Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jennifer goes skateboarding  (Read 32368 times)

jennifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Jennifer goes skateboarding
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2020, 01:28:19 pm »
I did find the secret to this skateboard thing, if anyone else is planning to try this (at least for riding it)...When your front foot is up front over the wheels pointing forward with all your weight on it, as you push with your other foot, at this point it is kinda wobbly Well, when you finally jump on, (aparently where my trouble was) it is still a bit unstable because all your weight is now on the board at this point...But if put the foot you were pushing with on the back of the board and turn sideways you can balance it almost like riding a bike, And go fast, Omg, so very fun...I bet with some practice I can actually step off the board while its moving, and step back on it with the other foot, it would be a timing thing like jump rope...So excited!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:40:03 pm by jennifer »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2020, 01:56:15 pm »
Riding off curbs still seems advanced for me however, still scary...If I had to guess how that is done, I would say it would most likely be a speed, weight distance thing, The physics involved would almost dictate to be lifting the front wheels, while going fast enough to clear the curb, and of course any garbage...Not really a "plop" but more of a controlled wheelie while moving fast enough.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2020, 07:28:30 pm »
Got you guys a fun pic of Dallas, Tx. (The big D.) 😁...Off to Boston.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:35:37 pm by jennifer »

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:31 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2020, 12:33:59 am »
Dallas to Boston is one heck of a drive sister!
From a former life of mine I can verify pics from almost anywhere within 300 miles of there for any doubters  ;)

Riding off curbs is where it gets scary (and major injuries can start occurring!)

Need to unweight the board almost entirely and maybe (ever so) slightly shift your center of mass more toward your back foot.

Safe travels.

And find somewhere to play a real video game!
 :laugh2:
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2020, 10:58:31 am »
#10...Va...Seems there is not a flat piece of cement in this whole state I have seen, It is like mountain top, hills going up, or down...I did find out the faster you go the easier it is to balance however, kinda like a bike is harder to ride slow. The hills were difficult, since the little wheels on a skateboard would turn really fast in a very short time on a hill...Not dead.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2020, 07:36:22 pm »
#11...WV...Skated W/mart parking lot.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2020, 07:39:03 pm »
#12...Md...Skated on the runway at a small airport, smooth flat, I felt a little naughty...Best ride yet!

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2020, 07:43:09 pm »
#13...Pa...Skated at chocolate factory, (parking lot) the air smelled so good it made me hungry, Coco I think.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2020, 02:21:09 pm »
#14...NJ...Thought I would do a airport again, But this one was really big, and couldn't skate the runway, so settled for parking lot, nice concrete, had a good time.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2020, 02:35:00 pm »
#15...NY...This one started out fun, but got ugly, My map said Tappen Zee bridge, (coming in from the north side) Well aparently they got some pompous big headed governor Quomo that thought it would be funny to confuse tourists by putting his name on the bridge instead, Long story Jenn got really lost, Wound up in Brooklyn (longest skate ride yet may I add) It seemed kinda sketch, so I wasn't taking pics, kinda smelled like garbage and pee, I decieded not to eat or shop there either, but had fun skating old sidewalks...

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2020, 05:58:48 pm »
#16...CT...Skated behind the Target.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2020, 06:02:51 pm »
#17...RI...Skated the parking lot at the pizza place (finally got to eat).😁...Aint Texas Bbq, just saying.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:05:28 pm by jennifer »

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2020, 06:55:01 pm »
#15...NY...This one started out fun, but got ugly, My map said Tappen Zee bridge, (coming in from the north side) Well aparently they got some pompous big headed governor Quomo that thought it would be funny to confuse tourists by putting his name on the bridge instead, Long story Jenn got really lost, Wound up in Brooklyn (longest skate ride yet may I add) It seemed kinda sketch, so I wasn't taking pics, kinda smelled like garbage and pee, I decieded not to eat or shop there either, but had fun skating old sidewalks...

ummmmm how do you miss the Hudson river?

