Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What software do you use for touchscreen juke  (Read 4321 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:03:02 pm
What software do you use for touchscreen juke
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:17 pm »
I wonder what would be the best option to use, since im goin to build  a touchscreen juke, so far i tried skjukebox, fast but lacs some futures, xlloby, its nice but kind of slow, unclest s looks more like a media player then a jukebox software ( a good one) and vmj its kind of slow.... so iwas wndering if theres more, fast and with a touch of a real juke.... thanks for reading

orion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
Re: What software do you use for touchscreen juke
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:38:14 pm »
I wonder what would be the best option to use, since im goin to build  a touchscreen juke, so far i tried skjukebox, fast but lacs some futures, xlloby, its nice but kind of slow, unclest s looks more like a media player then a jukebox software ( a good one) and vmj its kind of slow.... so iwas wndering if theres more, fast and with a touch of a real juke.... thanks for reading

Are you having problems with Xlobby? The only time I notice it being slow is when it first boots. Another Jukebox software program that I think is really good that you haven't mentioned is Album Player.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:29:21 am »
Have you tried out freebox?

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com

It does cost $25 but there is a demo that will run for 30 minutes to give you a sample of it. There is also a really early version (V2) that is freeto download.

I am the author of the software, thought i should get that in there incase you were not sure.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:43:28 pm »
I dont have problems at all with xlobby, my computer its the one its kind a slow, i think i need to upgrade the video card, but i must say the search function it does takes some time to find what i want, and about freebox, i might give it i try...

squirrellydw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2021, 11:30:22 am
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 12:00:25 pm »
I use freebox
I b**ch. People listen!!

Gremlin73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2011, 04:17:25 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 01:38:33 pm »
I use SK Jukebox and mostly have it on random also it looks great if you use the scroll albums screen saver, i do wish however it had sound leveling like silverjuke if only salmon king went back to it i would even pay to update!

Fordman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 11:20:27 am
  • MADE in the USA
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 02:39:43 pm »
I use E-Touch formerly known as Freebox. Extremely easy to use and the support is second to none. An update is due in the next few days and updated every couple of weeks. The best $25.00 you will ever spend on a piece of jukebox software! www.freeboxjukebox.com

:cheers:

Fordman

Paladin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2022, 05:13:19 pm
  • Mmmm llamaburgers!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 11:33:36 pm »
Another vote for E-Touch aka freebox!

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 10:06:14 am »
I dont have problems at all with xlobby, my computer its the one its kind a slow, i think i need to upgrade the video card, but i must say the search function it does takes some time to find what i want, and about freebox, i might give it i try...

Yea, searching by letter in coverflow, I find to be really slow. This seems to be something with the plugin Xdatabase I think, but the things you can do with that plugin are really cool.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 06:34:54 pm »

Yea, searching by letter in coverflow, I find to be really slow. This seems to be something with the plugin Xdatabase I think, but the things you can do with that plugin are really cool.
So Orion, i really dont want non of the fancy stuff, i just want a simple touchscreen jukebox only for the 250gb of music i have, so i guess my question is, can you remove the plugin and speed things up on xlobby?

Tinydane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2010, 04:21:59 pm
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 12:13:46 pm »
Anyone know what's up with the freebox web site?  I try to go to it and it won't load.  The one time it did load it had no graphics or anything and the text that was visible was scattered.

Is there another means to order/check out this software?

Fordman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 11:20:27 am
  • MADE in the USA
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 01:19:31 pm »
For some reason, the site is responding slow. I think it is an ISP issue that Barry is having. I'll see if I can find a link to the demo software and post it here.

Fordman

Here is the link for the demo: http://iamkizer.ipower.com/freeboxjukebox/files/Setup5023-DEMO.rar

It is on a different server so it should download quick!

or you can read this thread for full details:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90390.0

Fordman
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 01:33:03 pm by Fordman »

Tinydane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2010, 04:21:59 pm
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 02:28:44 pm »
Thanks.

Just downloaded the demo and am checking it out now.

Is there a way to remove the existing database?  I set it to scan my full folder (which isn't cleaned up) and want to just mess aroudn with it with just a few folders of songs but seems like it wants to see all 5000 i loaded the first time.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 03:01:52 pm »

So Orion, i really dont want non of the fancy stuff, i just want a simple touchscreen jukebox only for the 250gb of music i have, so i guess my question is, can you remove the plugin and speed things up on xlobby?

Yes I can certainly strip out everything other than the non jukebox stuff and see how that works for you. In all honesty I haven't tried Xlobby with that much music, as I only own about 30 gigs worth. I can imagine that it would run kind of slow for you. Do you want it to just boot into the jukebox menu, and do away with the weather and pics as well? Let me know, and I will try and get it done here soon, but due to a death in the family it might be a few weeks until I can get to it.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 04:29:39 pm »

Actually, this only took a few minutes so here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmmkdmmqamj/Orion Simple.zip

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »

You shopuldnt bother, thanks for your attention.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 10:21:05 pm »

You shopuldnt bother, thanks for your attention.

It was a nice distraction, plus I was wanting to make a simple version for my laptop anyway. All I have to do now is clean it up a bit to run on a 1280x800 display. At any rate this skin is about as stripped down as Xlobby gets, if this doesn't speed things up for you, than Xlobby probably won't work for you. I think E touch is pretty nice and will hopefully run a lot smoother on your machine :)

kizer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2012, 07:25:30 pm
    • Links4jeeps.com
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 07:19:47 pm »
Another satisfied user of Freebox for the last few years.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 05:37:47 am »
Thanks.

Just downloaded the demo and am checking it out now.

Is there a way to remove the existing database?  I set it to scan my full folder (which isn't cleaned up) and want to just mess aroudn with it with just a few folders of songs but seems like it wants to see all 5000 i loaded the first time.

You can generate the database again pointing to the folder with the test albums in and that should then only show those. If you want to delete the database then you need to remove and .REC and .CVR files in the E-touch folder along with the GENRES, YEARS and ARTIST Folders if you created those.