I didn't post an update yesterday because I didn't do anything but route the t-mold slot on the cp and the tv stand bases, and I managed to screw that up. I routed the cp improperly and managed to make the gap 1/16th of an inch off. So, I filled the gap with bondo and called it a day.
Today I sanded the bondo and rerouted it - turned out fine. I also built the tv stand today -
First things first - I measured out the base of the television and using a small scrap peice of 2x4 I drew out where I was mounting the 2x4's.
I mounted the casters on some 1x4's and mounted them to the bottom of the base.
I then drilled some holes through the base, flipped the base over and drilled screws up through the 2x4's. I measured and the optimum height for veiwing will be 3 feet 3 inches. The 2x4's are cut exactly 3 feet high. The MDF is 3/4" and the casters are 2". Close enough!
At this point it needs to be plumbed up and leveled. I took the picture in the driveway, but if you ever do this, make sure you plumb your stuff on a level surface. I rolled this in the garage to plumb it.
Yeah. The braces aren't level - but they'll be hidden and they are doing the job.
I'm sure this would be enough support for a 32" monitor, but to be extra safe, I had a 2x6 laying around that I cut to fit and mounted in as well. I centered the actual tv stand and screwed it into the 2x4's and 2x6. I sat on it and it seemed sturdy enough.
The picture has been compressed or something is causing it to look all wobbly on the bottom. It's not like that really.
Thats pretty much what I could do once I got home from work. Tomorrow I hope to put the tv on it and install the top section and perhaps a few panels.
I've ordered the t-molding (light blue) and I'm painting it black. It's a classic color combination and will compliment my other mame machines. I'd like to be painting this weekend. The computer, which I think is the biggest pain to do is already done and waiting for a home.
Slowly but surely!