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2020, 07:07:21 pm »
I diddnt know to look for a river, I was looking at a map, I guess there was some water between the two states, (hence the bridge)...But all worked out in the end, Brooklyn was actually quite fun to skate, I was there for quite awhile...Old concrete is hard to ride on however a chunk of cement can be a bad thing on a skateboard, mostly landing on it, but it will also stop dead in your tracks...It was fun, Jenn won't ever forget that day.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:12:50 pm by jennifer »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:57:49 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2020, 08:53:52 pm »
Maybe some day we'll get a Pic of you on your skateboard.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2020, 11:39:32 pm »
I think I feel a refreshing breeze...
#17...RI...Skated the parking lot at the pizza place (finally got to eat).😁...Aint Texas Bbq, just saying.
...and now I'm alone again, naturally.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2020, 05:52:24 am »
I think I feel a refreshing breeze...
...and now I'm alone again, naturally.
I thought there was something special about that place (wink😘) From what I saw, that could be considered a hard area to build an arcade machine without making the neighbors angry, Running saws in the night, and spraying toxic chems....Yes Pbj I will get to that...It is cold here, thinking maybe go up to Vermont today, then out west (sorry if I miss a couple states this trip)...CA. maybe

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2020, 07:46:43 am »
Looks like NH, and ME are the only ones missing...Put some coffee on boys Jennifer is going to Skatboard your states too...

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2020, 09:01:25 pm »
#18...MA...I found a quiet road just south side of Boston, curious it was patched asphalt bit tricky to ride, all smooth as glass then big glob of danger ahead.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2020, 09:04:08 pm »
#19...NH...Skated the parking lot at Home Depot.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:16:09 pm by jennifer »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2020, 09:09:18 pm »
#20...ME...Skated college campus, Got asked to leave, that was a little embarrassing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:14:33 pm by jennifer »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2020, 09:13:05 pm »
#21...VT...skated ice cream factory (parking lot) no tours or samples, little disapointed, thats Jenns favorite treat.😒

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »
Here is the Ice cream factory...I have run out of states out here, so off to CA...,I will hit a couple we already been, but Jenn will skate them again, just not count them...Already halfway across upstate NY,

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:31 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2020, 01:56:18 am »
All my old stomping grounds-

You, my lady are certainly doing your part for the economy burning fuel anyway!
Still waiting on some arcade action.

I envy everybody who could just jump in a car and drive to Brookfield, IL

If you are ditching the car and making it to Hawai'i you'll have to let me know.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2024, 10:10:04 am
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2020, 06:13:05 am »
Scrolling through reminds me of travelling with my grandparents in their conversion van as a kid.  They'd drive all over the U.S. and Canada, but not actually stop and see anything.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2020, 08:42:10 am »
I can see why your grandparents did that, as it it cheaper not stopping until you have to, Me, well between winter coming, and this corona thing I am just moving fast, and skating hard when I stop. There are alot if things I would like to see, The most recent is vermont, the whole state is not what I expected, and has the look of black sand and mountains (Yes gold) Jenn should have brought a pan😬...Bobby, I grew up in the glory days of arcades, and have watched the steady decline over the years, there may still be a couple machines in the wild, but since the 90s and home consoles, more recently the cell phone, and finally corona virus, I would have to say the arcade is officially dead...I do have a triple digit collection back at the house however, far more machines than anything I am seeing out on the road...Secretly Jenn looks at C/list in the night looking for good deals, but not seeing much of that really either.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:48:21 am by jennifer »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:39:52 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2020, 09:08:43 am »
Galloping Ghost in Chicago has over 700 machines. A little over an hour from my house. https://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

The Underground Retrocade has like 200 games. 30 minutes from my house. https://undergroundretrocade.com/

There are smaller arcades and barcades dotted all over the county. There are also collectors like me that actually let people come and play games in their real collections.

Unlike your games, there is actual photographic evidence that these places exist. Again, one pic of you in your massive collection of games would be nice.

In your skateboard thread you have taken plenty of pictures of road signs.

Do you know what is missing? A single pic of you on a skateboard in one of these fascinating places.

In all of your aimless zigzagging across the country did you think about making even one human connection?

We have members all over the country. Make some contacts.

It is possible to meet people even while observing COVID 19 safety measures.

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2020, 09:13:39 am »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 09:15:13 am by bperkins01 »
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2020, 09:14:29 am »
It appears you did drive right by my exit in MA..  just sayin..
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2020, 12:21:54 pm »
Galloping Ghost in Chicago has over 700 machines. A little over an hour from my house. https://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

The Underground Retrocade has like 200 games. 30 minutes from my house. https://undergroundretrocade.com/

There are smaller arcades and barcades dotted all over the county. There are also collectors like me that actually let people come and play games in their real collections.

Unlike your games, there is actual photographic evidence that these places exist. Again, one pic of you in your massive collection of games would be nice.

