADPaqu0hg[/video]

;) what a bad quality :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TarmJ90Y9Cs[/video]

Equipment under Test

- Suzo Trackball 2.25" both versions active high and low
- Utrak Ultimarc 3" transparent Trackball

Thanks to Jan from the www.Arcadeshop.de for the test equipment.

I compared it to trackball USB controller from ultimarc.

It turns out that Dual Strike Trackball Firmware has a much higher resolution. All trackballs was working with Dual Strike.

bencao74

• Offline Offline
v3 is coming, any needs or wishes?

Sheila

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2011, 09:25:01 pm
review is on the way. currently we`re working on a alternative firmware for this board. This alternative firmware will include a trackball / spinner interface and has a configurable keyboard interface.

buy dstt m3 for sale

To connect to the minipac inside the bartop would have required a 13 wire cable and connectors so the addition of a player 2 panel using the dual strike required just a usb connection.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:25:01 pm by Sheila »

bencao74

• Offline Offline
long time no update here. So here`re the pics of hardware version 3. Dual Strike comes no cleaned up connection in more comfortable screw terminal size 5mm. For external Padhacks there is the piggyback connector.

Available in the http://www.ArcadeForge.DE as well on http://www.arcadeshop.de

sharpfork

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
I also can recommend using the Dual Strike for an xBox 1 application.  After getting the correct cable in place (you probably already have one if you did a soft mod), the dual strike is truly plug and play on both xBox1 and PC MAME.

The pic below is the Dual Strike test wired in the Dynamo HS-5 cabinet with a custom soldered xBox male to USB Type B male connector.  This is super easy to make as you just connect the same color wire and disregard the yellow wire coming from the xBox.

I'll do a more formal write up later.

sharpfork

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 12:43:42 pm
    • KADE
I'm now testing the x360 functionality by adding a pad hack.  I can now swap the USB plug between my PC, xBox1, and x360 without having to change anyhting.  The Autodetect functionality works great!  I don't have to mess around with pushing buttons when I turn on a console, this would be a pain since I have my consoles and PC in a cabinet.

I used a x360 brawlpad and an old IDE harddrive cable.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:42:14 pm by sharpfork »