Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Master Volume Issue  (Read 7328 times)

bdeardorf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2017, 10:29:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Master Volume Issue
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:49:03 pm »
I have had my arcade setup for about a year but had not played it in a few months and I never had this problem before (I guess I hit something or a guest did last time it was used). I just noticed that when I am in ANY MAME game, if you pull down on the player 1 control stick, the Master Volume control pops up at the bottom of the screen. It only does this inside each game and not anywhere else. I have hit tab and gone through every input setting I can find and nothing shows player 1 "down" should open up master volume controller. I would have thought it was in the "General" settings since it happens in all games but I am at a loss as I think I have checked everywhere.  I have all windows hotkeys, shortcuts, etc disabled and it only does it when in an actual game.

I am running Maximus Arcade with an Xtension 2-player control board with track-wheel and "down" works fine when within the Maximus game selection menus. Only place it activates is inside the actual games. Once active, if you joystick right or left, it changes the volume. Only way to get it to go away is when you pull down the controller again. It really makes playing a game difficult.

Any ideas? I have attached a picture of the screen once the control bar pops up.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Re: Master Volume Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:46:08 pm »
Found a solution here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81479.0

In a nutshell, you need to change your "On Screen Display" in the User Interface menu to a different key you are not using.  (Press TAB while in a game, select "Input (General)", select "User Interface" and it's the first item.  Currently, it's probably set to whatever the joystick down key is set to.  Therefore when you press the joystick down, the On Screen Display pops up (looks exactly like the Master volume bar you posted).

Give it a go and let us know how it worked out.   :applaud:

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

bdeardorf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2017, 10:29:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Master Volume Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »
that was it. Can't believe I missed that one since it was at the very top. Thanks for the help!