Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A couple of MaLa config questions  (Read 1856 times)

witchfinder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2011, 06:23:13 pm
    • HISCORE 2011
A couple of MaLa config questions
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »
I'm currently setting up a MAME cabinet using a vertically-mounted arcade monitor and have decided to use MaLa as the frontend to launch games from. I've never used it before so have a few questions regarding the way the game list is displayed:

1. I am trying to create a menu screen that resembles a high score table, with the games being the 'scores'. I'd like to always have 5 games displayed in the list, with the highlighted game always being the middle one in the list of 5 unless you're at the very top or bottom 2 rows of the list. In other words if you start at the top, the highlight is at the top until you move to the third game, then the highlight stays where it is as you move through the list until your reach the bottom 2 games. Is this possible and if so how can it be achieved? Alternatively I wouldn't mind if the list 'wrapped' so that when you get to the last game, the first one shows next in the list and the middle item in the list of 5 is always the highlighted one.

2. This one's probably easy to do. At the moment my gamelist shows all the junk about the rom version (e.g. 'Pac-Man (Midway)') but I would like to just show the game names (e.g. just 'Pac-Man') - how/where do I edit the game list to achieve this?

3. Finally is it possible to left-justify the game list rather than have it centred?

Any help would be appreciated!  :)

raungst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2016, 03:05:40 pm
Re: A couple of MaLa config questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:36 am »
I'll take a shot at some of these..

1. This is a function of the layout, and how to define the gamelist. You can play around with the LayoutEditor or try out some preexisting layouts from the MaLa website, and look at how they did it. My game list always has the selected game in the middle, though I don't remember if it wraps when you get to the bottom.

2. There's an option in the MaLa config for this. I believe it's "Remove brackets from game names" or something similar. I can't seem to find the screen on the Wiki, but I know its in there.

3. This is a function of the layout as well. Just select the game list in the LayoutEditor and set it to left justified instead of centered.

witchfinder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2011, 06:23:13 pm
    • HISCORE 2011
Re: A couple of MaLa config questions
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:15:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies - I probably should have played around with it a bit more before posting but it's good to know these things can actually be done before I spend hours trying to work out how! ;)