Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 4x U360s in Mala  (Read 2055 times)

dren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2012, 04:46:47 pm
4x U360s in Mala
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:37 pm »
I put together a 4 player mame cabinet with a mala front end.  I want to use 4 U360s.  Will Mala support this?  I plug in all 4 but only 2 show up in the controller tab.  Also, in mame I can only configure 2 controllers.  I'm using Mame32.  Maybe I should be using a different version of mame?  Is this something that can/needs to be set up in a control.ini file?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Also, oddly enough Mala only recognizes one of the controllers.  Mala recognizes #1 as #1.  It recognizes controller #4 as #2 but won't recognize #2 at all.  Mame does recognize #2 as #2.  So it all works out when configured in Mame.  I just can't get Mame or Mala configured to recognize 4 controllers.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:15:30 pm by dren »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2024, 10:10:04 am
Re: 4x U360s in Mala
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »
Did you follow the U360 instructions to give them each a different ID?
http://www.ultimarc.com/ultrastik_inst.html

All the joysticks will work fine in any version of MAME, but the joystick ID's might not be correct depending on what order you plugged them in.
You'll have to leave them plugged in to avoid the controls getting messed up, or use this: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108767.0

Why would you need 4 joysticks working in MALA?

MALA is just for selecting and launching games.
I can see where someone would want to use one joystick to scroll through the games and the other joystick to jump to the next letter or change gamelist, but I can't imagine what you'd do with 4.

dren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2012, 04:46:47 pm
Re: 4x U360s in Mala
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:33:51 pm »
Yes, I gave each U360 a different ID before actually using them.  I guess I was a little confused as to what all MALA actually does.  I don't need 4 controllers to work in MALA...just the one.  But I do need to have 4 work in MAME.  Since I was only able to configure 2 controllers in the MAME menu when 4 were plugged in, I was at a loss.  This is in the file drop down menu in MAME.  I will try the tab menu when it's running a game.

Thanks for the help.