Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: issue: cd100a mech dropping CD's during init  (Read 1219 times)

MetaxaMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2015, 11:35:41 pm
  • I just want to enjoy my jukebox!!
issue: cd100a mech dropping CD's during init
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »
I need some help.  I'm rather new to owning a jukebox.  Got a AMI-Rowe CD100a.  I'm having an issue after I load the CD changer mechanism and go through the Initiation.  My CD changer is doing a couple of things from time to time: 1) not putting CD's back in the slot correctly - misaligning the CD's and/or 2) during the Initiation it's dropping CD's.  When I open the case there may be 1 to 3+ CD's laying out that did not get put back into the CD changer or they fell out.  What could my issue(s) be?  I'm pretty frustrated and need advice.  This was supposed to be a fun addition to my "Man Cave", so far it's been anything but fun.  Your help and advice is appreciated.
Craig

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: issue: cd100a mech dropping CD's during init
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 11:21:27 am »
Hi Craig,

It sounds as if you need to do some adjustments on the mechanism, if you have not got a manual I suggest you purchase one.

Has your mechanism been converted to the open basket/carousel version or it still the old type with the wire separators between each CD?

What country do you live in? ammend your profile so it shows this, this will help to direct you to an engineer or supplier for spare parts should you need help.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

MetaxaMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 07:38:32 pm »
Hi Alan, Thank you for you the reply and initial insight.  I appreciate your advice and support.  For location purposes, I am in Canton, Ohio USA.  I checked and my jukebox is a CD-100.  The mechanism is an open basket/carousel.  Attached is a pic of what occurred last evening prior to my finding this forum.  The 3 cd's are the bottom were not placed there, they did fall out of the open basket.  If you zoom in slot 76 is missing a disc - I had completely loaded the carousel for this Initialize.  I do have volume 1 of the CD-100A Field Service Manual.  I read through hoping to find troubleshooting for this issue.  Possibly I missed.  I appreciate continued support and advice from all.  Thanks, Craig

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 07:16:01 am »
Hi Craig,

Good news your jukebox has had a great amount of money spent on it. Open converted mechanism, CD PRO laser disk and the correct controller.

You just need to make sure that the adjustments are correct for handling/ transporting the CD to the laser.
I suspect that the gripper bow is hiting the Hold Down Plate. If this is not the case then check that there is no lubrication on the Gripper Bow Assembly, check the Trunion & Cam gears for any imperfections especially if these have been greased. I usually strip down the assembly fully and wash all the parts in soapy warm water.

Reassemble and put high melting point grease in each end of the trunion casting where the trunion pins go into the casting.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

MetaxaMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:00:21 pm »
Alan,
Thank you.  I intent to have some time this weekend to continue work on my jukebox and I will follow your recommendations.  I will keep you informed on how all progresses.
Craig