Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ami rowe r82 juke box  (Read 3545 times)

techoff2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 12:37:33 am
ami rowe r82 juke box
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:42:19 am »
Have a ami rowe r82 that i have been fixing.
The last problem is that I can select and play a record , but about 5 seconds into the play function the magazines starts to rotate and doesn't stop until power is removed.
I have the manual.
Checked the micros and they are correct.
It selects the right record and the displays shows that the correct record has been set.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Techoff2

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: ami rowe r82 juke box
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 09:53:47 am »
Hi techoff2,

I suggest that you check the miscro switches again, if the transfer motor is in the play position it should should not reject unless a cancel button is pressed or the auto cutoff is activated by an incorrect cut off screw.

With regards to the cam switches check that none of the uninsulated spades are not touching each other (this is a common fault both on the 1100, 1200 and the two cam swithes on the R-84 mechanism upwards).

I would check the mechanism control for any burnt out resistors and the triacs used on the board.

We still do repairs on these boards, in fact we sent a set of boards we had repaired  back to the USA yesterday for a customer.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

techoff2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:56:54 am »
Just to restate the problems.
I can select and play a record, while the record is playing the magazine will start to rotate and not stop unless I cancel the play.
I have to quickly remove the record from the gripper otherwise it will hit the rotating magazine.
Once the gripper arm has returned to the stowed position the magazine will rotate a full circle and stop.
I have noticed that the data LED is flashing the whole time that the magazine is rotating.
From the cct diagrams this would indicate that information is being supplied from the selector unit even after selections have been implemented.
I am not sure how this can occur unless the IC is giving out false logic info.
If I remove the output connector from the selector unit while the record is playing and the magazine is rotating, the magazine stops rotating.
Not sure if the next bit is related but I cannot select records within the 100's range only 200's.
Have rechecked the micros and encoder wheel alignment.
Replace on board battery.
Checked all solder joints and connector joints.
I thought I saw somewhere that there was a new chip replacement mod for the r85 and up models.
Does it work for the R82?
Anywhere else to go?

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:28:26 am »
Hello Techoff2,

The R-80S to R-83 use different technology to the later R-84 to R-88 boards. The new board you can get from the USA does not cure everythin with a faulty board, we recently repaired three boards that had the add on chip boards, we repaired the faults on the boards and fitted the ustomers oriinal custom chips which were still workin correctly.

If you get stuck you might want to use our testing & repair services.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK 

techoff2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:02:28 am »
Both problems are now fixed.
Turns out q803 in mechanism unit was leaking emitter/collector which allowed magazine detent coil to energise turning on magazine motor hence rotation.
Cannot explain why juke box would only select one side correctly to play, and why q803 fixed it.
Thanks for help.