Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: +8V DC led not lit on Rowe Ami R88  (Read 2541 times)

willie50

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 01:28:49 pm
  • I want to build my own Ami Continental!
+8V DC led not lit on Rowe Ami R88
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:23:00 am »
My Rowe Ami R88 has stopped working, think someone may have switched it off whilst it was playing because when I opened it up there was a record on the turntable. Anyway have noticed the +8VDC led on the power supply is not lit although the +28V AC and +28V DC work fine. I disconnected all the cables and it still does not light so I am presuming there is something blown on the power supply itself, any ideas what it may be. Plus when I went to reconnect the amplifier cable I thought it came out of the socket labelled service 250W Max, but the other socket is labelled Amplifier caution unswitched outlet Use for Amp only so I have connected it to thgis one as shown in attached picture could someone reassure me that this is the right socket and maybe let me know what the other one is used for. Regards Keith

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: +8V DC led not lit on Rowe Ami R88
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 04:23:07 pm »
You have a blown fuse on the power supply circuit board.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:35:02 am »
Hi Keith,

It will more than likely be more than just a fuse. It will be faulty components in your power supply.

If you are in the UK, I suggest that you remove your powere supply and send it to me for repair.

By your coments I guess you are making the Continental copy jukebox, we have given advice and undertaken board/amplifier repairs worldwide to many customers that have built this copy jukebox.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Games Unlimited & Datex Systems
Units 4 & 5 Lion Park
New Street
Halfway
Sheffield
S20 3GH
UK

0114 247 0242
alan-hood@datex.co.uk

willie50

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:07:45 pm »
Thanks Ken and Alan for your replies, shall try and take it out this weekend and have a look. Alan I am in the UK so if I have trouble with it I shall be in touch. It was working fine when we went on holiday but think our house sitter must have switched it off whilst it was playing as I said before there was a record on the turntable. By the way am I plugging the cable in the correct socket. Cheers Keith

willie50

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:52:16 pm »
Just to let you know I took the pcb off the power supply, fuses were ok but I noticed a few dry joints so resoldered them I then put it back together and powered up the power supply. Initially the +8V was still not working but then as I used my multimeter to try and find where the +8V came onto the pcb  holding one prope on the earth connection  I touched the end contact of the connector there was a little spark and immediately my meter read +8v, I then looked and noticed the +8V led was lit. So although I don't quite know how I did it my Jukebox is now back up and running. Was trying to find a picture of the pcb on the internet so that I could explain in more detail as to what I did, but could not find it. Regards Keith