Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Autofire and Custom Buttons patch  (Read 4528 times)

yatzr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2021, 11:26:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Autofire and Custom Buttons patch
« on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »
I had seen a thread previously stating that autofire and custom buttons will probably never be included in groovymame, and I'm cool with that, but my wrists suck and I gotta have it.  I really like the way mameplus does it, so I extracted the autofire + custom buttons code into a separate patch.  It turned out to be pretty easy.  This patch will work on both vanilla mame and groovymame.  The line numbers might get off, but the patching utility should be able to handle it.  Only thing to note...mameplus uses some fancy icons in the menu for custom buttons.  I didn't bother trying to extract all that code, so instead of the fancy 1, 2, 3 etc icons, you'll see "_a", "_b", "_c" etc.  I've tested it with a build of groovymame 155 and it seemed to work just fine.  I don't plan on maintaining this patch forever, I just thought I'd share it since I'm sure others would like to make use of it.

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 02:59:06 pm
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
Re: Autofire and Custom Buttons patch
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 06:48:49 am »
I just use the cheat file, most of the games needing autofire have it with that.

Whipon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2015, 11:32:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Autofire and Custom Buttons patch
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:29:32 pm »
Best way I found to have autofire in every game was by hardware. I did a tiny circuit with a NE555 timer, that I enable or disable by a simple switch.
It works like a charm ñ_ñ.