Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can't delete posts anymore  (Read 2397 times)

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
Can't delete posts anymore
« on: May 16, 2003, 04:54:24 pm »
How come we can't delete posts anymore?  I just posted in the wrong forum, so I copied my post and reposted it in the main forum.  Went back to delete the original and it says invalid referring..um site or something.  I forget now.  But I've noticed that it's happening to everyone else too.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

ImaTest

Re:Can't delete posts anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 07:30:19 pm »
As a new user, I was able to post and delete that same post.  Not sure what's happening.  Can someone who has this error please capture a screenprint and post it or send it to me?  Thanks!

--- saint

How come we can't delete posts anymore?  I just posted in the wrong forum, so I copied my post and reposted it in the main forum.  Went back to delete the original and it says invalid referring..um site or something.  I forget now.  But I've noticed that it's happening to everyone else too.

anthony691

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2016, 03:10:23 pm
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 09:22:06 pm »
Works for me here now :D
Visit my MAME lightgun site:
http://www.lightgun.tk

anthony691

• Offline Offline
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 09:24:39 pm »
I tested it elsewhere and it works now, but it didn't ~ 2 days ago. It brought up a message a la

ERROR!
Invalid referring site.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 11:27:26 pm »
Yeah...I think it was you who changed a message to "I" cos you couldn't delete it, LOL.

Weird.  It sounds like it's intermittent...sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  Those are a pain to troubleshoot.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

anthony691

• Offline Offline
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 12:57:54 am »
Yeah...I think it was you who changed a message to "I" cos you couldn't delete it, LOL.

Weird.  It sounds like it's intermittent...sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  Those are a pain to troubleshoot.

Yeah that was me; I am not having those problems anymore (looks working to me)

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 01:57:44 pm »
The problem is that if you have the menu on the left, this new version of YaBB SE thinks that a different website (.com vs. .org) made the request. And due to new security... That is not allowed. For now, open the message board in a new window.
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!

anthony691

• Offline Offline
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 05:03:37 pm »
The problem is that if you have the menu on the left, this new version of YaBB SE thinks that a different website (.com vs. .org) made the request. And due to new security... That is not allowed. For now, open the message board in a new window.

Ohhhhhh! I have my Hotmail frame above! That explains a lot! Thanks for explaining PJ!