Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala/Mame display of horizontal games  (Read 1076 times)

jlachett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2012, 01:44:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mala/Mame display of horizontal games
« on: August 14, 2012, 11:07:23 am »
Good Morning,

New poster here. I've scanned the net, read what wiki's I could find, and scrolled through several pages of this forum, but I can't find an answer to this, so I registered here and hopeing by asking this, to find something.

I've been using Mala and Mame together for about a year or so. Love it. Hard drive crashed and I had to setup everything again from scratch. I can NOT figure out get my games to display properly. Vertical games, no problem. They look fine. Horizontal games are "squished" into, what I'm guessing, is a vertical display format. I can't for the life of me remember how I resolved this the first time but I "think" it had something to do with a setting in the rom command line in the mame config of mala, but I'm not positive. "Joust" for example is displayed "right side up" but it's squished sideways so that it's "skinny" but it is legible.

I have looked at all the config settings for mame with regards to display, I have most set to auto, etc and have spent hours trying and testing other settings with no success.

Any help/links/suggestions would be very, very welcome.

Thank you,
John L