Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: World cup Soccer 1/2 6 pack  (Read 3265 times)

240z

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2009, 10:16:39 pm
World cup Soccer 1/2 6 pack
« on: October 18, 2009, 07:09:18 pm »
I have been trolling around here for 6 months or so. Ever since the addiction hit bad. But now my fix is broken and  I need help. I have a WCS or 3 that I picked up . Got one together the other night It actually booted first try but has switch row errors 1-6  I tried the test that marvin3m spells out and get same errors on the cpu pins. So should I replace the u20 first then go from there? I guess I need reassurance . Also I have a Dirty Harry did the pin out test to make sure I was doing it right it reported each correctly.Pinballjim Please don't pass this by because Dirty Harry is involved  :lol , I saw he was one of your favorites while trolling.
 Thanks,

Frank
  My  collection of problems
  Dirty Harry
  Cyclone
  Judge Dredd
  Whirlwind
  3 WCS to make 1
  Alien Star
Arcade games
60 in one Pac Man Standup
Galaga standup
Multi-Williams Standup

I realize I have a problem. Seeing that 70% were aquired last 8 months.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:43:11 pm by 240z »

240z

• Offline Offline
Re: World cup Soccer 1/2 6 pack
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:34:39 am »
Yes 3 ebay had 3 non working euro's missing boards $1125 for the set.Nice to meet you Pinballjim. They are pretty complete. One had a Plate blocking the goal behind the goalie so you could not score! will post a pic :laugh2: Just so wrong. I would have broken open to coin door to get my money back or beaten the operator. Had to be in an airport or something like that. There is an Avnet up the road so I am getting the uln2803 today. I am just a puss when it comes to messing with boards. I know it is socketed but still I have a heavy hand.At least my wife only is slighty irratated at the living room being a pinball disaster area.
Thanks,
   Frank

240z

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:35:14 pm »
Will try the reseating. Avnet here was a sales office only  :banghead: . My furnace died so that has my attention now . But not for long.
Thanks,
    Frank

240z

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 06:05:36 pm »
Well it was the chip. Had to get a new one. Reseating didn't work. But I ordered ten from Arrow overnighted cost me 19.49 for 10 overnight. Well that was it . Striker Lives  :notworthy:  :applaud: now the fun starts I have a few issues on the field but otherwise I think I can make a really nice world cup from these 3. Thanks Pinballjim I am sure I will have more questions . Sad thing is I have never played the game . As in ever .  My 4 year old son saw the Doggie machine "WCS" I have looked at 3 before this for him all were crap. I played it crippled tonight for a bit when it came up was sweet now I have my hands full.  :cheers:
Thanks,
    Frank

240z

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 04:58:49 pm »
        Fun machine . At least when I can peel my 4 year old off .Has had my full attention since the board issue was sorted out. Has one switch error EOS right flipper that's what fliptronics is for :lol A lazy operator. Other than that have a cardboard shim between the metal ramp and plastic where the ball goes under the plastic was catching there. Also top ramp uturn is stripped at the top mount on the wall, catching the ball at in ramp under it but playable. Also burn gi molex. I am enjoying it so much I am keeping it rigged and open instaed of taking it apart to fix. ;D
           Sad its got me so enchanted, that 40 gallons of beer need to be kegged  :cheers: , Furnace needs to be replaced ( Bad heat exchanger) . I am playing pinball  :applaud:. I have to get some pics on imageshack to post up here . I was going to build one and part out 2 but now I might have to fix 2 .All I'm short is boards.I need a piggyback battery mount and wire  for the wpc-s but cannot find one to save my life. Don't feel like putting an aftermarket on the backbox . Gonna try to load some pics now.

Frank
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:13:50 pm by 240z »

240z

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:30:47 pm »
Heres some pics Goal Block Close ups !!!!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:42:54 pm by 240z »