Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver/Swichtres & Video cards Geforce and ATI crossfire X  (Read 1089 times)

_harry_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2023, 07:38:00 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi all,
Recently my old computer passed away and so my cabinet (already 20 years old). Thus, I started to reconfigure everything from the scratch again.

Hardware
-JPAC build in the cab
-Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H with Intel core i-3 and 4GB RAM It is written ATI Crossfire X I guess It has an ATI video chip
-Arcadecabinet with an HANTAREX 9100

-An extra video Card EN210 Silent/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) I think this is a GEFORCE 210

I've been trying BATOCERA at the beggining but I had not finished instalation because I found many problems trying to configure everything with xrandr then I found this Groovyarcade which seems it is better prepared to work with 15hz

I've been trying with and without the GEFORCE video but I have unable to make it working in the HANTAREX 9100.

Are the EN210 or my motherboard compatible with this software?
What can I do to check It?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:43:50 am by _harry_ »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:42:16 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Video cards Geforce and ATI crossfire X
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 11:33:48 pm »
You should change the title of your post! I'd say something about Linux and GroovyArcade - that will pull interest from the right ppl :)

In the meantime, i will say that the ATI-crossfire X marking on the mobo is probably marketing, saying the the mobo supports it - you just have to go out and buy two ATI cards. Which i wouldn't recommend for a niche use case like this, as it will only provide headaches.

_harry_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 02:43:01 am »
I  don't care if it runs linux or windows. I just want to know if the video Card EN210 Silent/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) or the graphics integrated in the Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H are supported for the CRT Emudriver or Switchres.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 06:15:41 am »
I  don't care if it runs linux or windows. I just want to know if the video Card EN210 Silent/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) or the graphics integrated in the Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H are supported for the CRT Emudriver or Switchres.

I seem to recall GroovyArcade is a distro, not just a program, but i have no idea if it will allow you to install nvidia drivers.

You probably can't make the integrated graphics in the i3 processor output 15kHz video in windows. No idea about linux. The motherboard does not have any graphics chips itself, that crossfire stuff is just marketing guff.

crt_emudriver is for windows, and only works with AMD cards. If you go to Calamity's site - linked in the first sticky in this forum - and find the download threads, the information about which cards work with which driver versions on which Windows OS is all listed. A low-end supported AMD card will be $20-$40 from ebay, and is the easiest way to go. I'm a windows clown though, so make of that what you will.

_harry_

• Offline Offline
Re: CRT Emudriver/Swichtres & Video cards Geforce and ATI crossfire X
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 10:05:10 am »
I've tried GroovyArcade  with Nvidia drivers but does not detect mine. As fas as I read (Also at Calamity's website) there is no good support for Nvidia cards. Thus I'm looking for an ATI IDE card to flash it which it seems is the easiest and best solution. 

Many thanks

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 06:36:34 pm »
Errr, did you mean you're looking for an AMD graphics card to use Atom15? I'm confused now :)

_harry_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 03:07:13 am »
Ye. As far as I cannot make it working in my i3 board nor in GEFORCE EN210. Thus I'm going to flash an ATI card which seems the best solution for me now.

I follow this but It did not work in my EN210/HANTAREX, though :-[

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 05:54:38 am »
Ok, i know little about linux, and haven't looked into Batocera at all. Let us know how you get on :)

_harry_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 07:02:52 am »
I'll probably mount Groovyarcade as it is easier for 15hz monitor like my Hantarex 9100
To be honest I've found batocera to much complicated as it structure is Linux/EmulationStation/Retroarch/[emulator] while groovyarcade is OS/groovyarcade/[emulator]