Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 issues  (Read 3413 times)

92greenyj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2012, 06:19:41 pm
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 issues
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »
Hey all,
not sure if this is the right forum for this or not.
As some of you may Know I am an arcade manager. I recently traded in my craptastic Crazy Clownz redemption game for a used Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 in a show case cabinet.
My distributor delivered it yesterday. I got our debit card system installed on it, fired it up and played it. It ran great all day long.
I come in this morning and power on all the breakers and now MVC2 is totally bugging out.
I've tried power cycling it numerous times.
The marquee lights up, I get the Naomi splash screen followed by a screen that says "Game Now Loading". that stays up for about 10 to 15 seconds then it resets again. Naomi, Game load. it just keeps doing this over and over again.

Twice its gotten past that to the menu screen, but when I coin up, it just goes to a black screen.
Once i got all the way thru the character select and it froze up at the begining of the fight.

I have already spoken to my distributor and his tech guy. the tech guy was less than helpful. Everything he told me to try I did and it didn't work, just kept doing the same thing. My distributor is going to come pick up the Main board on Tuesday and take it up to his shop in LA so his tech can bench test it then he'll send me a new one. However that leaves me currently with a huge, black dead cabinet sitting in the middle of my arcade for the weekend. So I was hoping somebody here would have a more usefull idea on what might be wrong and how I can get it going again.

Thanks in advance

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
Re: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »
Check for an adequate 5.1vdc on the 5v line. Test on the edge connector with the power on. NAOMI is very power hungry and needs good, constant power.
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

92greenyj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:04:25 pm »
it does indeed have 5.1 volts

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 10:37:24 pm »
Remove, check, and reseat the rom cartridge yet?
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

92greenyj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:22:55 pm »
I did just remove the cart from the Naomi unit and hit the inside of the Naomi unit with some canned air to blow al the dust out and blew out the cart ala old school NES days. after I re-installed the cart I powered it on. This time it booted to the main menu screen. I coined up just via the service credit button inside the coin door. Hit player 1 start, picked my 3 fighters. I got as far as the vs screen (showing my fighters vs the three computer fighters) then i got a white screen and nothing else. Re-booted the game and tried again, this time on player 2 and got the exact same thing, only this time I got a black screen instead of a white screen and it self re-booted. got the Naomi splash screen and it all re-loaded. Tried one more time on player 2 and got the white screen after the vs screen and nothing else.

shess

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2021, 04:17:28 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:49:27 pm »
Try posting your question over at arcadeotaku.com or sega-naomi.com.  They would likely have more technical knowledge on that system.