Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 1974 Williams Lucky Ace Pinball - Restore  (Read 6624 times)

david656

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2017, 10:06:24 am
  • Big Man!
1974 Williams Lucky Ace Pinball - Restore
« on: May 30, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »
Hi,

I recently picked up a Lucky Ace EM Pinball, I bought it as 'not working' with the plan to repair it.

I've been looking over http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm#what that website and found some valuable techniques.

the machine in its current state has coin mech lights on and backboard lights on, the score wheel will reset however the credit wheel doesn't seem to be doing much.

If you push start the score reels 'zero' however the ball doesn't drop to the plunger and the flippers are powerless. what should i be looking out for?

please see the attached pictures of what looks like 2 parts of the machine are missing.

edit: also the actual playing field isn't lit up either.

edit: the 2 loose wires are for a coin counter.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:29:24 pm by david656 »

meany

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 02:12:23 pm
  • Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed....
Re: 1974 Williams Lucky Ace Pinball - Restore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »
missing from pic 1 is the plum bob.  This is used as the tilt mech.  It is not needed to make the game function.

david656

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2017, 10:06:24 am
  • Big Man!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:44:13 pm »
Hi,

a little update and question, the machine is looking LOADS better... (see picture below). I've been slowly cleaning and soldering bulb sockets, rebuilding the flippers etc and overall its been going good.

Today i decided to clean and rebuild the score motor motor, it seems that was a bad idea as now its not working, I fiddled about and got it running at half speed and not sounding too healthy. Can i order a replacement or is my current motor still salvageable?

thanks

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 08:42:20 pm
  • Game over man game over
    • The Cab
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:45:54 am »
i am cleaning one of these up myself right now..... I started with cleaning all contacts in the ballcount unit in the back next to the score reels and clean all contact on the score motor that lives in the bottom of the cab.  This is just a good place to start cleaning but dont go nuts and destroy all the contacts just use a piece of paper to clean them with.