Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade menu 'slipping'  (Read 3421 times)

Jefferson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2024, 08:50:59 pm
Maximus Arcade menu 'slipping'
« on: March 15, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »
First off, I love MA. This has only happened once or twice, and I'm able to fix it by exiting and relaunching, but here's the problem:

I go into my mame 'favorites' game list, and the thumbnail vids are wrong. When a game is selected, it shows the thumbnail for the game ABOVE it on the list. And when its selected, it launches the wrong rom (the one from the thumbnail preview.) So its like the whole menu has 'slipped' down one entry and its not being reflected on screen. Maybe this is a sideeffect of me adding to the list within the frontend, or deleting from the preferences. Just wondering if anyone's come across it. If it comes up more often I'll be sad. I'm running Maximus 2.10 and Mame .135

RobbyMac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2019, 06:48:50 pm
  • My New years Resolution is 1400 x 900.
    • My cabinet build
Re: Maximus Arcade menu 'slipping'
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »
I've not been running mine very long (maybe 2 months or so?). I have the same versions (.135 & 2.1). I have not noticed any problems like you described. I run about 6 different favorites lists.

metallimaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2012, 05:11:08 pm
    • DebugStation
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:45:31 pm »
I'm having this exact same problem. I don't think it's MAME's fault as it's happening to my other rom lists too (just my normal game lists, as I dont use favourites).

I find that it's the 5th rom on the list where the error occurs. There must be some setting somewhere in MA 2.10 causing this.

I'd like to know how to fix this, unless I figure it out myself. In that case, I'll report back with the solution.

EDIT: After messing about a little... I checked the 'Extended search for images and movies' option in the MA preferences and this has fixed this problem for me :) Hopefully it works for you too

2ND EDIT: Well my lists have messed up again. But I've found another way around it (kinda). Just edit the skin and delete the game list text. The screenshots and marquees will always show the right game, so you wouldn't really notice the rom list 'slipping' if there was no rom list there.

Just a thought...I'm gonna do it to my skin :p
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:36:03 pm by metallimaniac »

metallimaniac

• Offline Offline
    • DebugStation
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:14:31 pm »
I hope someone knows how to fix this.

Thought i'd post a screenshot of what it's doing for me.

The screenshot shows Street Fighter Alpha 3 (which is the correct game) but the rom list says that it's Street Fighter Alpha 2.
I still can't figure this out, and my idea of removing the rom list from the theme works great, but leaves the theme quite bare so it gets boring after a while.

EDIT: Kay...might have found the problem. I think it's summit to do with the Theme. Everything is fine when i use the default themes. I checked the properties of how the rom list on the default Theme is set out and copied them to my theme.
I.E. Leading:37, Size:22, Lines:11.

I'm not sure which of these settings has fixed it, but now I dont have this 'slipping' problem with my Theme.

Was it a custom theme that you are using, Jefferson?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:28:01 pm by metallimaniac »

metallimaniac

• Offline Offline
    • DebugStation
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:13:11 pm »
Done :)

That's in the Theme section now. Tis 'Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Theme'