Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: US anti-war mother receives fine  (Read 7298 times)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: US anti-war mother receives fine
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2005, 12:35:02 pm »

Everything is a card.  When I got up this morning I played the "it's time to get up for school" card on my son.  When I went to get lunch today I played the "I have $5 card" on the cashier.  When I get home my wife will play the "I cooked it you clean it" card on me.

Life is a game of cards.

JackTucky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2005, 12:44:42 pm »
Then you marry one.

I have sympathy for all military casualties and their families.  I don't have sympathy for Cindy's agenda, however.

And if we're gonna have a "I care more" contest, Mrc, you will win.  You're a caring feeling liberal, and I'm a cold hearted conservative.   

Art
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Dartful Dodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2005, 12:49:30 pm »

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2005, 01:08:17 pm »
I should have done my homework on the photos before posting them, I saw them on anotehr forum and thought they were funny so posted them here.  Anyways, apparently what actually happened is she had the book signing next to Bush's Ranch and the turnout was much lower then expected (around 100 people).  I got this info off a few different news websites, but I think snopes does a good good of putting all the info together:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/sheehan.asp

Also, how is saying her book signing was a flop criticism?  I didn't say anything for or against her message, just that I thought it was funny what happened.

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 02:07:58 pm »
(around 100 people).

It's says earlier in the day, she addressed a standing crowd of 100 people. Nowhere is it claiming that that is the head count of everyone that showed up. I've heard several accounts of people who were volunteering at the camp that upwards of 500 people visited the tent throughout the day.

That she is still able to draw 500 people, in Texas, to a tent in the middle of nowhere isn't exactly what I'd call a "flop".

Also, how is saying her book signing was a flop criticism?

It's not valid criticism if it doesn't take all the facts into account, that's all I'm saying. And for all intents and purposes, it wasn't a "flop."

I didn't say anything for or against her message, just that I thought it was funny what happened.

This is disingenuous at best. A picture is taken out of context and skews one's perception of a particular event, then this picture makes the rounds all over right-wing conservative websites in order to patronize and ridicule a person they are opposed too. You post it here in order to illicit laughs even though the picture does not represent the reality of the event.

I should have done my homework on the photos before posting them, I saw them on anotehr forum and thought they were funny so posted them here.

Well, unfortunately this is how a smear campaign works. They count on people not doing their homework. Hopefully next time you'll be more wary, especially if it's something on a blatantly partisan website or forum.

mrC

fredster

• Grand Prophet of Arcadeology
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 04:28:53 pm
  • It's all good!
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2005, 02:10:14 pm »
Hopefully next time you'll be more wary, especially if it's something on a blatantly partisan website or forum.
  ???

Come now Mr.C.  How's the diary on Kos comming?
King of the Flying Monkeys from the Dark Side

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2005, 02:10:27 pm »
I hear that of that standing crowd, only about 5 people were really listening.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2005, 02:33:17 pm »
Hopefully next time you'll be more wary, especially if it's something on a blatantly partisan website or forum.
  ???

Come now Mr.C.  How's the diary on Kos comming?

How does that invalidate my statement?

I'm wary of everything I read on left-wing sites, and I don't post anything I've heard on Kos unless I can back it up elsewhere myself.

Somehow you equate picking a side with sanctioned lying. No wonder you support the Republicans.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2005, 02:34:29 pm »

PSA:

No wookies were bent in the making of that post.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2005, 02:40:19 pm »
For example, Fredster...right now I'm following a story about the 10 marines killed in Iraq on the 1st. It's now being reported on Kos (via a report from the Navy Times) that the Marines did not die while on "foot patrol" by a "roadside bomb" but were killed by a planted device inside an "abandoned flour factory."

I won't comment on the story any further because it seems that questions have now arisen and I'll wait for corroboration stories from other sources. There's a lot of speculation on Kos as to what the story means, and why there appeared to be an initial "cover-up" story...but I won't go there until further evidence surfaces.

mrC

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2005, 02:48:23 pm »
Now you're playing the dead soldiers 'card'.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2005, 02:58:12 pm »
(around 100 people).

It's says earlier in the day, she addressed a standing crowd of 100 people. Nowhere is it claiming that that is the head count of everyone that showed up. I've heard several accounts of people who were volunteering at the camp that upwards of 500 people visited the tent throughout the day.
I'm sorry if I based my numbers on whats given in the news articles, not on what I've "heard".

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2005, 03:00:36 pm »

It is a nice looking tent, though.

Stingray

• Official Slacker - I promise to try a lot less
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2005, 03:09:09 pm »

PSA:

No wookies were bent in the making of that post.

What's a diorama?

-S
Stingray you magnificent bastard!
This place is dead lately.  Stingray scare everyone off?

JackTucky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2005, 04:15:18 pm »
ChadTower posts make the most sense of all.

Art

*edit*

It is a nice looking tent, though.

It's impossible to argue with ChadTower. 

I like that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 04:16:59 pm by JackTucky »
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2005, 04:25:21 pm »
So you think that it isn't a nice looking tent?

