Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Auto delete bad rom sets?  (Read 2076 times)

alandrogers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2012, 06:46:57 pm
Auto delete bad rom sets?
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:30:07 pm »
Ok.. I read and read, and find some related or confusing info, but no specific answer to this question...

Can I use clrmamepro or romcenter to automatically delete or move bad roms and sets/clones? If so, how do I do that?

I ran clrmamepro to build a split set.

Then I ran mame -verifyroms to get the list. I currently have about 1600 roms and 900 good ones.

Romcenter appears to show the same output as the mame output.

Now, for example, in the verifyroms output, it shows I have 10 yard fight [10yard] is a bad parent, but it has 3 good clones.  I would like to delete the parent and all three clones in one operation.

Is there an option in clrmame or romcenter or some other program, to:

1. delete bad clones if parent ok
and
2. delete/move parent and all clones if parent is bad

option 3: ... From what I've seen so far, the FE's will show the good clones in the gamelist, even though the parent is bad. :( I know any fix for that will depend on the FE.

my setup details. I'm running mame 0117, and still playing with various FE's (gameex, mala, atomic)

also .. mala seems to have a conflict with the new virus scanner I just installed and won't run anymore :(   ... I think I'd rather have mala than the new trial scanner.

swindus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2021, 05:52:50 am
    • MaLa - M.A.M.E. Launcher
Re: Auto delete bad rom sets?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 03:48:13 am »
also .. mala seems to have a conflict with the new virus scanner I just installed and won't run anymore :(   ... I think I'd rather have mala than the new trial scanner.

Some virus scanner don't like the file MalaKeyhook.dll. Just delete it if you don't need a key hook to quit an emu or exclude the file from scanning in your virus scanner.