Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Radica Gamester Reflex Dual Force Joystick Xbox  (Read 4101 times)

Biscuit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2012, 04:02:28 pm
  • I'm flakey.
Radica Gamester Reflex Dual Force Joystick Xbox
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:34:29 am »
I don't know anything about the product, but this item is up on www.tanga.com with a substantial discount off of the MSRP.

I think the deal only lasts for aroun 4-5 hours.

slycrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2022, 06:20:59 pm
  • Mmm... Portal.
Re: Radica Gamester Reflex Dual Force Joystick Xbox
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 01:30:09 pm »
Thanks for posting this, I think I'll buy one and rip it apart to put together a new control panel for my xbox arcade machine.

gonzo90017

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2019, 02:41:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:31:37 pm »
Those things are crap. The buttons are too small. The joystick doesn't come up all the way so you find your knuckles continually brushing up the joystick circle.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 02:34:21 pm »

Having your knuckles continually brushing your joystick isn't necessarily a bad thing.

versapak

• Somewhere between a block of wood and a monkey
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2020, 02:42:43 pm
  • I am t3h GAY!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 02:55:01 pm »
Those things are crap. The buttons are too small. The joystick doesn't come up all the way so you find your knuckles continually brushing up the joystick circle.

Have you ever actually used one?

I have 2, and the stick is actually only about a half inch shorter than my Perfect 360s, and it is equally that much taller than the classic Nintendo sticks in my original Popeye.

Also... Your hand brushing the ring? How do you hold the joystick?

The only way that I can think that what you said would be a problem, is if you were all out gripping the thing with your full hand.

I definitely do not do that, or know anyone that does. I hold the stick with the side of my lower palm/wrist resting on the panel, while I manipulate the stick with only my thumb, index and middle fingers gripping it.

The only complaint I would actually have about them, is that they have analog buttons, which maybe makes a little more work for your fingers over the long haul.

Actually...

I just did a press test between them and the HAPP with cherries, and other than the nicer click feel of the HAPPs there was no real difference in force required to press them.

The Nintendo style buttons (they use micro switches, but have a lever with a roller on it that presses them) were MUCH easier to press on the other hand.

Anyway... If you are looking for a cheap and pretty compact arcade stick, they really aren't bad. I actually like them a lot better than the HORI sticks released for the 360, thanks to not having that riculously square action that the HORIs have.

[EDIT]

The HAPP buttons I tested were the vertical ones.

I just tested with some of my horizontal ones, and they are actually much easier to press, so that would be my only gripe about the reflex stick. Also the buttons on the reflex are smaller than standard, but I never actually found that to be a problem.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 03:01:38 pm by versapak »

gonzo90017

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 01:04:33 am »
I have about 6 of them. All my friends who have used them have the same opinion as I do. They're great for small hands. And my grip is the same as yours. Don't get me wrong there definitely worth the 6 dollars but not the 20 I paid for them.

slycrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2022, 06:20:59 pm
  • Mmm... Portal.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:59:32 am »
Yeah, I hadn't realized that the buttons were so small when I ordered one.  I may still try to make a CP work with one, but now I'm not so sure.  But then, that's why I ordered one at the time, at worst I wasted $15.  I'll skip lunch twice and make that back and maybe help lose some weight in the process.  =)

gonzo90017

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 11:53:46 am »
Yeah I messed up ordering 6 at a time. I just wanted to save some bucks on shipping. Oh well, you live you learn.