In your skateboard thread you have taken plenty of pictures of road signs.

Do you know what is missing? A single pic of you on a skateboard in one of these fascinating places.

In all of your aimless zigzagging across the country did you think about making even one human connection?

We have members all over the country. Make some contacts.

It is possible to meet people even while observing COVID 19 safety measures.
  You obviously are living in a bubble, since these machines were predominantly manufactured in the Chicago area, ya cheap monitors, arcades everywhere, whatever, Not the case elsewhere, and even more difficult over the pond, where choices are far and few...My friends know Jenn as someone who DOES NOT LIE, someone who if she says she has a triple digit collection you can take that to the bank, And somebody who understands the physical construction of a machine far beyond what you can only dream...I regress however, this is a skateboard thread, Jenn can barely skate at all, and was only documenting the state signs since I cant film myself skatboarding and worried  about falling on my phone even if I tried...This thread is over, (Sorry to those that were having fun😒) But rest assured Jennifer will skate your state.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 10:19:25 pm by jennifer »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2020, 01:16:41 pm »
After seeing the fifth arcade closed (Iowa 80 truckstop) games on, entrance blocked, A mere150 miles from Mikes booming economy, I made a few calls to some coin op friends of mine...Well, Well ,Well,  MikeA"ss", who is the crackhead lier now?...If you care to put your bottle down long enough, and sober up a minute, you may find only 6.6% of arcades are even open, production is slow and or shut down, and with covid resrstrictions (including a 6ft distance in most states)...https://www.vendingtimes.com/news/most-amusement-businesses-yet-to-reopen-by-august/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:18:47 pm by jennifer »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2020, 01:26:37 pm »
What does that have to do with anything I said? Of course there are businesses failing right now. Especially in the service industry. You said the arcade is dead. It is not.

I don't even know what a lier is. So I cannot comment on that.
who is the crackhead lier now?

No I won't put down the bottle and sober up.

Still not one pic of your massive collection.

Still not one pic of you on a skateboard in your skateboarding thread.

I thought this thread was over.
This thread is over, (Sorry to those that were having fun😒) But rest assured Jennifer will skate your state.

If you had any friends you would have visited one on you dumb trip around the country and you wouldn't have to make the trip by yourself.
I made a few calls to some coin op friends of mine

I was done, but any time you want to take another swing go right ahead.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:33:01 pm by Mike A »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2020, 01:37:37 pm »
I have documented some of my builds, (did that at #108 in jennifers hot new pin (part 1) sorry you missed it I am visiting friends out here, why do you think my route is so random...And even with the facts in your face you still to stupid to understand what it is you are even saying...Corona and the restrictions have shut down the arvade industry, there were only 6.6% fully open in Aug. With the overhead on that many non paying machines...The industry as a whole will most likely never recover.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2020, 02:06:52 pm »
You are not so cute when you reduce yourself to name calling.

Show me where I said that the arcade industry is not suffering under the current conditions we are all facing?

Visiting friends? You said you couldn't get any pics of yourself on the skateboard because you can't do it by yourself.

Do your friends know how to take a pic?

Things don't have to be this acrimonious. I asked for pics in several of your threads and you never provided them. It makes you look like a liar.

When I wouldn't let up in one thread, you took pics of some junk that was supposed to represent your massive arcade collection.

When someone talks as much as you do it is time to put your cards on the table. Are you for real or not?

If you show pics of all of the stuff you regularly boast about, then I will apologize and never bother you again.

Oh. And you did not read that article correctly at all. Don't quote numbers when you have no idea what you are talking about.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:26:26 pm by Mike A »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2020, 02:59:51 pm »
Your not the internet police, And diddnt even bother reading your drunken babble...Go pour yourself another one.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2020, 03:05:45 pm »
Thank you. I think I will. I just have to wait until after work.

You talk like being drunk is a bad thing.

And yes. You did read my post.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2020, 03:08:14 pm »
It is a stupid waste of life, no I did not read it,, you are predictable and probibally talking about nothing like a drunkard does ...I know what I am capable of, and dont have to prove nothing to you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 03:10:45 pm by jennifer »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2020, 03:09:45 pm »
See. I knew you read my post.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2020, 03:13:34 pm »
93% of arcades are closed, Arcades are Not open and doing well read the facts...Period.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2020, 03:15:17 pm »
Read the article again.

Pay attention this time.