Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LED Blinky - cabinet animations  (Read 3799 times)

neohusky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2022, 09:10:44 pm
LED Blinky - cabinet animations
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:48:44 pm »
Hi all

Arzoo has a nice feature which allows lighting cabinet LEDs. This is done via some clever coding which allows LEDblinky to control and run 2 animations simultaneously on different controller boards (PACLED64 for example). This feature is located under the misc tab.  Currently this feature is a little restricted as the cabinet LED option only allows a single animation file to be specified.  It would be great if this could be expanded to be made more consistent with the other FE animation options ie. Allow separate cabinet animations for: FE Start-Up, FE Active, FE List Change, FE Quit and of course during game play.

To date Arzoo has done a brilliant job with LED blinky and has put considerable time and effort into it. He's probably got plenty of planned features. I'd love to have this feature added so I'm just wondering how many others would find this feature expansion useful?

Nephasth

Re: LED Blinky - cabinet animations
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 10:14:09 pm »
This guy.

Amongst other things as well.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:32:45 am »
In all the years LEDBlinky has been out there - I've never received any feedback on the LED Cab Animation option. I was actually convinced nobody was using it. And the feature was a pain to implement!

Anyone else think it would be useful to have separate cab animations for each event?
Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 12:57:00 pm »
I don't think many people actually have or plan on using cabinet lighting. I'm not using it yet, but will be down the road. I planned on rgb cab lighting before researching it, but thought it would be nice to light the cab in different sequences for different events. When it's all said and done, the letters of my marquee will be backlit as well as the invaders that will be mounted down the middle. But that's probably a year or more out for me still...

neohusky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:00:33 am »
This is my marque at the moment.

I also, have a similar cut out on the door.  As Nephasth said lighting the LEDs during different events would be cool. Lets see how much more interest there maybe.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:59:55 am by neohusky »

dan98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2011, 03:47:52 am
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 11:24:51 pm »
Wow that looks great :) I too have an arcadeworx special with cutouts and was thinking it would look awesome to have cab animations. I'm using RGBLED's with LED BLINKY and would love to be able to add animations independant of the cp so if this feature is possible I'd love to be able to implement it ;D

dan98

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 11:43:12 pm »
This is what i've put together so far in terms of cab lights. still a bit rough, but would be impressive if these LED Blinky features for sep cab lighting can be implemented to create lighting animations... let's see what happens  :)

Nephasth

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 11:47:43 pm »
I like those buttons! :D

dan98

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:40 am »
I thought you would ;)

Awesome alternative to other options in terms of illuminating buttons. Def worth the extra time and effort.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 09:15:26 am »
Wow that looks great :) I too have an arcadeworx special with cutouts and was thinking it would look awesome to have cab animations. I'm using RGBLED's with LED BLINKY and would love to be able to add animations independant of the cp so if this feature is possible I'd love to be able to implement it ;D

Just to clarify, you can currently set an independent animation to run on the cabinet when the FE, game, and/or screen saver is active. The request here is for greater flexibility - the option to specify different animations for each of those events.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

neohusky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »
Hi Dan98

As Arzoo pointed out: LEDBlinky can already run independent animations with the cab features.

Have a play with the options in the misc tab. My request was to expand the current cabinet lighting events to correspond with the standard existing animation events in LEDBlinky.