Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: VMMaker resolution issue  (Read 1338 times)

32KOFDATA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 06:52:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
VMMaker resolution issue
« on: February 25, 2022, 09:23:13 am »
Hello!

I've successfully setup a PC (first time) using CRT Emudriver, VMMaker, Arcade_OSD and groovyMame (0.24) on Win10.

All works perfect on my CRT until I do a hard reset, then games play in an odd messed up, squished and very small resolution.

Noticed that in VMMaker “Output” defaults back to “Digital_5-DVI-disabled”. I switch to “Analog_0-VGA-disabled”, do a soft reset and games will play fine once again.
No matter how many soft-resets I do games will continue display in the correct resolution.

The issue arises soon as I do a hard-reset and to fix the problem I follow again the steps above.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 09:30:46 am by 32KOFDATA »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2024, 11:59:35 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: VMMaker resolution issue
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 06:29:11 pm »
odd messed up, squished and very small resolution.
Please post or link a clear picture of what you describe :)

Noticed that in VMMaker “Output” defaults back to “Digital_5-DVI-disabled”. I switch to “Analog_0-VGA-disabled”, do a soft reset and games will play fine once again.
I presume you are talking about the EDID emulation section of VMM there? Is there a reason you are not enabling EDID emulation, though?

Starting from the start, so forgive me... What hardware and OS are you using, to connect to what CRT with what cables or converters? You have test mode enabled, and the watermark appears in the lower right corner? Next, what version of crt_emudriver are you using and where did you download it? And when you click on the crt_emudriver setup program, does it correctly identify the Radeon card? (might say something like Radeon HD 7400 series, but that's good) Then, when you install crt_emudriver, does it complete without an error message? If you load the driver setup again at that point, what does it say? Does it still identify the card? Is the button to install the driver now greyed out, and the only option is to uninstall? How about after a soft reset, and then after a hard reset?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:32:06 pm by buttersoft »