Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Happ 270 wheel / Pedals to Dreamcast Controller HELP!! - Update  (Read 985 times)

clanggedin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
I just soldering all of the wires to a DC pad and cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire the pad properly to a Happ 270 wheel and pedal. I tried to wire the pedal first, but since the dreamcast auto calibrates the controls I cannot get the gas pedal to work correctly.

The pedal are pot based and there are 3 wires. I connect ground to the middle wire and the right trigger to the left wire and the car will start moving forward without touching the pedal. I have done search after search, but there is on the web that explains how to do this.

Does the wheel and pedals need +5v to run properly on the 3rd pot?

My brain is fried from trying to figure this out...

I have the shifter and start button wired, but cannot for the life of me correctly set up the wheel and pedals.

**** UPDATE*****

OK after many hours of reading I believe that I do need to change the 5k pots to 100k pots. This is usually done when hooking up arcade wheels/pedals to a PC. I did read that someone had to do this to hook the an arcade wheel up to a PS2, so I assume that the pots will need to be upgraded. I will be changing the pots tonight, so tomorrow there should be photos of the cab if it works.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:31:17 pm by clanggedin »