Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Applying adhesive vinyll?  (Read 923 times)

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
Applying adhesive vinyll?
« on: December 08, 2004, 09:51:16 am »
I recently put some side art on the side of my cab and was wondering what I did wrong because it can easily be peeled off.   The cab is made of plywood and the sides are painted with latex paint.  When I applied the adhesive vinyll I used rapid-tac and got my sticker in place and then squeegied from the center out in all directions.
I let it dry some and then squeegied it some more. 
Can a person use too much rapid-tac causing it not to cure right?  Or maybe since plywood isn't as smooth as mdf this cause it not to make a real strong bond.  I guess another possibility is that the adhesive vinyll was low quality but I have gotten other pieces from them before that seemed to work fine.

Anyone that has experience with this please let me know where I went wrong.  Thanks

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
Re: Applying adhesive vinyll?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 03:06:54 pm »
I'm just guessing here, but the adhesive may have reacted with the paint and is causing your problem.

I've not used this stuff, so that's just a guess.
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t