-S

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2005, 07:31:57 pm »

This is disingenuous at best. An article is written out of context and skews one's perception of a particular event, then makes the rounds all over moonbat liberal websites in order to patronize and ridicule a person they are opposed too. You post it here in order to illicit laughs even though the article does not represent the reality of the event.

I think that's about the most intelligent thing ever posted that's attributed to you, even though you don't have the courage to write such truths yourself.

Kudos to you for my honesty.  Now stop being so stupid as to tell us you somehow read into Jack's comments that he was implying Sheehan LIED about her son's death.  You not only read like a dolt in saying it, no one with a shred of COMMON sense would have come CLOSE to thinking he was implying something as inane as that.

Talk about juvenile misrepresentations of someone you don't agree with!
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2005, 07:39:04 pm »
Secondly, Cindy played the "I have a dead soldier for a son 'card'" in her protests

I think she has the right to campaign on the foot of her sons death to bring the others home. I also think she would exchange that 'card' to have her child back alive don't you? Your comment sickens me and is everything that disgusts the world about republican america. Well done.

How about using her son's death to try to further all the rest of her batshit ideas?  Are those valid points to pile on her son's death, even though they haven't a thing to do with her son's death?  If her son had died fighting for one of her OTHER batshit ideas, would that have made him losing his life somehow more tolerable for her?

Unless we bend over and grab our ankles in a fashion that appeases you or become France....meh, same thing, you'll ALWAYS be disgusted at America. 

Dexter

• Patriotism, the last refuge of the scoundrel. -- Irish, darnit!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2024, 04:36:19 pm
  • "MAKE POVERTY HISTORY......."
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 05:58:24 am »
..you'll ALWAYS be disgusted at America.

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 06:24:42 am »

I DID say republican america, but feel free to misquote me as usual.

Happy to. 

I DID say I hate any and all Americans because you are just too damn confident about your country and I can't muster up enough courage to fix MY country, so I'll complain about yours

Will that work?  ;D

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 09:31:49 am »
-S

Dexter

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005, 10:33:06 am »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005, 10:48:43 am »

y0, w0t, eye punch yer plums

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2005, 11:42:08 am »

Yep, shouldn't be a surprise to any right wing wealth-hoarding hate-mongers.  I just hope all my tree-hugging frog-licking dirt-eating moonbat cult buddies don't find out I've spilt the beans! Good job man! All you have to do now is post it repeatedly so people will finally understand the truth.  My do-gooder buddies will take me back anyway or I'll throw their "we kare teh mostest of ever-body in de wurle" mantra in their faces!  w00t!

I DID say I hate any and all Americans because you are just too damn confident about your country and I can't muster up enough courage to fix MY country, so I'll complain about yours

Yep, shouldn't be a surprise to any right wing wealth-hoarding hate-mongers.  I just hope all my tree-hugging frog-licking dirt-eating moonbat cult buddies don't find out I've spilt the beans! Good job man! All you have to do now is post it repeatedly so people will finally understand the truth.  My do-gooder buddies will take me back anyway or I'll throw their "we kare teh mostest of ever-body in de wurle" mantra in their faces!  w00t!

Dexter

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005, 12:47:36 pm »
I PRAY that I never understand the point of that post. For humanitys sake I hope there isn't one.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2005, 12:55:57 pm »

Dude, Dexter sucks enough first run, don't rerun his crap and expose us to it a second time.

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 01:03:54 pm »
I PRAY that I never understand the point of that post. For humanitys sake I hope there isn't one.

Humanity is safe. If there's one thing I'm qualified to recognise, it's pointlessness.

That's a fun word. Pointlessness.

-S

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2005, 01:24:36 pm »

We are building Democracy in Iraq because we broke our Democracy 75 years ago.

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2005, 02:14:51 pm »

Humanity is safe. If there's one thing I'm qualified to recognise, it's pointlessness.

That's a fun word. Pointlessness.

-S

You need more "s's" in that word.  wait, we're all here, do you REALLY need more asses....er....essessesses

s

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2005, 02:36:36 pm »
Pointlessnessassesness.

-S

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2005, 03:10:50 pm »
Pointlessnessassesness.

-S

You're still missing a few.  Ask one of the slack-jawed-yokels trolling the halls outside your office.  They'll know how many is enough.

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2005, 03:17:17 pm »
No way. Those people in the halls scare me.

-S

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2005, 03:19:25 pm »

-S

How do you think they feel about the people in the office fishbowls they see through the glass?  They knock on that window just to make you jump.  It makes them feel like they have some power over you in case you decide to gnaw off their arm

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2005, 03:23:23 pm »

-S

How do you think they feel about the people in the office fishbowls they see through the glass?  They knock on that window just to make you jump.  It makes them feel like they have some power over you in case you decide to gnaw off their arm

Two of them just came in here. They wanted to take my picture for the yearbook. I told them that if they published my picture, the FBI would be able to find me and then I would have to kill them both.

Been here for six years. Number of times I've appeared in the yearbook: 0.

-S

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2005, 03:29:43 pm »

Been here for six years. Number of times I've appeared in the yearbook: 0.

-S

There's a pic in my high school yearbook of me and my buddy surfing on top of our desks in front of the open window.  It was nice having a do-gooder teacher who allowed almost anything short of nudity or violence in her classroom ;D