Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukebox Music Contents Opinion  (Read 1229 times)

Fordman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 11:20:27 am
  • MADE in the USA
Jukebox Music Contents Opinion
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:04:55 am »
Hello All,

Luckily, I'm not having a software or hardware issue with my jukebox http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90031.0. I'm using E-Touch (formerly Freebox) and I love it and couldnt be more happy with it.

My question to the jukebox lovers is:

Lets use artist Ozzy Osbourne. I have all his albumns on CD and have transfered them to my jukebox (MP3). I also have his 'Best of' & 'Greatest Hits' Compilations too.

Should I just dump the single albumns and just use the 'Best Of' compilations? Or use them all.  ???

I'm not short on hard drive space or anything, but when I scroll through my albumns, Ozzy takes up 16 spots and when people scroll through them they kinda mention why so many Ozzy albumns when I can just have the 'Best Of' compilations.   ???

Dump the original albumns or use compilations?

Thanks for the time, :cheers:
Fordman

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
Re: Jukebox Music Contents Opinion
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:54:33 pm »
Personally i run with all the albums. People tend o use the search on my jukebox rather than browsing the albums because as you say they do get bored with browsing through such a large selection. I think i have around 140k albums on my juke but as of 5.00.3 the search routine is now almost instant even with that amount of albums. You can bet your life if you only went for greatest hits people would ask for something you had taken off.