Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LED Wiz / LED Blinky - turn off on shutdown  (Read 2297 times)

86atc250r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2012, 04:17:43 pm
LED Wiz / LED Blinky - turn off on shutdown
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:54:25 am »
Hello all,

I've got a cabinet that has an LED Wiz, some RGB's in the buttons, and I'm running an older version of LED Blinky.

Problem is- I have a button that causes a windows shutdown when I want to power the machine down.   Thing is, the LEDs remain in whatever state they were in at the time the shutdown/power up button is pressed after the PC shuts down.   This has caused one of my blue LEDs to actually go out in one of the buttons and I can tell a couple others are beginning to go weak - this is after only a little less than a year's usage.

I'd like to know a way to issue an all off command before the shutdown happens.   I've tried a couple things now with no success.   Anyone got a script or some other method to get this done?   I've done a bunch of searching with no luck so far.

FWIW this is an XP box running MALA, LED Blinky, LED Wiz, etc...

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:01:48 am by 86atc250r »

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LED Wiz / LED Blinky - turn off on shutdown
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:03 am »
Create a batch or script file and execute this command:
"<path>\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe" 2
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

86atc250r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2012, 04:17:43 pm
Re: LED Wiz / LED Blinky - turn off on shutdown
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:14:10 am »
Cool, I'll give that a try -- tried something similar (can't remember the value I used) and it prevented the machine from shutting down.  We'll see if this works better, or maybe I need to cause the script to execute in a different manner (I used group policy editor to set the shutdown script).

Thanks