Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Two Bits Ms. Pac control panel artwork comparison  (Read 2568 times)

rotheblog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 10:27:39 pm
    • Rotheblog Arcade
Two Bits Ms. Pac control panel artwork comparison
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:16:50 pm »
Everyone hates Two-Bits.  But I feel like there just isn't enough visual evidence why.  So, that is why I posted tonight about the terrible differences and inaccuracies in the Ms. Pac-man control panel overlay they produce with scans of a Two-Bits reproduction, and an actual control panel scan.  Maybe this exists already somewhere, I know I haven't seen it. (Leave a comment at my site if you have a link)

Anyone want to do some bashing, and help increase the keyword density on this post?  Leave your own negative experience with Two-Bits in the comments, or one you have heard of.

Two-Bits Ms. Pac-man Artwork Incorrect at Rotheblog.com
Rotheblog.com - Classic arcade games blog

CoinOpSpace.com - A social network for collecting arcade games, a friendly community, and a focus on easy content sharing.

I partner with This Old Game to vectorize your arcade artwork.

No PM's. Email at rothecreations@gmail.c

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2024, 06:17:23 pm
Re: Two Bits Ms. Pac control panel artwork comparison
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:01:41 am »
Nice job!

amadama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2019, 04:44:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:32:16 pm »
Wow, big difference. You figure since this guy is the only authorized Namco artwork reproduction guy around he would have the actual artwork!
Thanks for posting this. I'll be doing my own artwork for my Ms. Pac restoration.
Alex

zorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2022, 09:00:38 am
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:56:53 am »
just to let people that I got a scan of a NOS original Ms PacMan CPO. that's curently under vectorisation :D

the scan was provided by Wundercade, see http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=79551.0

given that the scan is perfect and given the work made by Jeff and WunderCade in order to document the differrences beetween original and repro, I guess I'll be abble to provide an accurate  repro
I'm on the planning stage

JoyMonkey

• Voodoo Wiki Master . . .
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2024, 05:52:09 pm
  • Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker
    • JoyMonkey.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:35:39 pm »
Crud.

Hope I'm not stepping on your toes Zorg, but I started vectorizing the CPO also. Here's a PDF of where I'm at.
I guess I should have read this thread before starting it :banghead:

I was thinking of setting it up with the five individual color layers all separated correctly, so if someone wanted to have it silk-screened it would be easier to produce. From looking at the scan (I'm working from the one that was posted on RotheBlog), it seems like the print layers go...
black->blue->red->pink->yellow
...so I started setting it up like that (ie, black is in front and a yellow layer goes behind everything).

I've only got the simpler parts done, but if this will help you out feel free to rip the vectors out of the pdf. I'll probably keep working on it too.

zorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2022, 09:00:38 am
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 10:40:22 am »
thanks for that.

I'll let you know about the progress
I'm on the planning stage

WunderCade

• Hey Saint, wanna update my custom title? ;D
  • Trade Count: (+1)